Terraria State of the Game - May 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question: Can we get the Leather Whip to be in Wooden chests, it’s literally locked behind killing 1/10 of the creatures, and the only other option is going to the jungle, which in Expert+ Difficulties, is basically a death sentence.

Anyone else think a new use sound for the Zenith would be nice? I think for being the ultimate sword that the slowed and pitched down default "throw"/swing sound effect (what it sounds like to me anyway) just doesn't do it justice. Something like an ethereal whir or hum as the blades fly through the air? In retrospect I should've mentioned this when they were taking suggestions for 1.4.4 :confused:

Question: Can we get the Leather Whip to be in Wooden chests, it’s literally locked behind killing 1/10 of the creatures, and the only other option is going to the jungle, which in Expert+ Difficulties, is basically a death sentence.
I like that idea a lot!

Also, I find myself getting the Snapthorn before even getting a Zoologist to move on, maybe even before I can get a summon.

new Whips?

Attachments

• 11r.png
    11r.png
    1.7 KB · Views: 56
Hello there, hope you're doing great

Just got some ideas for an update in the future maybe? Like can we have 8 team colors please? Add like maybe black & orange color for FFA PvP?

And maybe make an npc that has a game mode in desert & underground desert. For example, in a world with 8 players, each players has to find and keep at least 1 gem until the time runs out. Those who do not get one will be eliminated from the next round. Each new round will have 1 less gem out of available players (e g. There will only be 4 gems when there are 5 players left) and the gem locations will be randomized. Players can steal 1 gem on those that has at least 1 gem and has a cooldown to steal another one for 10 seconds. They can also throw their gem to stun another player for 5 seconds, but they can only do so after keeping the gem for at least 5 seconds (if picked up from the ground after someone throw it) or after 10 seconds (if the gem was stolen). If the gem is picked up for the first time, players can throw it directly, but after picking up that gem again, the player has to wait for 5 seconds to throw it again. Gems can also bounce several time before stopping (gem that is thrown and touched another player will then just dropped at the ground. The timer needed to prevent players from stealing gems in a large number at a short period of time, yet it allows players to secure another gem other than the ones they're holding. Only pickaxe(s) are allowed for digging in this game mode (you can set up max pickaxe power to have a good balance between players) to prevent players from using bomb to destroy the biome quickly. The location will be on the desert & underground desert biome in a state like when the world just started with indestructible walls on the edge of the biome and it will return to previous state before playing the game mode. Spelunker potion and treasure locating devices will not work. There will be no enemies, houses, treasures, trap, etc. Players can never die. Unless you want enemies to spawn (maybe there is a setting?). You will respawn at the top of the desert or maybe directly disqualified(?). But yeah something like that could be fun?

The reason for 8 different colors is to record the points on that world either through game modes or pvp.

Regards,
LightNyx

It would be fantastic if you guys sold the STL files for the chibichans. I love 3D printing and painting minis, and finding good files is hard sometimes. It'd be great to be able to get the official stuff at a reduced price!

Hello there, hope you're doing great

Just got some ideas for an update in the future maybe? Like can we have 8 team colors please? Add like maybe black & orange color for FFA PvP?

And maybe make an npc that has a game mode in desert & underground desert. For example, in a world with 8 players, each players has to find and keep at least 1 gem until the time runs out. Those who do not get one will be eliminated from the next round. Each new round will have 1 less gem out of available players (e g. There will only be 4 gems when there are 5 players left) and the gem locations will be randomized. Players can steal 1 gem on those that has at least 1 gem and has a cooldown to steal another one for 10 seconds. They can also throw their gem to stun another player for 5 seconds, but they can only do so after keeping the gem for at least 5 seconds (if picked up from the ground after someone throw it) or after 10 seconds (if the gem was stolen). If the gem is picked up for the first time, players can throw it directly, but after picking up that gem again, the player has to wait for 5 seconds to throw it again. Gems can also bounce several time before stopping (gem that is thrown and touched another player will then just dropped at the ground. The timer needed to prevent players from stealing gems in a large number at a short period of time, yet it allows players to secure another gem other than the ones they're holding. Only pickaxe(s) are allowed for digging in this game mode (you can set up max pickaxe power to have a good balance between players) to prevent players from using bomb to destroy the biome quickly. The location will be on the desert & underground desert biome in a state like when the world just started with indestructible walls on the edge of the biome and it will return to previous state before playing the game mode. Spelunker potion and treasure locating devices will not work. There will be no enemies, houses, treasures, trap, etc. Players can never die. Unless you want enemies to spawn (maybe there is a setting?). You will respawn at the top of the desert or maybe directly disqualified(?). But yeah something like that could be fun?

The reason for 8 different colors is to record the points on that world either through game modes or pvp.

Regards,
LightNyx
You'd just implement that with a modded server lol

I don't use twitter, what game is that talked about in the post?
A sort of "Stardew Valley meets Pokemon" game called Moonstone Island.
"Wholesome Direct" showcase. The relevant clip is at 11:45.

Trailer for the game in question.

You'd just implement that with a modded server lol
If terraria devs can implement it in an update, it would be great and everyone would get it. With your logic, terraria shouldn't do anything else now including the upcoming dead cells collab because one can just mod it rather than implement it officially.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom