Terraria State of the Game - April 2024

It burns!.jpg

endquote

Why is the nimbus rod cloud over the player called Nimbus silver and not grey? Is it the light?
(for comparison the nimbus rod cloud from the wiki)
Nimbus_Rod_Cloud_%28animated%29.gif

20240426_053824.jpg

Terraria computing is so much better than minecraft computing and you cannot convince me otherwise.
I really want to get into it more but terraria takes 5 MINUTES to launch offline and it won't open if my GPU is off.
Red, please fix.

Edit,

I know I will be burned at the stake for saying this, but now all I need is arch wyverns:merchanttongue:
@Orchamut , how would you feel about making and comparing buff arch wyvern art?

Last edited:
OMG the conveyor belt evolve !

YAAAS !

also does the daywalker with orange hair is a reference from south park or it's me ?

never seen such an early SOTG before, usually they happen on the last or second to last day, but we got it early bois : )

vertical conveyors and the return of the orcas are SO epic though

that comic cover looks sick!! can't wait to get my hands on it >:]

On closer look though it seems like they took the Minecraft approach with the orca where now the newest animals in the game are animated in such a smooth way that it looks a bit odd in contrast with the existing creatures. Even just compared to the dolphins which were added in 1.4.
yeah, i kind of have to agree here. this resprited orca looks awesome, but it feels at ends with a lot of the existing spritework in the game.

I'm still a little confused as to how furniture-based-item-pickup is being handled.
  • Do all chests just pickup everything now by default?
  • Do chests have to be set or wire-activated into some sort of "mode" to collect items?
  • Does the player have to craft or purchase a special "hopper" that acts as a collector and storage object?
I'd really appreciate some in-depth clarity.

On a separate note, is the weapon-stacking a new feature and reforging a stack the bug? Or was the stacking behavior itself the bug?

Maybe I'm being silly, but what's that transparent background behind Red featuring the Princess and Witch Doctor?

I thought it was the minimap overlay, but it doesn't look like it is?

Attachments

• It burns!.jpg
    It burns!.jpg
    202.2 KB · Views: 24
Y-axis conveyor belts? It'll be over when they unlock the Z-axis too. How will downwards vertical conveyor belts work, or will they only come as the upwards version?

On another note, they simply can't bring an old mob back... Orca-n they?

Edit: Autocorrect messed up

Last edited:
Y-axis conveyor belts? It'll be over when they unlock the X-axis too. How will downwards vertical conveyor belts work, or will they only come as the upwards version?

On another note, they simply can't bring an old mob back... Orca-n they?
ORCourse!

Back
Top Bottom