Terraria State of the Game - April 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm quite grateful that the Community section is fleshed out. It's as close as these States get to The Terrarian Times.

There's always room for improvement and greatness awaits when it's accounted for. `:happy:

I'm always so excited every time you release State of the Game announcement every near the end of the month. Oh boy, I'm so excited for 1.4.5 and Shimmer Water Gun sounds cool! Oh and good job on the trophies too, Crowno, they all look so cool!

While there isn't much to this state of the game (like the last few state of the games, you don't have to make one each month if you don't feel there's much to say), the Shimmer Water Gun is interesting.

While there isn't much to this state of the game (like the last few state of the games, you don't have to make one each month if you don't feel there's much to say), the Shimmer Water Gun is interesting.
I mean this is a smaller update so of course there's going to be less stuff to cover

I can't say I'm a total fan of the Skeletron Prime Trophy re-sprite. While the spritework is crisp and clean, I personally think that removing the cracks from Prime's jaw removes a lot of the sprite's personality, and I think it feels less satisfying to imagine it hanging on the wall of my trophy room.

Last edited:
What you are doing is very cool!

The other day, while playing Terraria, I was clearing a place for a farm with dynamite. After blowing myself up several times, I suddenly thought! It would be great to have an accessory to protect against explosions, but my imagination didn't stop there. It told me: "We definitely need a rocket capable of destroying and absorbing absolutely everything: "Ultimate Rocket". "
Perhaps I would have stopped there, but goblins came and it prevented my construction, so I came up with the idea of an obelisk that could turn on and off these very invasions.

P.s. Taken from the notebook of the mad frog.

duck fishron:he’s right

Attachments

• 76DD6710-819D-4C1D-A488-7A40A1AB1B14.jpeg
    76DD6710-819D-4C1D-A488-7A40A1AB1B14.jpeg
    101.5 KB · Views: 50
Even if Capcom doesn’t give you permission to use Monster Hunter‘s Kirin, I hope you still use a Kirin as a boss

better yet if you make a Kirin based on My Little Pony ;)

This looks great, but I have a suggestion. I know it's not the best place for it, it's not something incredibly major, but something I really want to see in the next upate: Make the Flying Carpet equipable vanity for wings or maybe make a wings variant for it in hardmode crafted with flying carpet, souls of light, and the forbidden fragment.
I think the item deserves more love.

My girlfriend and I have already played Terraria using crossplay now.
I like to play Terraria on PC only, using keyboard and mouse. So i installed Android emulator on PC. She was playing on the phone. To create a local network, we used "ZeroTier One" app.
So crossplay is already real!
Therefore, I am sure that Re-Logic will be able to introduce crossplay into the game. Good luck! And thanks for your work!

While this is true (even without an emulator) that you can connect Mobile + PC today either via local network or via IP (Port Forwarding etc) - in full disclosure, I am in the middle of a playthrough with my family where we are hosting on a local PC and connecting on a combo of phones and other PCs - that does NOT mean that it will be approved by first parties (Microsoft, Nintendo, etc) for other platforms.

We have tried to be clear that we cannot make any promises as to if we will be able to get everyone to Crossplay... or what form it will take. We are happy with our plan, but even if we get it all to technically work... the final decisions don't sit with us, they sit with the platform owners. They can say yes or no for any reason they choose.

So yeah, wish us luck, we need it!

While this is true (even without an emulator) that you can connect Mobile + PC today either via local network or via IP (Port Forwarding etc) - in full disclosure, I am in the middle of a playthrough with my family where we are hosting on a local PC and connecting on a combo of phones and other PCs - that does NOT mean that it will be approved by first parties (Microsoft, Nintendo, etc) for other platforms.

We have tried to be clear that we cannot make any promises as to if we will be able to get everyone to Crossplay... or what form it will take. We are happy with our plan, but even if we get it all to technically work... the final decisions don't sit with us, they sit with the platform owners. They can say yes or no for any reason they choose.

So yeah, wish us luck, we need it!
It would be nice to have public servers on Console again...

Correct me if I'm wrong (it's been a good 7 years), but didn't Xbox 360 have public servers enabled? If so, then how come they were removed, and why weren't they brought over to the Xbox One & PS4 versions?

It would be nice to have public servers on Console again...

Correct me if I'm wrong (it's been a good 7 years), but didn't Xbox 360 have public servers enabled? If so, then how come they were removed, and why weren't they brought over to the Xbox One & PS4 versions?

Public... servers? No, that never existed. People could host public games peer-to-peer over XBL, I think though.

I do not recall at this point all of the reasons why, but it was necessary at the time - sorry, its been years and years. :p

Public... servers? No, that never existed. People could host public games peer-to-peer over XBL, I think though.

I do not recall at this point all of the reasons why, but it was necessary at the time - sorry, its been years and years. :p
my guess is likely something to do with a 3rd party company being stubborn at the time

Trust me, I know the feeling! That must've been what I was remembering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom