Biomes & Nature The (better) Desert

Ethanylis, you should have dropped the toilet paper issue a long time ago. Zimberzimber declined to accept your objection; that is that.

Zimberzimber, even though that meme was used on a post with a lot of other content, its usage was ultimately disrespectful. It was used for no other purpose to be sarcastic and blatantly rub it into someone else's face that you thought they were saying something obvious. Do not do this again.

i like the whole idea because i thougt everytime when i created a new world and i was in the desert i were bored and hoped for a pyramid because there was nothing really to do there and i have a idea for the lihzard temple idea its a big pyramid which is like the lihzard temple but is like a pre-hardmode lihzard temple and the enemies in there are egyptian warriors a normal warrior with an machete or what they had in desert and the second type are flying scarabs or big scorpions wich climb on the wall like a spider and the boss at the end is a pharao first stage hes in a sarcophag and tries to stomp you while shooting lasers and second stage his sarcophag breaks and a pharao like tutanhamun or how his name was comes out and attacks you with a sword and throws sometimes knifes/knives idk at you and i need to mention in the boss room is a locked door at the end the boss drops upon death a key and some other items but back to the key with the key you can open the locked door and there is the treasure room with a chest further i couldn't think right now but i hope my idea is good

i like the whole idea because i thougt everytime when i created a new world and i was in the desert i were bored and hoped for a pyramid because there was nothing really to do there and i have a idea for the lihzard temple idea its a big pyramid which is like the lihzard temple but is like a pre-hardmode lihzard temple and the enemies in there are egyptian warriors a normal warrior with an machete or what they had in desert and the second type are flying scarabs or big scorpions wich climb on the wall like a spider and the boss at the end is a pharao first stage hes in a sarcophag and tries to stomp you while shooting lasers and second stage his sarcophag breaks and a pharao like tutanhamun or how his name was comes out and attacks you with a sword and throws sometimes knifes/knives idk at you and i need to mention in the boss room is a locked door at the end the boss drops upon death a key and some other items but back to the key with the key you can open the locked door and there is the treasure room with a chest further i couldn't think right now but i hope my idea is good
There is already a pre-hardmode dungeon, and making another is just boring.

I love desert settings! However, the desert is one of the most underwhelming biomes in the game imo. I was so excited when I first discovered a pyramid, then so disappointed a few minutes after. I even held off on trying to enter it, thinking it was like Skeletron's Dungeon. Nope. lol. You have some great ideas here for expanding it to be more interesting. Support +++

I really like the idea of Nomads. In my mind, I see potential for an alternative "Goblin Army" type of scenario. Perhaps the "egg sack" is more of a sarcophagus (or some type of relic). Break it and you summon the boss (as you mentioned) and it also initiates the random chance of a nomad army attacking every day (like the goblins). That would give a little more variety to the game. Sometimes Goblins, sometimes nomads... maybe goblin nomads? lol

Whatever happens, I do hope they expand the desert biome a lot more.

I love desert settings! However, the desert is one of the most underwhelming biomes in the game imo. I was so excited when I first discovered a pyramid, then so disappointed a few minutes after. I even held off on trying to enter it, thinking it was like Skeletron's Dungeon. Nope. lol. You have some great ideas here for expanding it to be more interesting. Support +++

I really like the idea of Nomads. In my mind, I see potential for an alternative "Goblin Army" type of scenario. Perhaps the "egg sack" is more of a sarcophagus (or some type of relic). Break it and you summon the boss (as you mentioned) and it also initiates the random chance of a nomad army attacking every day (like the goblins). That would give a little more variety to the game. Sometimes Goblins, sometimes nomads... maybe goblin nomads? lol

Whatever happens, I do hope they expand the desert biome a lot more.
I don't like the idea of another invasion before hardmode because that would make another grindfest.

Great suggestion,
you earned....
aaaaaaaaaaaaa
Support.jpg

I support 100%. You need to implement immunity to the sunburned and other desert debuffs into the Ankh Shield.

wanna hear something funny? the scarabs do the same thing as silverfish.
So?
Just because something dos something similar to something in a different something, doesn't make it the same thing.
A lot of bugs bury themselves, and just because some popular game has it doesn't mean every other game/suggestion that uses something similar takes its inspiration from it.

So?
Just because something dos something similar to something in a different something, doesn't make it the same thing.
A lot of bugs bury themselves, and just because some popular game has it doesn't mean every other game/suggestion that uses something similar takes its inspiration from it.
i never said they were the same thing, i said they were similar.

Well this is an excellent idea. Usually I just turn deserts into hallowed ground to farm light shards and souls of light. With this the desert would be more interesting than most other biomes.

Back
Top Bottom