tModLoader Terraria Reworked

Do you like it?

• Yes

• No (if so, why?)

Results are only viewable after voting.
This mod looks great, and tbh I agree vanilla late-game isn't that great after golem (kinda sad he's getting removed too tho). The one thing I will say is that it's WAY too similar to avalon, to the point where it looks like a avalon port that's been slightly tweaked to be a different mod. Most of the content here will be in the avalon port when it eventually releases. I'd rename the avalon content and change the visuals a bit (maybe change oblivion skulls' eye colors for example) so that it isn't the same exact content.

To show what I mean, this mod includes:

Superhardmode: one of avalon's signature additions

The hellcastle: a major structure in avalon

Caesium: a similar-looking ore that's mined the same way

Berserker gear: a vital avalon ore that looks nearly identical and is in the same place in progression

Oblivion: One of avalon's main bosses

If I didn't know about avalon development I'd think this is an official port, and I can imagine there's going to be quite a bit of confusion when this mod becomes larger.

EDIT: To clarify I'm not accusing you of theft or anything like that; I just think it's way too similar to the point where it's difficult to see what content belongs to which mod. The general style and way content is implemented is different, so if it got changed to not have the same exact name and appearance it'd just be inspiration. A good example is how many mods "copied" desert beak but change the AI, apperance, and name to the point where it's an entirely different boss/character.
Tbh, I feel the same about it. I'm not great at coming up with purely fresh ideas, and often resort to adapting and changing already existing things.
I hope I'll be able to change and evolve the ideas into something that won't be instantly recognizable as plagiarism though.
E.g. the layout of the hellcastle won't be similar to the Avalon's one, Berserker gear is something I fell in love when I first saw it. Same for Oblivion, has different attack patterns and sprites, but it's essentially the same thing conceptually.

Also, the mod is currently on hold again, 1.4 came and I'm also busy with other things, and life too. I might pick it up again tho at some point, so moderators, please do not close it.

Last edited:
So moderators, please do not close it.
Good to notice, but mods usually only close topics if say: the mod is not for download or doesn't work and your not around, or on (mostly only your) request

But don't worry if the thread gets locked still, you can just report your first post, and ask them to unlock it!

I haven't tried it yet, but it looks really good! However, the resemblance to Avalon is pretty uncanny (Oblivion, The Rail, which appears to be the almost the same as the Wall of Steel, SuperHardmode), even for someone like me who has never played Avalon before. Even if there are some diferences, I think you should credit them, at the very least.

I like this, but maybe change the colors of Oblivion's skull so it isn't similar to Avalon's Oblivion (it's name too). Timechanger too should have a different sprite and an altered name. Berserker items and Caesium items should have different names and different places in progression, they should also have different sprites so they aren't just Avalon sprites but made so they look good. SHM should also get a different name, so should the Hellcastle. The Rail should also not be just some mechanical WoF (i haven't seen the sprite, so i might be wrong.)

Back
Top Bottom