Terraria's Tales: The Goblin Tinkerer

Shu-jico

Terrarian
"Hey, you, rocket scientist," the goblin sorcerer asked.
Reluctantly, he responded: "What is it this time?"

I have always been different from most of them. I had glasses, but no strength or magic powers. They would spend time doing wars over cloth and fighting over nonsense, while I would tinker with the little scraps I myself would find. My inventions looked good.. on paper at least.. but when I present them to the others, they either break or explode. They think I'm useless. I know I wasn't useless, I just needed the right people to prove it to.

In my spare time, I would clean and fix the weapons that were assigned to me. This was the one job I had skill in, making the weapons better than they were before. I could also make it even worse, if I mess up. Nonetheless, they were impressed by this, and that was probably the only thing that allowed me to stay here. I didn't live the best life, just a small room with a garbage bag, but it was better than nothing.

One day, they were about to go to war. Against the humans, it seemed. I couldn't find a reason as to why we were even having a war with the humans, so I asked: "Why not be peaceful?"
They got angry over this and somehow got fed up of it. I was carried by them, tied up in rope, to a cave I have never ventured to before. They left me there before going to war. The cave was dark except for a few glowsticks from pots I smashed by throwing spiky balls at. The cave was boring. I sat there for days..

One day, I saw a silhouette coming by. Oh no, the goblins have returned for me. Maybe they changed their mind.. or maybe they want to kill me..

To my surprise, it was a human who showed up. He untied me, and asked me a few questions. Mostly about where I was from and why I didn't attack. I told him I was peaceful because there was no reason to fight. He had one last question for me.

"Anything of value you have there?"

Immediately, I gave him a mining helmet-flipper combination. I was proud of it.

He looked.. disappointed. "Anything else?"

I gave him a pair of rocket boots. I was a rocket scientist, but these were prototypes that didn't fly too high.. maybe he won't like them. Suddenly, I was dragged by the player, by hand, into a house. It had a chair and a table, light, and a potted Daybloom. He said thanks, left me 5 gold coins, and left flying.

And that was the true start of my life as a goblin tinkerer.

Last edited:
Did ya like it? I forgot to add a question for that.. tell me how you feel!
どうもありがとう!

Back
Top Bottom