Other The ability to place an anvil on a work bench.

I would complain about how the small wooden (usually) table would never be able to hold the weight of an iron anvil without breaking, but then again this is Terraria we're talking about. I don't see why not

I own actual anvils of several sizes. You would not want to do full-sized anvil work on a regular wooden workbench. Not only would it need to support the anvil's weight, but the weight of the workpiece and the force of hammer blows.

How about the heavy workbench? Seems likely it would be capable of holding up an anvil and withstanding the jolts of hammering.

Then again, using a workbench to craft an anvil is in itself silly. Real, commercially produced anvils are cast or drop-forged, not pieced together (though some craftspeople do make their own using unconventional techniques). It's game logic, doesn't need to be workable in the real world.

I own actual anvils of several sizes. You would not want to do full-sized anvil work on a regular wooden workbench. Not only would it need to support the anvil's weight, but the weight of the workpiece and the force of hammer blows.

How about the heavy workbench? Seems likely it would be capable of holding up an anvil and withstanding the jolts of hammering.

Then again, using a workbench to craft an anvil is in itself silly. Real, commercially produced anvils are cast or drop-forged, not pieced together (though some craftspeople do make their own using unconventional techniques). It's game logic, doesn't need to be workable in the real world.
But you need to know that not everything in Terraria is loyal to the real world. Sometimes, and a lot of times, Terraria's logic and physics break the laws of physics of our world (or universe). So, it would not be so weird to see it happen. But I also like more the idea of having an anvil + a heavy work bench, and a work bench + a sawmill. One represents the metallurgy and the other the carpentry.

Sorry — I was using "acorns" as a short way of referring to the very un-scientific way tree seeds behave in Terraria.

In the real world, no matter where you plant an acorn it will grow into an oak tree (or won't grow at all). In Terraria, you get different species of trees depending on what biome you plant it in.

I don't mind. Once I learned how they behave in the game, I adapted to it.

Your English is much better than many native speakers. I congratulate you on your mastery of a difficult language with many odd rules of spelling and grammar left over from centuries ago.

Yes, the work bench would break but; because the bench and anvils are the same size it would just fill my heart with joy to see them stackable. Life logic says it won’t work however, if it makes them stackable then I choose to follow game logic. I think putting it on the heavy bench is a great idea too. The only bad part is that it won’t fit perfectly and will leave one lonely block empty on top.

Yes, the work bench would break but; because the bench and anvils are the same size it would just fill my heart with joy to see them stackable. Life logic says it won’t work however, if it makes them stackable then I choose to follow game logic. I think putting it on the heavy bench is a great idea too. The only bad part is that it won’t fit perfectly and will leave one lonely block empty on top.
It's Terraria, we don't need life logic. We can literally use magic!

Sorry — I was using "acorns" as a short way of referring to the very un-scientific way tree seeds behave in Terraria.

In the real world, no matter where you plant an acorn it will grow into an oak tree (or won't grow at all). In Terraria, you get different species of trees depending on what biome you plant it in.

I don't mind. Once I learned how they behave in the game, I adapted to it.

Your English is much better than many native speakers. I congratulate you on your mastery of a difficult language with many odd rules of spelling and grammar left over from centuries ago.
Oh, yes. Acorns are really strange in the game. But I also adapted to it. Also, if you take a look at one of my old threads, I posted an idea of having a way to plant cacti and those smaller mushrooms in the underground version of the mushroom biome, and also some way of planting a 'cactus tree', some version of cacti that grows much more, and is made of a trunk like a tree, but with branches like those racket-like cacti.

Also, thank you for the compliment! I do speak english, and have quite a good accent, but I lack of lots of words and vocabulary. I'm still learning a lot of things, but if I ended up in any country that speaks english for I don't know what reason, I think I could survive. :D

Back
Top Bottom