This simple Terraria guide will help you on your first night, if you're new to the game
- When you enter in your new world, cut some trees to have at least 250 Wood
- If you find some stone, collect at least 30* of it. Also, harvest any ore vain that you see in your way
- If you encounter slimes, defeat them to have gel to make torches from the crafting menu
- If you find a chest in a cave at the surface, take everything that's inside. Also, take the chest by using your pickaxe
- If you run across by any brown pots, break them to get money or other useful items
- If you find an equipable accessory in a chest, equip it
- If you find mushrooms, harvest them
- Start building your house on the surface by placing 6 or more blocks of wood in a line. You may have to dig with your pickaxe to do it
- At each end of the floor of the house, build a column of wood of 6 or more blocks high.
- Add the wood needed to make the roof of the house at the ends of the 2 columns.
- Remove with the pickaxe the first 3 wooden blocks of the columns from the bottom of the column
- With the crafting interface, make a workbench and put it in your house, preferably
- If you found a pot in a chest, put it on your workbench
- Stay near the workbench, open your inventory and make 2 wooden doors, after, place them in the places provided for this purpose
- Again with the workbench, build the number of walls needed to fill the background of your home.
- Make a wooden chair and put it next to your workbench
- In each corner of your shelter, place a torch. If you don't have any torches, make them with some gel and wood
- With the workbench, make a furnace and place it anywhere you want ( Mostly in your home )
- If you have any ore, turn them into ingots from the furnace
- If you have at least 5 iron / lead ingots, make an anvil and place on the ground
- If you still have space in your house, place a chest that you have found. Otherwise, you can make one from the workbench for the cost of 2 iron / lead and 8 wood
- With your workbench, make yourself a wooden sword, a wooden bow and a wooden hammer
- If you have walls protruding from outside your shelter, destroy them with your hammer
- With the rest of the stone, make arrows for your bow from the workbench
- (Optional) If you want armor set, you can make a whole wood armor for 75 Wood ( 3 Defense / -1,5 Damage )
- (Optional) If you want to decorate your shelter, make 8 wooden fences
or more and place them as windows inside your shelter
- (Optional) If you have mushrooms, gel and pots on you, stand near your workbench with the pot on it and make healing potions.