Texture Pack Texture a day pack

Will pack have mod support and how many % of terraria items and does it contain??
We are currently around (roughly) 1350/9000 sprites, which would be around +-15%. So let's look realistically at the things: it's unlikely it's ever going to be finished, let alone have mod support. If it ever does get finished, I suppose mod support could be nice, but until then we're only remaking vanilla sprites.

We are currently around (roughly) 1350/9000 sprites, which would be around +-15%. So let's look realistically at the things: it's unlikely it's ever going to be finished, let alone have mod support. If it ever does get finished, I suppose mod support could be nice, but until then we're only remaking vanilla sprites.

Just thinking that it has 1350 sprites that are very high res and how much time it took blows my mind and if it gets complete and gets mod support my mind would be litarlly blown into small peices

JjDMjiN.png

New sliders are all done! These include the character creation color sliders, all option sliders (like volume etc), Stylist/Dresser sliders and cursor color sliders, pretty much every horizontal slider there is in the game.

Here is a small addition:
dSa8XaC.png
Lunar Flare
CK7Iqy6.png
Extremely failed Chlorophyte Partizan (Don't worry, it won't be used, atleast not in its current state...)

I guess we should have a purple-and-blue Moon Lord..?
We need to decide on the styles for the newer materials, so here I go for my ideas:
Lihzard: Magic-enhanced tribal-style (raw sticks, roped connections) stuff. Maintain the orange rock tips.
Martian: Geometric/Escher-esque stuff with tubes and tron lines.
Specter: Loose cloth, also has tron lines, but with spirals. Lots of glowy bits.
Shroomite: Shiny gridded "solarpanels" with light metal frames.
Fossil: Skeleton parts mixed with amber. I want to see femurs.
Forbidden: Shiny black (like my Onyx blaster) mixed in with shiny gold.
Vortex: I like how vanilla has it going. The geometric gunmetal mixed with the green tron lines is good.

I guess we should have a purple-and-blue Moon Lord..?
We need to decide on the styles for the newer materials, so here I go for my ideas:
Lihzard: Magic-enhanced tribal-style (raw sticks, roped connections) stuff. Maintain the orange rock tips.
Martian: Geometric/Escher-esque stuff with tubes and tron lines.
Specter: Loose cloth, also has tron lines, but with spirals. Lots of glowy bits.
Shroomite: Shiny gridded "solarpanels" with light metal frames.
Fossil: Skeleton parts mixed with amber. I want to see femurs.
Forbidden: Shiny black (like my Onyx blaster) mixed in with shiny gold.
Vortex: I like how vanilla has it going. The geometric gunmetal mixed with the green tron lines is good.
Actually, purple/blue/silver scheme could be only for the luminite stuff (the bars and some of the moon lord drops).
While I agree with most of these styles, I think the vanilla specter is too fairy-like for something that's made with the maddened souls of dungeon enemies. I'd go for something more grim reaper-ish and darker. Perhaps even change the color scheme of the ectoplasm to red.

ectoplasm.png
Here is some red ectoplasm, fresh off the presses!
I quickly tried ectoplasm with a cyan color, and it wasn't as effective as the red you suggested.

I can't belive it's been a year already. They grow up so fast...

This is for you, guys:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B599c6x9g7qOcFhnUUNGYllKMzg

Everything I have ever done as it laid on my hard drive.
Feel free to use whatever you want from it for the pack.
(although do refrain from using it anywhere else without my, or the other authors', permission)

I'm sorry for leaving. I'm more sorry I didn't say goodbye.
But you see, fact of the matter is, I had to take a look at what I was doing and whether it was worth it.
This pack was started before even the hardmode update, for a lot of you that is so long ago you might not even remember.
The idea of redoing all graphics was daunting even back then, but it was doable, because terraria was "finished" and all the content in place.
Except it wasn't. Terraria kept growing and continues to do so to this day and a project that would took months and years is now a project that would
take decades. We were... and now, you are playing catchup to a team of dedicated artists who only work with quarter the resolution of this pack,
artists who do this full time. I had to take a stock of what I should do with my time. I have a job and a school, and even with your dedicated help,
I have serious doubts we would ever even start catching up. So I decided to stop.

Again, I'm sorry I didn't say anything at the time, but I pretty much put it off day after day, until it just seemed better to leave quietly without saying anything.
For that, I apologize.

However, I'm glad it has not been forgotten and there are still people willing to update it...
It's your baby now. Have fun with it maybe some of my old files will be worth something to ya.

With love
TCF

I can't belive it's been a year already. They grow up so fast...

This is for you, guys:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B599c6x9g7qOcFhnUUNGYllKMzg

Everything I have ever done as it laid on my hard drive.
Feel free to use whatever you want from it for the pack.
(although do refrain from using it anywhere else without my, or the other authors', permission)

I'm sorry for leaving. I'm more sorry I didn't say goodbye.
But you see, fact of the matter is, I had to take a look at what I was doing and whether it was worth it.
This pack was started before even the hardmode update, for a lot of you that is so long ago you might not even remember.
The idea of redoing all graphics was daunting even back then, but it was doable, because terraria was "finished" and all the content in place.
Except it wasn't. Terraria kept growing and continues to do so to this day and a project that would took months and years is now a project that would
take decades. We were... and now, you are playing catchup to a team of dedicated artists who only work with quarter the resolution of this pack,
artists who do this full time. I had to take a stock of what I should do with my time. I have a job and a school, and even with your dedicated help,
I have serious doubts we would ever even start catching up. So I decided to stop.

Again, I'm sorry I didn't say anything at the time, but I pretty much put it off day after day, until it just seemed better to leave quietly without saying anything.
For that, I apologize.

However, I'm glad it has not been forgotten and there are still people willing to update it...
It's your baby now. Have fun with it maybe some of my old files will be worth something to ya.

With love
TCF
WHAT? YOU HAVE RETURNED (sort of!)? This is pretty incredible!

It's so good to see you back mate!
The fact of the matter is that this whole time, from the first sprite I did for this pack (those inventory backgrounds and that :red:ty molten fury if you remember), I knew inside that to finish this pack was kinda impossible. As you adequately put it, a couple of fan artists cannot redo all the graphics a professional art team has done, and continues to do, in 2x the resolution ontop. But I kept going, because it was fun, it gave me purpose, something to work towards. It improved my skills in pixel art greatly (which will definately help me in the future, because I intend to work as a game artist) and it simply felt fulfilling to add to an already amazing collection of high quality sprites. The joy comes from the journey, not the destination, is a saying I've heard before and it's what kept me going most of the time, even after you quit. So even if we never reach our goal, I'd be more than happy to assist you with this pack for old time's sake.
But aside from the pack, how have you been? You got me pretty worried with your sudden disappearance and all...

It's so good to see you back mate!
The fact of the matter is that this whole time, from the first sprite I did for this pack (those inventory backgrounds and that :red:ty molten fury if you remember), I knew inside that to finish this pack was kinda impossible. As you adequately put it, a couple of fan artists cannot redo all the graphics a professional art team has done, and continues to do, in 2x the resolution ontop. But I kept going, because it was fun, it gave me purpose, something to work towards. It improved my skills in pixel art greatly (which will definately help me in the future, because I intend to work as a game artist) and it simply felt fulfilling to add to an already amazing collection of high quality sprites. The joy comes from the journey, not the destination, is a saying I've heard before and it's what kept me going most of the time, even after you quit. So even if we never reach our goal, I'd be more than happy to assist you with this pack for old time's sake.
But aside from the pack, how have you been? You got me pretty worried with your sudden disappearance and all...

I... Yeah. Thank you.
If it helps, you're already a pretty good spriter.

As far as my dissappearance goes, there is no more to it than I already said, although some of the more stalker-ish of you manged to find me anyway...

I am fine for the most part. I still teach, I still learn, 'had a small surgery, traveled when possible, sat on my arse when not. Finished my new computer, started with archery and got back to the gym, now that I can again.

I may probably still contribute the odd texture here and there, but I'd like to find some good long-term project to sink my teeth into.

Back
Top Bottom