Console That's No Moon... It's a Moonlord: Terraria 1.3 Launches on PS4, XB1 Submitted

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't care about when it was submitted I just want it out...

I want to know when it was submitted so that we can know wether it could come out tomorrow or wether it could come out in another few days or a week
The first part of this thread says it's been submitted. It's heavily implied it was submitted the day this post went live, and that's the worst case scenario.

The submission process is not an exact science either. Knowing what day it was submitted doesn't give an estimate as to when it's going to be out. Could take days, could take weeks. Neither Pipeworks or ReLogic have any control over the process. Complaining it's taking too long will only makes things worse.

Still no answer on what day the update was submitted for Xbox one?

It's been 3 days
Upon lurking the pipeworks twitter, they've confirmed that they submitted it the day of the PS4 update release. I was super bummed
[doublepost=1513450718,1513450518][/doublepost]
Look, I will begrudgingly start from scratch today if I must; but if that's the case, I only want three things.

An Ocram Trophy, an Ocram Mask, and a set of Vampire's Knives.

I think that's more than reasonable seeing that I have, at least at the time of writing this, lost everything.

I also realize that the Vampire Knives isn't the strongest weapon in the game, but they are my own personal Mjolnir, and I need them lol

And the trophy and mask are things I can no longer replace in game any longer.

So if any of you that have had successful conversions have duplicates of any of those three items, and would like to show a little compassion for someone who suffered from this update this holiday season - my PSN ID is GeekBaronRW.
I run vampire knives as backup in case I start getting bamboozled, lol. They aren't the strongest but they still do decent damage and of course the heals are still amazing. Plus I don't blame you, I had to make one of those crimson semi-AFK farm things and sit there for a couple hours before I got lucky and the mold finally dropped. A lot of people don't get that lucky and have to farm it for days

* Edit*Anyone know if there's a way to choose between private and public online games?
One of the Re-Logic mods talked about this yesterday. Along the lines of "hmm we didn't think about this and we can understand why you would want it."[/QUOTE]

Anyone know how to summon pets, or light pets? Or desummon. Can't find a button to do this. Why is there an equipment menu added if when you put your equipment in said menu, you can't access it without 4 or 5 clicks? Better off just keeping it in my inventory then it's such a hassle to get back to them.

From your inventory press L2 to equip them. They have their own inventory slots now in the equipment menu.

The first part of this thread says it's been submitted. It's heavily implied it was submitted the day this post went live, and that's the worst case scenario.

The submission process is not an exact science either. Knowing what day it was submitted doesn't give an estimate as to when it's going to be out. Could take days, could take weeks. Neither Pipeworks or ReLogic have any control over the process. Complaining it's taking too long will only makes things worse.
True but estimating is the only thing making this wait bearable right now

Now that I know Xbox One has been submitted, I could wait until 2018! I even deleted everything (Except my Fishing Poles, Hotline and Golden took forever to get) just to get ready for this! And, you know, people of the Ps4 are starting to worry me.

For those who wanted to know :pinky:

cid:3DB96515-A9D6-44B7-9C72-C860A9F922C3

If the xb1 Certification submission was on the day ps4 1.3 went live then around the 20th give or take a day or two I expect that is most certainly what I'm going expect

Unbelievable that Private Multiplayer sessions are gone! These guys seriously don't understand how consoles work. Get ready for trolls joining in and destroying your stuff... Hope you can easily kick and ban them :(

Also joining remote worlds seems to overwrite the local world you were playing. That's a major bug that should've easily surfaced while QA testing, me thinks. Does it still remember the minimap discovery for remote worlds, like the previous versions did?

One of the Re-Logic mods talked about this yesterday. Along the lines of "hmm we didn't think about this and we can understand why you would want it."

From your inventory press L2 to equip them. They have their own inventory slots now in the equipment menu.

That's kinda crazy to hear that they have been working on this for so long, and have spent the last extended period working on bug fixes, but don't seem to have made final passes over so many systems to make sure everything is in place and covered from a mechanics point of view. Like, surely it's just a case of writing everything down in a list and checking it off as it is implemented. Then a final pass to ensure that whatever implementation is done well, or properly.

I get bugs. These things crop up and cannot be accounted for, just fixed post discovery. But there's so many fundimental design and mechanical issues that aren't bugs, but just seem to be oversights or really REALLY poor design choices. You know the type you can see when a early access game clearly has a programmer has to design a ui and it's awful because the developers dont have a designer available.

Like they had a checklist of pc inventory layout that they had to carry across. But didn't bother thinking about how you gain or dismiss buffs or pets now. Or turn on PvP. Or join teams. Or access multiple types of buffs from a controller. Or see what's in your inventory. Or read what the flashing text is telling you. Or even see what option your highlighting in the control remap screen. These seem to be such basics that haven't had a second going over by someone else on the team. Surely those last two i mentioned haven't been verified by another team member to say yep, 'that looks good, let's ship with that.'

Or They added in the equipment menu but doesn't think about how the UX is to interact with it. What's the point in the equipment menu if you have to leave it on your hot bar to dismiss pets etc? Something simple like including the radial menu from the pc control scheme could have allowed for all of these options to be accessible on a controller.
When I look at almost any other game on the planet with more options tHan buttons available, then the default is ALWAYS.... radial menus. GTA, assassin's creed, Ark, watchdogs, etc etc - even pc terraria. Radial menus as so intuitive for use with a joystick why did no one think why aren't we implementing this before release? Or is it a case of known issues but there's only so much they can do with it, I know no game is ever finished and it's just about knowing when to call it quits on iteration and bug fixing. But It's like they realised there's not enough buttons on the controller for a 1 to 1 mapping, so they just gave up and let half of it unbound.

No idea why I'm rambling to you about this mate! Sorry haha!

Will always be eternally grateful for the hardworking and dedication pipeworks has put in but some oversights just seem baffling.

Last edited:
That's kinda crazy to hear that they have been working on this for so long, and have spent the last extended period working on bug fixes, but don't seem to have made final passes over so many systems to make sure everything is in place and covered from a mechanics point of view. Like, surely it's just a case of writing everything down in a list and checking it off as it is implemented. Then a final pass to ensure that whatever implementation is done well, or properly.

I get bugs. These things crop up and cannot be accounted for, just fixed post discovery. But there's so many fundimental design and mechanical issues that aren't bugs, but just seem to be oversights or really REALLY poor design choices. You know the type you can see when a early access game clearly has a programmer has to design a ui and it's awful because the developers dont have a designer available.

Like they had a checklist of pc inventory layout that they had to carry across. But didn't bother thinking about how you gain or dismiss buffs or pets now.
Or They added in the equipment menu but doesn't think about how the UX is to interact with it. What's the point in the equipment menu if you have to leave it on your hot bar to dismiss pets etc? Something simple like including the radial menu from the pc control scheme could have allowed for all of these options to be accessible on a controller.
When I look at almost any other game on the planet with more options tHan buttons available the default is radial menus. GTA,, assassin's creed, Ark, watchdogs, even pc terraria. Radial menus as so intuitive for use with a joystick why did no one think why aren't we implementing this before release? Or is it a case of known issues but there's only so much they can do with it, I know no game is ever finished and it's just about knowing when to call it quits on iteration and bug fixing. But It's like they realised there's not enough buttons on the controller for a 1 to 1 mapping, so they just gave up and let half of it unbound.

Will always be eternally grateful for the hardworking and dedication pipeworks has put in but some oversights just seem baffling.

I sorta have to agree. Even though I have a Xbox all the small things Ps4 players are complaining about does sound bad.
And I have seen the fading text/inventory thing and it just scares me...:sigh:

I sorta have to agree. Even though I have a Xbox all the small things Ps4 players are complaining about does sound bad.
And I have seen the fading text/inventory thing and it just scares me...:sigh:

Yeah I mean let's be clear, this is clearly first of the first world problems here lol. We have an amazing game that is getting an amazing overhaul, for free, and will no doubt end up with everything fixed once they get feedback. Hi text readability isn't the end of the world. That's the kinda thing Hotfixes are for.

It's more the fact that so much appears to be not ready. I honestly feel bad for them, it clearly wasn't ready to come out but they felt like they had to by the end of the calender year because of all the promises earlier this year.

And they did warn us all when people were moaning 'just release it already!' imagine how bad it would have been. Scary thing is all the crashes stutters and frame rate hitches and freezes that I seen on builds they showed on twitch in august still in there. They are clearly struggling to get it working well, even though the pc version can run on a potato. I want them to feel proud of what they have a completed but at the same time, we need to bring all the problems and failing to light so they can get fixed.

Last edited:
My best friend just got corrupt data.
I'm scared to go on...
BTW, Moon Lord dropped a Rainbow crystal staff 3 times in a row...
It's still hard to beat him!!:biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom