Official TerrariaOnline will be closing down soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish the site could have stayed online longer before it went dark entirely. I just found out about this but would have liked to back up some of the pages on there. :/
Kane posted an announcement on TO about six weeks before it happened. By that time, Curse had already dumped the site to a backup server and failed to do the steps to rebuild the internal image links and search indices. It was already a broken site by that time.

I get that people have great memories from there (myself included), but almost all of them would have been from about two years ago or earlier. It turned to a ghost town almost from the moment TCF opened. In the last year, activity from bots greatly outstripped activity from members. It was only a matter of time before Curse lost interest in hosting/supporting the site. There were plenty of opportunities for people to retrieve what they wanted.

I remember TO was the first forum I was ever active in EVER, there were many good people there back in the day, but when Terraria's development was "finished" everyone kinda...left, then when Terraria came back this came up and the damage was done and it was impossible to repair it. I kinda left Terraria in its entirety after they pulled the plug on Terraria, found more active forums, more interesting games, only now have I come back to check up on things again, thought that TCF was TO when I first came in. Now that I'm back to playing Terraria hearing the news that TO is coming down is heartbreaking, went back there last week and all I saw was a ghost town, not a site. It's sad to see TO go but it must be done.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!!

I found out about this just A BIT too late to archive backups of any of the threads I would have liked to save... /cry

Things like my old tConfig mods, build screenshots, tutorials I wrote, etc. - all gone cuz I was off Terraria for a few months... T_T

I met who has become my best online friend through that forums - just a simple "looking for a few people to play multiplayer with" post over there lead to half a decade of friendship and thousands of hours of fun across dozens of different games...

God this sucks - R.I.P. TO... Y_Y

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!!

I found out about this just A BIT too late to archive backups of any of the threads I would have liked to save... /cry

Things like my old tConfig mods, build screenshots, tutorials I wrote, etc. - all gone cuz I was off Terraria for a few months... T_T

I met who has become my best online friend through that forums - just a simple "looking for a few people to play multiplayer with" post over there lead to half a decade of friendship and thousands of hours of fun across dozens of different games...

God this sucks - R.I.P. TO... Y_Y
Use waybackmachine. It has a working archive of most of TO. You can use it to get back your lost threads.

Use waybackmachine. It has a working archive of most of TO. You can use it to get back your lost threads.

I already tried - spent an hour and a half looking through various snapshots, but lacking a search feature for the 10,000+ threads paw through did me no favors, and I constantly ran into pages that were not backed up.

Unfortunately, I estimate that my threads are somewhere in the middle of the 50-100+ pages on each forums, and the site snapshots seem to only include the first 10 or so, and the last few. I gave up... =.=

I already tried - spent an hour and a half looking through various snapshots, but lacking a search feature for the 10,000+ threads paw through did me no favors, and I constantly ran into pages that were not backed up.

Unfortunately, I estimate that my threads are somewhere in the middle of the 50-100+ pages on each forums, and the site snapshots seem to only include the first 10 or so, and the last few. I gave up... =.=
I found the thread I was looking for using my old bookmark URL.
(Eg http://www.terrariaonline.com/threads/devilbros-terraria-logo-tutorial.80714/)

I then went on the front page of the latest backup and modified the way back machine URL to point to that thread instead.

Just out of curiosity,but does this issue of Online shutting down affect New Gen Consoles (PS4/XBOXONE)?I just wanna make sure I was reading carefully...

Just out of curiosity,but does this issue of Online shutting down affect New Gen Consoles (PS4/XBOXONE)?I just wanna make sure I was reading carefully...

Terraria Online which has closed down is completely different from the Multiplayer servers of PS4/Xbox One. Terraria Online was the main but unofficial fansite for Terraria made back when Terraria was 1st released around 2011. It was used and was where the Terraria Forum Community originally developed before TCF was created and became the official website for Terraria. It was last year around July of 2016 when TO was finally shut down as TCF is where all main Terraria -related announcements from the Developers themselves happen now.

This Thread has also served its purpose by now, so we have decided to lock it. Members who wish to continue or haven't shared discussing their memories of Terraria Online may continue to do so in this Thread: https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/your-favourite-moment-in-terrariaonline.46686/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom