tModLoader Terraria Overhaul - Gameplay enhancements and much more

Where is the .json file?
Screenshot_109.png
This is all mod files i have

@apigwithahat

You're in the wrong folder. TerrariaOverhaul.json appears in Documents/My Games/Terraria/Modloader, NOT Documents/My Games/Terraria/Modloader/Mods.
Also, use your file browser's built-in search function next time. You can find anything easily that way.

can you made separate mod just for non-vanishing blood & gore? Or is it possible to disable all the features and keep only blood so this mod would be compabative with everything else because "it only adds blood"? Great mod, but for a heavily modded terraria I would love to keep vanilla mechanics but + gore

can you made separate mod just for non-vanishing blood & gore? Or is it possible to disable all the features and keep only blood so this mod would be compabative with everything else because "it only adds blood"? Great mod, but for a heavily modded terraria I would love to keep vanilla mechanics but + gore
Nope.
NdcxK8g.png

[doublepost=1508862092,1508861957][/doublepost]I recently added an option to *freaking disable item overhauls*, so i guess it'd be enough for you. Also I'm planning to have full compatibility with thorium, calamity, spirit and tremor when 2.0 releases.

@Mirsario - Currently doing a Thorium-Calam-Spirit playthrough and likely gonna wait until 2.0 comes out so I can start a new game and play this along with those mods... however I have a few questions about specifics!

Firstly, how is the balance of this mod? I noticed melee weapons do 2x damage to bosses, we have reload mechanics, and magic weapons seem mostly untouched by the mod... so how do classes compare? Is anything particularly easier or more powerful?

Secondly, I suspect these mechanics make the game more challenging after reading, but I could be wrong, does this make Terraria easier or harder to complete?

I may think of more questions as time goes, but for now, really just curious about the overall balance, particularly for 2.0.

I don't know if you know this already but, in multiplayer at least, there's a glitch that sticky bombs/grenades/dynamites suddenly becomes infinite no matter how many you have, to activate it i simply throw some of them '-'

I don't know if you know this already but, in multiplayer at least, there's a glitch that sticky bombs/grenades/dynamites suddenly becomes infinite no matter how many you have, to activate it i simply throw some of them '-'
Fixed a long time ago. Wait for 2.0

@Mirsario - Currently doing a Thorium-Calam-Spirit playthrough and likely gonna wait until 2.0 comes out so I can start a new game and play this along with those mods... however I have a few questions about specifics!

Firstly, how is the balance of this mod? I noticed melee weapons do 2x damage to bosses, we have reload mechanics, and magic weapons seem mostly untouched by the mod... so how do classes compare? Is anything particularly easier or more powerful?

Secondly, I suspect these mechanics make the game more challenging after reading, but I could be wrong, does this make Terraria easier or harder to complete?

I may think of more questions as time goes, but for now, really just curious about the overall balance, particularly for 2.0.
1 - I seriously don't even remember at this point how well 1.1.2 is balanced, but 2.0 is definitely balanced freakin' amazingly. Player has way more opportunities of dealing more damage, but can also die faster if he screws up (yet there are invincibility frames in betas).

2- You'll definitely need to learn new things, but it (2.0 beta) should be the same difficulty if you're not asshanded.
[doublepost=1509052510,1509052388][/doublepost]
Some bootiful spoilers from overhaul's discord.

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Screenshot_3.png

Ok great, thanks for the reply, really hope 2.0 works seamlessly with the major content mods, this looks unreal.

Really enjoyable from starting through WoF, but some serious problems..
  • Hammers charging when being used for walls
  • The On Fire animation is absolutely superfluous.. multiple seconds of barely-controllable characters, etc. (that, with lava getting a tile beyond it's vanilla version; fire pets setting a bunch of stuff ablaze..)
  • Location saving is completely borked
  • Items on the ground duplicating into the inventory
..and the main..
  • Performance on an i5 / 960 is often playing at ~24 FPS (vanilla's ~144 FPS)
..Possibly because of the server it's on -- but because of what?

Some critiques and fun stuff..
  • keeping movement speed from dashes
  • getting an item for conserving movement speed on the ground, combined with the Bunny Paw

• The On Fire animation is absolutely superfluous.. multiple seconds of barely-controllable characters, etc. (that, with lava getting a tile beyond it's vanilla version; fire pets setting a bunch of stuff ablaze..)
..and the main..
aaand absolutely all of that is already fixed. Performance especially.

Just understand all that work takes time, especially because most modders do everything alone, like Mirsario.

..and the main..

Some critiques and fun stuff..
  • keeping movement speed from dashes
  • getting an item for conserving movement speed on the ground, combined with the Bunny Paw
aaand absolutely all of that is already fixed. Performance especially.

• Sticky dynamite staying in the inventory when used / giving nothing to the inventory when made (with an invisible icon)
  • Angel Halo is invisible

hey creator really hope you see this message as its really taking away from the gameplay , recently i became a patreon to gain access to 2.0 , but since ive updated the mod , i dont seem to be able to climb anything , ive checked the mods config files and it seems to be the line that changed spacebar to climb isnt in there. not sure if this is a bug or not but would be great if you had any recommendations about what to do , climbing is one of the reasons i got this mod and i really dont want to lose the ability to climb , any reply would be helpful , keep up the good work , i no longer can play vanilla terraria as this mod has changed the way i play the game entirely , BIG fan :)

привет, Mirsario.

I'm a bit anxious for the release of 2.0, from what you've said it will be the real deal.

Do you have an idea of when will 2.0 be released? December? January?

Or you don't work with dates?

Back
Top Bottom