Weapons & Equip The Biome Weapon issue.

Yeh so now you have to switch between them, your main weapon and rainbow gun
I'm of the opinion that at the current lasting time of 25 seconds if you have a good main weapon it's not even worth to cast the rainbow
considering how much it helps 25 seconds isn't bad at all, a huge chunk of summoners whip stack with 3 or more whips each whip only gives you 4 seconds to reapply. It's not that difficult to reapply rainbow every 25 sec in multitarget situations, mostly for events and probably useful against golem too(if it has local iframes)

anyway, does anyone know if it has local iframes?

considering how much it helps 25 seconds isn't bad at all, a huge chunk of summoners whip stack with 3 or more whips each whip only gives you 4 seconds to reapply. It's not that difficult to reapply rainbow every 25 sec in multitarget situations, mostly for events and probably useful against golem too(if it has local iframes)

It has Static iframes, which means it conflicts with itself but not other weapons. If it had local every single segment of the rainbow would be able to hit the same enemy and it would have absolutely colossal dps.

t has Static iframes, which means it conflicts with itself but not other weapons. If it had local every single segment of the rainbow would be able to hit the same enemy and it would have absolutely colossal dps.
oh I thought statc is when each projectile has iframes, I mixed up those two

Agree with all but I belive that the rainbow gun DOSE NEED A BUFF. Primarily rainbow gun is used as a sudo-sentry. All good but currently it lasts for 25 seconds which isn't alot of time. 25 seconds is not enough for its intended use(farming invasions). I don't want to keep switching to the weapon again and again. and its dmg is kinda bad. Things such as clinger staff/ LITERALLY ALL SENTRIES/ and Nimbus staff exist and are better in all ways.
I Feel like the only buff it needs is to its duration. maybe make it to something like 5/7mins.
Yeh so now you have to switch between them, your main weapon and rainbow gun
I'm of the opinion that at the current lasting time of 25 seconds if you have a good main weapon it's not even worth to cast the rainbow

Rainbow Gun's Rainbow lasts 40 seconds, not 25. It has also never lasted 25 seconds, so unsure where this came from.
And 40s is plenty (Or more than enough in a lot of cases, even on Master.) for bosses at this stage, and while it could be a bit longer, feels like a good sweet spot on events as well.

Rainbow Gun's Rainbow lasts 40 seconds, not 25. It has also never lasted 25 seconds, so unsure where this came from.
And 40s is plenty (Or more than enough in a lot of cases, even on Master.) for bosses at this stage, and while it could be a bit longer, feels like a good sweet spot on events as well.
But all other bosses except for golem moves around a lot and since the rainbow cant move its kinda useless for boss fights.

The bosses move relative to you, so just reposition them into the rainbow.
I tried this, felt like it's better to have full freedom on dodging the boss, unless you're really good at the difficulty you're playing on, you're gonna take a lot of damage when you try to make boss run into it.

Bosses don't even take much damage since they just move through it pretty quickly, might work for cultist tho.

Still being good at crowd control and golem is more than good enough.

It comes from a sockrteez video, I rewatched it to make sure he says it's 20 seconds, too many wrong information in that channel
This is by far the worst Terraria channel you could get information from, Sockrteez puts next to no information into his videos, has been blatantly wrong countless times (calling Flying Dragon bad for Crowd control, or infamously claiming Sky Fracture can pierce... IN THE VERY VIDEO DEDICATED TO IT), and above everything has been very immature when corrected in the comments for these videos, shrugging off valid criticism and even deleting messages and proceeding to :red:talk those who posted them.

Sockrteez represents one of the worst sides of youtube and you'd do good to never watch his videos again.

This is by far the worst Terraria channel you could get information from, Sockrteez puts next to no information into his videos, has been blatantly wrong countless times (calling Flying Dragon bad for Crowd control, or infamously claiming Sky Fracture can pierce... IN THE VERY VIDEO DEDICATED TO IT), and above everything has been very immature when corrected in the comments for these videos, shrugging off valid criticism and even deleting messages and proceeding to :red:talk those who posted them.

Sockrteez represents one of the worst sides of youtube and you'd do good to never watch his videos again.
I knew about the lazy testing and wrong information, that's why I did "don't recommend this channel" like 8 months ago, but I didn't know he's acting immature when people correct him. worse than I thought.

Too bad the channel is very popular, better channels like terrasteel, sobert gets way less views/subs than they deserve.

But all other bosses except for golem moves around a lot and since the rainbow cant move its kinda useless for boss fights.
Tbf, learning how to keep bosses like Empress and Golem in around the same area, is something I've grown accustomed to, since I use Lightning Aura and Shinobi/Monk armor a lot.

When you get really good at it, sentries and other sources of damage like Rainbow Gun, shine quite a bit. Sure getting a boss to stay in a source of damage is tougher than just running to the left or right, but that's what makes it fun. Also shaves time off boss fights.

As far as I remember the Frost Hydra isn't even good for Golem. Sentries are just bad in general outside of OOA. Biome weapons should be strong and above average in power, so this bad Sentry needs a huge glow up in particular.

I remember when he "showcased" Abigail against Mech bosses.... by using her with 9 minion slots which isn't possible until Post-Plantera, 9 slots giving her a vastly faster AI than the legal 7 slots Abigail. After specifying that he only used early Hardmode equipment.

Vampire knives are okay imo. But I can agree that it definetly needs a damage buff and legendary modifier. That would be cool
I think you misunderstood what I was asking for. Vampire Knives are really not an ok weapon as is. The low damage can be bypassed with the several ways of bypassing enemy armor (Sharpening Stone and Ichor Flasks, 27 AP total), the healing can be capped with the average damage loadout (T3 Well Fed+Godly), and then the healing is 12x stronger than a Greater Healing Potion, resulting in 150 HEALTH being restored in 5 seconds, compared to 150 health in 60 seconds from Greater Heals.

I remember when he "showcased" Abigail against Mech bosses.... by using her with 9 minion slots which isn't possible until Post-Plantera, 9 slots giving her a vastly faster AI than the legal 7 slots Abigail. After specifying that he only used early Hardmode equipment.
Even in this rainbow gun video I mentioned, he fought golem on surface jungle with cute fishron. He said "even for golem you have to keep repositioning the rainbow" golem was moving vertically because of that platforms so ofc you have to reposition it

I was asking how good you think greater healing potions are
I mean, they are the best you can do during hardmode? So I think they are really good. But I dont think VK makes the use for potions unnecessary.

I am sorry if I understood something wrong once again (my dumbass)

Back
Top Bottom