Terraria: Roses and Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every Rose: Slopes and stairs. Not only do slopes make it so running is actually viable and you don't need to jump every second, slopes and stairs just look nicer. (Runner up - Class specific armor. It's nice to be able to focus on a specific damage type and really bring out its damage without one type being all powerful.)

Has its Thorn: Millions of crafting stations. There's no reason to need a Living Loom, Sky Mill, Ice Machine, Bone Welder, Flesh Cloning Vat, etc, when all they do is force you to make space for them. Plus the RNG of finding some of them sucks. Heavy Work Bench has no need to be a separate station. And honestly, you can merge Blend-O-Matic and Solidifier with the Autohammer if you want people to not get them until hardmode. (Runner up - Allowing worlds to generate with hundreds of chests that contain many copies of "rare" items such as boomerangs, angel statues, and worthless stuff like breathing reeds and beach balls while at the same time not generating a single chest with something like water walking shoes, magic mirror, lava charm, lucky horseshoe, etc.)

Last edited:
Rose: Fishing. I loooove fishing. It may be boring sometimes, but boy, it can be rewarding. The second crate I ever got had tartar sauce and that motivated me to be a master Fisher. And, please don't rage, I actually really like the angler. He gives you some cool stuff.
"Okay, you finished your quest. Have some master bait."
"Thanks Bart-WAIT WHAT?!"

Thorn:How dark it is. I started in mobile so I could really see everything. Now that I play pc and console, I have to carry torches everywhere(atleast in pc I stocked up on ultralight torches when my buddy the merchant came)

Thorn:How dark it is. I started in mobile so I could really see everything. Now that I play pc and console, I have to carry torches everywhere(atleast in pc I stocked up on ultralight torches when my buddy the merchant came)
On the PC version, it helps if you change the lighting mode to trippy or retro.

Roses: The sheer massive variety of weapons in the game, and I enjoy almost all of them... but especially the Grenade Launcher!!!!!

Thorns: Now I know PvP isn't the central focus of this game, not even close, but I was nonetheless a little disappointed by the form PvP took when going from 1.0.6 to 1.1. And I was even more disappointed by the shape of PvP post-1.2. The final nail in the coffin was, most certainly, the Frost Moon update: the new weapons and balance changes it entailed.

On that note, I have to say that I'm really no fan of the Frost Moon as a whole. I said I enjoyed 'almost all' weapons, and well - a lot of the Frost Moon gear just happens to number among my few exceptions from that rule. :(

Rose: Things that can be crafted off of always/often dropped enemy's innards. There should be more of that and less "thorns."
Thorn: RNGed loot. What is the killer argument RNG lovers use? "Whatever you get is enough to beat the game." They think that is a defense, but in reality... That means there's zero replay value added by randomness, if all gear is so balanced that you can use whatever mobs drop.

I liked Terraria better when it looked like a sunflower, to be honest. If there were thorns back then, they weren't pointy enough to hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom