terraspark boots aren't worth it

Breaking thin ice is still a pain, regardless of whether you take damage from falling. You still get stuck under the ice, usually in water.

Lava resistance is absolutely amazing pre-boss, and, despite the extensive crafting, these kicks are PRE-BOSS.

3-4 MPH faster is more of just an added-on buff, but it can make a big difference in traversing the world when you don't have any teleportation.

Water walking is absolutely amazing pre-boss, and, (As stated previously) despite the extensive crafting, these kicks are PRE-BOSS.

Auto jump, apart from RoD farming, is not very needed. Amphibian boots may apply jump speed boost that also boosts vertical acceleration, but you forget that these lengthen flight time and height, as well as granting their own built-in PRE-BOSS flight.

Breaking thin ice is useless, especially in hardmode when I have no fall damage (I could just grapple if I somehow fell pre hm)

Lava resistance: If you're making a hellevator, just use bombs; If you're mining hellstone drink an obi pot which you can obtain from breaking pots, 7 seconds < 6 minutes of resistance; and if you run into some lava whilst mining, just dig around it. Other than digging third tier ores after this point, why are you even in this layer?

3-4mph faster, who cares?

Water walking, just fly over the water, grapple if needed. You'll probably save time by doing this…

And amphibian boots are superior!!! They boost your jump speed which increases ascension speeds with wings/ balloons, allowing you to reach max flight faster + auto jump is surprisingly useful if you run out of flight and need to immediately fly up again in order to evade the attack
that’s why I like terraspar, I don’t need obi pot

Breaking thin ice is still a pain, regardless of whether you take damage from falling. You still get stuck under the ice, usually in water.

Lava resistance is absolutely amazing pre-boss, and, despite the extensive crafting, these kicks are PRE-BOSS.

3-4 MPH faster is more of just an added-on buff, but it can make a big difference in traversing the world when you don't have any teleportation.

Water walking is absolutely amazing pre-boss, and, (As stated previously) despite the extensive crafting, these kicks are PRE-BOSS.

Auto jump, apart from RoD farming, is not very needed. Amphibian boots may apply jump speed boost that also boosts vertical acceleration, but you forget that these lengthen flight time and height, as well as granting their own built-in PRE-BOSS flight.
While you are right that Terraspark boots are insanely good as a pre-boss accessory, you are unlikely to get them pre-boss. Shellphone is a similar case, It is Post-Skeletron, but you are unlikely to get them before Wall of Flesh. You could do overpreparetion by getting them as early as you can, but I dunno if it is worth your time.
I plan to do overpreparetions in future playthroughs, I may try to get Terraspark boots pre-boss on them. I'll see if they are worth the time you have them pre-boss!

While you are right that Terraspark boots are insanely good as a pre-boss accessory, you are unlikely to get them pre-boss. Shellphone is a similar case, It is Post-Skeletron, but you are unlikely to get them before Wall of Flesh. You could do overpreparetion by getting them as early as you can, but I dunno if it is worth your time.
I plan to do overpreparetions in future playthroughs, I may try to get Terraspark boots pre-boss on them. I'll see if they are worth the time you have them pre-boss!
I agree. Normally, you won't be able to get them pre-boss. But the fact that they ARE obtainable pre-boss makes their benefits that much better.

have you heard of a pickaxe
okay but how often are you really going to be able to do that? not only would it be faster to just play the damn game and progress, you have to visit hell anyway for an obsidian rose, and what are you doing in pre boss hell anyway, other than grinding for demon scythe?
Water walking is absolutely amazing pre-boss
explain please
nobody uses amphibian boots for auto jump lol, you use it to make your wings better
tspark provides no extra flight boosts compared to spectre which are very easy to get compared to tspark, and by the time amphibian boots are actually good, you really don't need that half second of flight from spectre boots
that’s why I like terraspar, I don’t need obi pot
if you have time to grind tsparks you have time to grind potions. well, not even grinding, because obi pots are stupid easy to make

for moon lord you can use asphalt, infinite flight mounts, or insignia + betsy's wings, for twins you have asphalt and blessed apple, and eoc is easy enough to beat with hermes boots
The problem with that is that insignia and Betsy's wings are way harder to get, and aren't even replacements for terraspark boots. Mounts are too slow for ML imo. Asphalt stacks with terraspark boots.

I feel like since the advent of Journey's End the 'meta' is a little more open ended. such that the systems are actually devoid of 'one true correct answer' for the absolute highest numbers. Its really cool. It allows for so much more creativity in builds than previous versions of the game, as well as being quite the balancing achievement.

have you heard of a pickaxe
It's still annoying to fall in.
okay but how often are you really going to be able to do that? not only would it be faster to just play the damn game and progress, you have to visit hell anyway for an obsidian rose, and what are you doing in pre boss hell anyway, other than grinding for demon scythe?
As I said, it's not when you normally get them, it's how early you can get them. One of the reason duke fishron weapons get so much attention is b/c he and his weapons are scaled for post-golem, BUT you can fight him early hard mode and get weapons that can carry you for pretty much the rest of the game
explain please
You don't need to swim through water, so you can maintain top speed. Plus, it means you don't really need an arena for WoF unless your world gen is evil
nobody uses amphibian boots for auto jump lol, you use it to make your wings better
That was one of the OP's arguments tho, and I was refuting it
tspark provides no extra flight boosts compared to spectre which are very easy to get compared to tspark, and by the time amphibian boots are actually good, you really don't need that half second of flight from spectre boots
True, BUT that is added on to the previously listed effects, while being all in one accessory slot
if you have time to grind tsparks you have time to grind potions. well, not even grinding, because obi pots are stupid easy to make
But at the time you have these, you will want to save Obi for hellstone bars, and Obi pots CAN be stupid easy to make, but RNG can also be evil sometimes. I remember opening a ton of herb bags and getting 0 fireblossom, then scouring the underworld for a SINGLE. GODD:redmunch: MN. FULLY. GROWN. FIRE BLOSSOM.

But at the time you have these, you will want to save Obi for hellstone bars, and Obi pots CAN be stupid easy to make, but RNG can also be evil sometimes. I remember opening a ton of herb bags and getting 0 fireblossom, then scouring the underworld for a SINGLE. GODD:redmunch: MN. FULLY. GROWN. FIRE BLOSSOM.
Obsidian is still very easy to get in large quantities, as you dig a hellevator you will inevitably encounter water (either by digging into it, or it being a part of a cave system you dig into). From there it's pretty simple to then use your hellevator to transport the water to the lava and get tons of obsidian, even after making all the hellstone bars you'd ever want.
Fully grown fireblossom (middle) is very common; you were likely looking for blooming fireblossom (right), which only happens from 3:45 to 7:30 pm (in game time, not real time) and is what drops the seeds. With the staff (or axe) of regrowth, you can harvest fully grown fireblossom and get seeds from it, even when it is not blooming. The easy herb collection and increased herb drops is the main reason I look for a staff of regrowth in every playthrough.
1713918189183.png

Setting up a proper herb garden takes significantly less time than getting terrasparks does (unless you are extremely lucky), and will give you more herbs than you know what to do with. For example, this is what my potion materials chest looked like after one of my playthroughs (and this is after extensive potion use):
1713919020668.png

Last edited:
Amphibian boots is not as good as people say it is in my opinion. I almost never felt the effects of the amphibian. I still have no idea what auto jumping does, and extra jump height is simply unnoticeable to me.
The Ascent speed is much more of an advantage and allows you more maneuverability to avoid attacks, escape situations, and general traveling. (Although flying mounts can do better for long distance travel)

That is not even mentioning the fact that you never really wander in the ground in hardmode. In hardmode, you always fly with wings, and that is why "Quick" reforge becomes useless. The movement speed buffs only affect the speed on ground, so every "boots" accessory becomes almost useless in hardmode.
What goes up must come down, staying airborne is optimal but unless you have a soaring insignia, you're going to have to be able to make a quick landing, repositioning and takeoff. With Soaring Insignia, situations can still force you to the ground, where your horizontal speed goes down the drain if you lose all speed at the ground (Unless you have horizontal boost wings equipped). When you are on the ground, with no mobility outside of taking off, a horde of mobs or even a boss can ravage you in a moment of immobility

(TL:DR what goes up must come down you can't escape the ground)

Combine it with a "Quick" reforge and your mobility is beatiful. Movement speed is important in Pre-Hardmode, so Quick reforge and stuff like Terraspark boots are your best friends the whole time before the Wall of Flesh.
Any pair of fast running shoes (along with a dash item) allows you to dominate any enemy in horizontal speed. Those that can still outrun you are too fast for Terraspark Boots. Amphibian boots allow you much better vertical maneuverability and ascent speed, combine that with a few bottles or balloons and both height and speed are covered much better than the boots can provide. What the Boots DO improve is the quality of life effects such as water walking and ice control. Dodging these hazards normally is possible and Terraspark boots cushion the fall. Although, in a world of min-maxing you may have to make the sacrifice for more power

Wings are not affected by movement speed buffs, and due to you basically always flying all the time, movement speed buffs become obselete. Its a whole different story in Post-Plantera, where Soaring insignia exists.
Wings are however affected by the horizontal movement speed buff. Until post plantera amphibian boots do a crucial job well

I think if Terraspark boots had upgrades that functioned as both wings (flying mobility) and boots (flat ground mobility) throughout the game like they do in Calamity mod (I love Seraph Tracers, spiky wings go hard) then they would be absolutely worth getting. Being able to fly and get nice mobility on the ground from one accessory is something everyone would want. I dont know if something like this could actually exist on the base game, because unlike the mod I gave example of, Base Terraria does not seem like a place where some mobility accessory like that could be balanced.
Calamity there just combines the two's function, they do not have to merge. Terraspark boots are nice, however the function of amphibian boots are more important to keep on you, and thus in boot hierarchy they take center stage

(edit bruh how do I turn off this auto emoji correct)

The problem with that is that insignia and Betsy's wings are way harder to get, and aren't even replacements for terraspark boots. Mounts are too slow for ML imo. Asphalt stacks with terraspark boots.
insignia requires one empress kill. betsy's wings was just an example as it's the best preml wing imo especially with insignia, but you really don't need boots at all that late in the game since your wings are stronger.

witch's broom is actually quite good for ml, as well as the more well known shrimpy truffle during rain

using boots on asphalt is a complete waste. iirc your move speed without boots on asphalt is 59 mph and using boots boosts that to 64. a completely negligible difference
One of the reason duke fishron weapons get so much attention is b/c he and his weapons are scaled for post-golem, BUT you can fight him early hard mode and get weapons that can carry you for pretty much the rest of the game
false equivalency. killing duke early allows you to steamroll absolutely everything until moon lord, on the other hand making tspark just gives you a little bit of quality of life
Fishron wings are statistically better, and Betsy's wings are identical.
while fishron wings have the highest flight time that fact is not really important when you can use insignia. betsy's wings have the incredibly useful hover ability that, with infinite flight, remove the need to use a dash imo. that's why i consider them the best wings in the game
You don't need to swim through water, so you can maintain top speed.
except a situation where that actually becomes helpful in preboss is essentially nonexistent
Plus, it means you don't really need an arena for WoF unless your world gen is evil
again, water walking pot
I remember opening a ton of herb bags and getting 0 fireblossom, then scouring the underworld for a SINGLE. GODD:redmunch: MN. FULLY. GROWN. FIRE BLOSSOM.
i don't know what to tell you man, fireblossom is scattered literally everywhere in hell

Guys, terra boots are a qol item; the boots will change appeal based on the person. I for one don’t want to spam space to fly around the place (I would rather build a road system and use the unicorn), and build around lava when mining, but others are not like me

honestly imo Terraspark Boots are basically a necessity for my playthroughs, they're even in my post-ML load out. The run speed allows me to dodge, the lava immunity lets me mine hell stone without needing potions, and much much more. Also they look sick asf

Back
Top Bottom