The best Frost moon arena?

Smiffy

Skeletron Prime
This playthrough I have decided to actually start building complex houses and extra utilities (such as farms and liquid generators) as opposed to just building a wooden hut for each NPC and leaving it there. However I am a bit stuck on what to do for the arenas for the Frost Moon events. I have had a look at some designs but most of them don't quite get me to Wave 20. Yrimir's arena had gotten him to Wave 20, albeit a short time. I have tried to recreate it but despite my best efforts I never get above Wave 18.

DicemanX's arena (http://www.terrariaonline.com/threads/how-to-build-efficient-autofarms-for-moon-events.152527/) allows you to get to Wave 17 without barely doing anything. However it will probably take a long time for me to construct, plus the fact that it still doesn't get to Wave 20.

Has anyone got an arena design that gets them to Wave 20 reliably? I am currently using Yrimir's one as it is the best one I have seen so far, while not being too difficult or time-consuming to construct.

I'm using the one that teleports mobs underneath you while you spam Frost Staff with water candles and battle potions etc.
It's hectic to click as fast as possible, but it's simpler to set up than other arenas.

Has anyone got an arena design that gets them to Wave 20 reliably? I am currently using Yrimir's one as it is the best one I have seen so far, while not being too difficult or time-consuming to construct.

I have a second farm that gets to wave 20 at 1:34am:

It seems to be the current record-holder with video proof. It's also pretty easy to construct if one ignores all the Spear Traps for the Ice Queen (the Spear Traps make only a slight difference, and are certainly not necessary to reach wave 20 well before morning).

The only things needed are the mob box and the Spear Trap grinder directly below.

I have a second farm that gets to wave 20 at 1:34am

It seems to be the current record-holder with video proof. It's also pretty easy to construct if one ignores all the Spear Traps for the Ice Queen (the Spear Traps make only a slight difference, and are certainly not necessary to reach wave 20 well before morning).

The only things needed are the mob box and the Spear Trap grinder directly below.

That is probably the best thing I have seen in Terraria so far. It's definitely the best arena I have ever seen too!

I have baaten the frost moon event a couple of times without an arena,It's not easy i can tell you dat,but i used hearts lentarn and cam fires for regen the life and a magic class,one of my frends has a arena similar to the second video,its not dat hard if you are a hardcore fen

I have a second farm that gets to wave 20 at 1:34am:

You should try to do something about the fish statue on the left because your not killing the fishes from that statue instantly most of the time. No idea myself how to get that better because I am not really that good at building stuff but maybe you should let the bunny statues and the fish statues switch places.

You should try to do something about the fish statue on the left because your not killing the fishes from that statue instantly most of the time. No idea myself how to get that better because I am not really that good at building stuff but maybe you should let the bunny statues and the fish statues switch places.

What's a bit strange is that a swing of the sword has a maximum number of hits it can make, so if there are a lot of critters within the sword's arc, the sword will not hit all the critters. It thus wouldn't matter if any statues were switched or if other mob statues were used. It's still a good idea to use more statues than what seems necessary, because if no Moon mobs are on screen, the pumpkins from the sword will target critters instead. The critters don't affect the spawn rates of Moon mobs, so it's likely best to use as many statues as possible. Since the video I've actually changed the mob box quite a bit, but I'm still tinkering with other things in the arena so no new video yet.

What's a bit strange is that a swing of the sword has a maximum number of hits it can make, so if there are a lot of critters within the sword's arc, the sword will not hit all the critters. It thus wouldn't matter if any statues were switched or if other mob statues were used. It's still a good idea to use more statues than what seems necessary, because if no Moon mobs are on screen, the pumpkins from the sword will target critters instead. The critters don't affect the spawn rates of Moon mobs, so it's likely best to use as many statues as possible. Since the video I've actually changed the mob box quite a bit, but I'm still tinkering with other things in the arena so no new video yet.

But if you have more critters spawned around you then you can hit in 1 swing shouldn't be the surviving critters be the goldfishes and the bunnies on the right and the goldfishes on the left?

But if you have more critters spawned around you then you can hit in 1 swing shouldn't be the surviving critters be the goldfishes and the bunnies on the right and the goldfishes on the left?

Not necessarily - it depends what sort of damage prioritization terraria uses in the case of simultaneous spawns from statues. However, so long as I'm actually reaching the maximum number of strikes on minions with one swing, then I theoretically should be fine. I've had a chance to test a large number of configurations in that mob box, and nothing seems to be making any significant impact on the final wave times.

This is what the mob box looks like currently:

A01A274504545CEEC787821D18ABB45EE744C1B2

Not necessarily - it depends what sort of damage prioritization terraria uses in the case of simultaneous spawns from statues. However, so long as I'm actually reaching the maximum number of strikes on minions with one swing, then I theoretically should be fine. I've had a chance to test a large number of configurations in that mob box, and nothing seems to be making any significant impact on the final wave times.

This is what the mob box looks like currently:

A01A274504545CEEC787821D18ABB45EE744C1B2

Alright then good to know and that mob box looks good. To bad I am not good at building. All the arena's I have are copied from other people but I never just download a world to use it I always rebuild it in my own world so that I atleast have to do something and sometimes I change a couple of things to what I think makes it better.

i copied this arena but I have trouble with not needed spawns. Am on PS4 and did build this in the air but i get harpy's all over and they make my loot despawn very quick. Any one can give some directions?

Last edited:

i copied this arena but I have trouble with not needed spawns. Am on PS4 and did build this in the air but i get harpy's all over and they make my loot despawn very quick. Any one can give some directions?
Simple. Don't build it in midair. The moon mobs are set to mostly spawn at ground level. If you make an arena where harpies/wyverns spawn, you will get interference. Just move it down 200 blocks or so.

thx...I also saw a post people complain about very fast despawning loot (might be a bug) but i will lower the machine.

Capture 2016-02-03 17_43_15.png

This arena got me to wave 16 with some effort ,without the traps I was only able to reach wave 14.So now I got the achievment but I am thinking on upgrading my arena to somehow reach wave 20! I was using a melee character btw.[Meowmere for the first waves and terrarian for later ones was the way I did it].:happy:First layer is consisting of spear traps the second layer consists of spiky ball traps, some flametraps and super dart traps on the sides with a small layer of lava beneath..

Back
Top Bottom