Weapons & Equip The Boofer!

Cubic.

The Destroyer
Behold, The Boofer! Troll your friends! Get sneak peaks! Teleport!

This is a very random Hardmode cosumable that looks useless when you first see it, but when you use it, everything falls in place. It's tooltip is "It looks unlucky to me." When you use it, there is a chance any one of these negative effects will happen:

- You teleport to a random area.
- One of your NPCs teleports to you.
- A powerful monster from any biome besides the one you're in spawns.
- A powerful monster from any event besides any events going on spawns. This does not include Flying Dutchman or Martian Saucer.
- A random boss spawns. No criteria needs to be met, with the exception of Skeletron and Skeletron Prime not spawning during the day due to their enraged behavior becoming too hard to handle. The boss won't despawn if the time criteria isn't met.
- You get a random debuff.
- A Dungeon Guardian spawns in.
- You instantly die, with the unique death message "<PlayerName> boofed themselves."
- The closest player to you instantly dies, with the unique death message "<TargetPlayerName> got boofed by <YourPlayerName>."
- Your The Boofer is wasted, doing absolutely nothing.

Or, you get a positive effect along with the third negative:

-A large chunk of Corruption/Crimson is removed from the world. (Does not work on the Hallow, and will not happen if there is none in your world currently.)
-You obtain an overpowered item.
-You obtain another The Boofer, and get a random buff.
-You obtain a boss summoner.
-You get a random new NPC.
-All debuffs you have are removed. (Will not happen if you have none)
-You get ignored by a random type of enemy. (Does not include boss enemies)
-You get the pet item "Buddy Carrot," which summons a pet hamster.
-All players obtain The Boofer. (Will only happen on split screen or multiplayer)
-All events end, and all enemies caused by them are killed. (Does not work on lunar pillars!)
-The closest Boss is instantly defeated. (Only if a Boss has been summoned. Does not work on lunar pillars.)

The Boofer currently doesn't have a Sprite. It looks like a hamster face.

The Boofer is a reference to the fact that hamsters dislike wind and water. As such, it is obtained from fishing.

Last edited:
Because it also has a chance of giving you a sneak peak of a boss you have never seen before, plus giving it to someone else is a great way to troll others. I'll remove the explosions though, just ran out of ideas while I was making this.
Edit: the point of the item is misfortune. If you use it, you'll most likely get something unlucky.

Because it also has a chance of giving you a sneak peak of a boss you have never seen before, plus giving it to someone else is a great way to troll others. I'll remove the explosions though, just ran out of ideas while I was making this.
Maybe dropping a few of the possible negative effects and adding some actually positive ones instead could make it worth having in the game. Maybe. Right now it just seems kind of pointless - though nothing's stopping you from creating a mod that adds it.

I don't make mods, I'm a console player (as mentioned in my status updates)
However I will try to make something better. The Boofer is based apon misfortune and is mostly used for trolling, but perhaps a few other lucky hits could make The Boofer pretty fun. But still, who wouldn't want to fight WOF on the surface?

The Boofer is based apon misfortune and is mostly used for trolling, but perhaps a few other lucky hits could make The Boofer pretty fun.
It would probably have to have at least an equal amount of good and bad effects, with roughly equal benefits and risks, if players are to actually try it. Might be better for the good to outweigh the bad though.
But still, who wouldn't want to fight WOF on the surface?
Lots of people, lol.

Edited. I hope I didn't make The Boofer too OP XD
Edit: if The Boofer summons WOF on the Surface then you won't get The Tongue, plus the fight would be easier due to less obstacles. However, your NPCs might die if you're too close to your house.

XD! What about WOF on the Surface!?
Edit: Or worse, WOF in a random hole!?

Last edited:
Technically, WoF on the surface would literally mean an easy kill, but Enraged means easy target

I'd imagine this would work at its best as a postgame item. Just drop the skipping past a boss in progression and you have the perfect time waster/troll item. Other than that this is amazing.

The boss can only be skipped if it is currently available (for example, you can't beat Golem on a pre-plantera world.) Perhaps I will nerf it a little though, perhaps maybe instead, it gives a boss summoning item to the player.

OH my goodness..

What I mean is this:
The Boofer is a Hardmode item, so it will only work on Hardmode bosses.
Which means you can't take the Boofer to a pre-Hardmode world and make it instantly become Hardmode.
If you haven't beaten all three mecha bosses, it won't beat plantera.
Of you haven't beaten Plantera, it won't beat golem.
If you haven't beaten golem, it won't beat lunatic cultist.
It will never beat mister moon, because that's a bit too overpowered.
It cannot defeat optional bosses (I'm looking at you, Duke Fishron.)

OH my goodness..

What I mean is this:
The Boofer is a Hardmode item, so it will only work on Hardmode bosses.
Which means you can't take the Boofer to a pre-Hardmode world and make it instantly become Hardmode.
If you haven't beaten all three mecha bosses, it won't beat plantera.
Of you haven't beaten Plantera, it won't beat golem.
If you haven't beaten golem, it won't beat lunatic cultist.
It will never beat mister moon, because that's a bit too overpowered.
It cannot defeat optional bosses (I'm looking at you, Duke Fishron.)
OH my goodness...

What I mean is this:
You aren't skipping over any bosses by doing that, nor getting a "sneak peak" because you're at the teir where you can fight it already

Back
Top Bottom