The Art of Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnTarasMind

Empress of Light
Cheese - When one uses certain game mechanics, glitches and exploits to completely nullify and/or make a certain part of the game much easier to pass.

So, cheese. I'm sure many of you have heard of it recently, seeing as to how there are many, many videos about it on YouTube. Cheesing comes in many different shapes, sizes and methods, but the reason I'm making this thread is to lay down my opinion on certain tactics that are called cheesy on a rather constant basis. My opinions are just that, my opinions. All I'm doing is stating my opinions on certain cheese tactics, even though some of these I don't consider to be cheesy at all. Also, this thread is not to poke fun at anyone, so don't accuse me of doing so.

-WARNING- If you don't want to know the tactics, don't look in the spoiler.

1.) Minecart kiting

Minecart kiting is pretty self-explanatory, but I fail to see how this is considered cheesy. For one, the only real way to actually kite well with minecarts is if you have the Mechanical Cart, which is expert mode only, but even then, I still fail to see how this is cheesy.

2.) Nurse Teleportation

Another method that is self-explanatory. This one is another one that I fail to see as cheese. Most of the time, when you teleport to the nurse during a fight, the boss will despawn unless you have the nurse nearby, which can put the nurse in danger of being killed, which will completely ruin this tactic. It's not as easy as people make it out to be, especially when fighting the Moon Lord, since it now teleports to you if you get too far away. TL;DR - Not really a cheesy tactic, too easy to screw up with.

3.) Abusing Invulnerability Ticks

Now this one, I consider to be extremely cheesy. For those of you who don't know, this is when someone constantly takes low damage to constantly have invulnerability ticks, which completely nullifies any other damage. This method is an exploit, and anything that is either an exploit or a glitch I consider to be hardcore cheese.

4.) Hoiking

Yet another extremely cheesy tactic. You'll probably have to look this one up, because I don't really know how to explain it without demonstration. Yrimir has an explanation of it in his second night dungeon guardian video. Anyway, it's a glitch, so I automatically consider it to be cheese.

5.) Constant Teleportation

I'm on the fence about this one. This is when you have two teleporters on a one-second timer, which constantly teleports you between two locations. While this is an exploit in a way, it also doesn't work for all bosses/enemies. So, like I said, I'm on the fence with this one.

6.) Trapping/Constant Teleportation Mix

This one is one that I consider to be moderately cheesy. This is when someone uses constant teleportation mixed with traps so that the player can literally AFK kill bosses and such. I consider this one cheesy because while you can completely AFK kill certain bosses, it doesn't work for all of them.

So, I'll probably end up adding more methods to this list, along with my opinions on them when I find more methods. Anyway, if you have any methods yourself, feel free to post them in a spoiler as a reply. Also, like I said before, this thread is NOT about poking fun at people, this is about stating opinions on cheese methods and the like. Hey, who knows, this thread could actually help the developers with balancing certain bosses/game mechanics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom