Terraria State of the Game - April 2024

The thing I got most hyped for here is the Orca. My childhood old-gen-console-playing self is very, very much satisfied.

Now, where's my Dragon Hornet and Arch Wyvern? (On second thoughts, however, I would NOT like to see what they can do in Master/Legendary mode. They were tough enough in Normal as it is.)
Based on the little gif, the orca seems to behave more like a sea critter (like the dolphin) than an enemy.

Chests suck up nearby items when wired and activated. A timer will make then continually collect items.
Is it just chests, or also other storage furniture like barrels, trash cans, and dressers?

What about the personal storage furniture, viz. piggy bank, safe, defender's forge, and void vault?

Seeing the Orcas was a very unexpected surprise, but an extremely welcome one. They were the oldgen creature I missed the most so I'm very happy even if I don't have a Sharanga

Jokes aside, Makes sense due to them being a real life creature instead of a concept like the others. I do wonder though if they'll deal damage or be big critters?
Since sharks are hostile too I don't see a reason why orcas shouldn't be hostile

The new stuff yall are adding is cool, but I hate to break it that I am starting to get a little impatient

I have been waiting for over a year and no confirmed release date, which, as a strict vanilla veteran of the game for over 10 years, is starting to get rather annoying

I am sorry for this ramble of mine and feeling like I am rushing you, but yeah get it done and polish it up XP

could you sound more entitled? %-_-

these are FREE UPDATES... massive ones, at that.

we are extremely lucky that re-logic is so passionate about the game and community and are generous enough to provide so much for nothing in return.

you choosing to not only NOT appreciate that, but DEMANDING they finish it before they're ready as if they owe it to you, is despicable.

maybe i'm reacting a bit harshly, but i absolutely despise this kind of behavior, especially in a world with so much disgusting monetization and greed consuming everything.

i'll refrain from ranting about all the other things that enrage me, simply cause this isn't the place for that.

could you sound more entitled? %-_-

these are FREE UPDATES... massive ones, at that.

we are extremely lucky that re-logic is so passionate about the game and community and are generous enough to provide so much for nothing in return.

you choosing to not only NOT appreciate that, but DEMANDING they finish it before they're ready as if they owe it to you, is despicable.

maybe i'm reacting a bit harshly, but i absolutely despise this kind of behavior, especially in a world with so much disgusting monetization and greed consuming everything.

i'll refrain from ranting about all the other things that enrage me, simply cause this isn't the place for that.
I appreciate the updates we are getting

I am sorry :<

I appreciate the updates we are getting

I am sorry :<

it's fine, i acknowledge i responded a bit harshly, it's just something that should never be taken for granted in today's world.

i get being eager for the updates to come out, but we should always be grateful for people like those at re-logic and everything they do.

Since sharks are hostile too I don't see a reason why orcas shouldn't be hostile

that... makes no sense.

orcas aren't sharks.

sharks actually have a history of attacking people unprovoked.

orcas are related to dolphins and typically don't harm people.

unless you're going by the behavior demonstrated in captivity... but that's because they were imprisoned and tortured.

that... makes no sense.

orcas aren't sharks.

sharks actually have a history of attacking people unprovoked.

orcas are related to dolphins and typically don't harm people.

unless you're going by the behavior demonstrated in captivity... but that's because they were imprisoned and tortured.
I actually didn't know that. Thanks for the information.

It does look like that but I'm pretty sure sharks have the exact same behavior as long as there are no players inside the water.

eh? i don't recall sharks behaving like that...

from my experiences, sharks won't even show up unless you're in the water, and as soon as you leave the water, they leave, as well.

I actually didn't know that. Thanks for the information.

since that's the case, and because i love orcas, here's another fun fact... they hunt sharks, frequently taking them down and eating their livers.

great whites fear them to such an extent that one shark swam over 2,000 miles away to hawaii to escape an orca. :dryadgrin:

orcas are amazing, so i am especially happy re-logic brought em back.

Last edited:
It burns!.jpg

Our Vampire playthrough ended as it should... with each of us cooking in the sun, except Redigit, who may or may not be a daywalker...

🕵️‍♀️ From left to right:

1) Serenity took little damage while not using umbrella, which apparently can grant 100% sunlight resistance;

2) Nimbus has cloud above, which does not helps and can't put fire out;

3) Antithesis took slightly more damage then the rest, but overall, damage amount looks almost the same for everyone;

4) Redigit has blocks on top and wall behind, so maybe because of that he is fully protected or maybe there is some new light levels mechanics(?)

I mean it looks like early morning and perhaps walled area is not yet fully lit by sunlight(?)

For a comparison, in last preview Dracula started to take damage the moment he moved past walls and burning continued after he returned.

5) Nescre ro42PC has complete sun resistance for some reason, so if there are daywalkers, then it's probably Nescre

6) and Loki is a topic starter.

What if someone has obsidianskin potion buff active? Will that protect against the vampire burn?

CRC 32 of the testers:
Loki - 23,781,140
Nescre r042 PC - 3,323,867,178
grey - 3,784,571,618
ManaUser - 1,613,945,272
Surprise! KirbyTG - 2,392,169,458
darthmorf - 2,329,848,480
Chippy-Vania - 2,650,204,154
Criddle is here - 2,738,111,722
Antithesis - 787,126,921
Nimbus - 166,281,766
Serenity - 2,387,089,676

I believe if the CRC 32 of your character name is between 3,000,000,000 and 3,500,000,000 then you are protected from sunlight as a vampire.
Glasia in CRC 32 is 2,767,898,228

Last edited:
Judging by how fast those damage numbers go brrrrrt I reckon the main debuff used is Burning, which can be blocked by all Obsidian Skull tinkers and the Obsidian Skin Potion. That could explain why Nescre seems to be entirely immune, as all they would need to be wearing is something like an Obsidian Shield or Terraspark Boots.

Judging by how fast those damage numbers go brrrrrt I reckon the main debuff used is Burning, which can be blocked by all Obsidian Skull tinkers and the Obsidian Skin Potion. That could explain why Nescre seems to be entirely immune, as all they would need to be wearing is something like an Obsidian Shield or Terraspark Boots.
Or Nescre has power that rivals Red (also in the original vampire gif you are taking 1 health vs burning which takes 5). It is likely closer to the Hellfire debuff or something entirely new for this seed

U guys and gals @ (re-logic) should add mouse side buttons functionality its really important for many Terrarians who play kb&m on Playstation 4s and maybe 5s

U guys and gals @ (re-logic) should add mouse side buttons functionality its really important for many Terrarians who play kb&m on Playstation 4s and maybe 5s
Mouse side buttons work fine on the PC version - I use them for mounts and quick heal.

If they're broken on consoles then you should file a bug report.

do you think one day xbox player will play with ps player? ps player playing with pc player? we need cross plaform.

Damn, vertical conveyer belts with chests being able to take items, and your bring back the Orca, holy :red:, sorry for the language, dudes, but I haven't seen the Orca since the olden days of Terrarria Xbox 360 back when meteorites used to be able to hit the ocean, dungeon, and temple, it hit my left ocean and was right next to a corruption biome, and I was worried as gonna get the meterite until I saw the Orca in the ocean, and I was like nope :red: this, I am not going in there, given how strong Orcas are as enemies, I backed right off fro that side of the ocean.

Also, kinda sad to hear no release for the spring, but honestly guys your fine, Terraria's development has been organic like that as you said Loki, and Id rather wait a bit longer for a more polished and refined Terraria, so yeah, take all the time you need, though QA might not be the same since Leinfor's passing, Im sure youll keep the game fun and balanced as you guys always have.

On the other hand though, piranhas and even arapaimas (which I don't think have ever even been rumored to attack humans) in Terraria are hostile and aggressive towards players so it could go either way.

well, piranhas ARE aggressive... and i had to look up arapaimas... the results i found say they're very aggressive.

do you think one day xbox player will play with ps player? ps player playing with pc player? we need cross plaform.

that is what they're hoping to achieve... all we can do is hope it works out.

Back
Top Bottom