tModLoader The Celestial Frontier

Alphamega21

Terrarian
DISCLAIMER: this is my first proper post, so it's probably a little messy and disorganized.

So, I'm currently making my first mod, and I thought I might as well throw the idea out into the world. (In the rare case that someone ends up doing a similar idea as mine, then you'll know who did it first lmao. And if there's something here that another mod has already done, let me know.) It's a LOOOOONG read.
Here's a TL;DR: I'm making an ambitious mod, would appreciate some help. (specifically spriters and coders) We're a small team. (Discord server at the bottom)
-OVERVIEW-
The dark realm of Deep-Space, an expanse of void. It has recently grown volatile, and hostile creatures emerge from the depths.

It is up to you, the Terrarian, to contain the Deep-Space, defeat the many space-faring creatures that have invaded the land, and bring an end to an era of despair, brought upon by the Cosmic Demon known only as Xonix the Celestial.

How can you be of assistance in this war?
-Make use of over 1000 new items and weapons.
-Befriend 4 new town dwellers, each having their own invaluable services, such as material hunting, and rare weapon smithing.
-Mine for several new ores that can be used to forge new equipment, or trade them to certain npcs for unique goods.
-New supercharged potions have been discovered that you can use, to drastically increase your chances of survival.
-A New type of weapon, known as "Cosmic Weapons" can be discovered and used, which gain homing capabilities if you have enough Galaxy cells in your "Cell Container"

The world as you know it has drastically changed.
-4 new major biomes and structures to discover as you progress:
.The Chaotic Mines, an abandoned network of tunnels that house volatile, and often violent, plant life.​
.The Glacial Ridge, an abnormally frigid area that appears once the lord of the moon is vanquished, that requires extreme caution, as the temperature and dwellers within can prove fatal.​
.The Nexus, the core of space itself. It's a safe retreat where no enemies can bother you, and you can prepare your next move in absolute peace...Or you could, if Xonix hadn't ravaged the place while the Nexim Goddess was MIA. Maybe you can help to restore it?​
.Deep Space, a place that no mortal dare to traverse. It's best you avoid it...forever...no need to wake any eldritch horror that may be lying within.​
-Several new mini structures deep within the caverns, such as abandoned spaceships, hidden ruins, and more.

The road will not be easy, however...
-2 new events to test your warrior mettle:
The Lunar Eclipse, where monsters of shadow are born to wreak havoc.​
The End-times, A climactic finale event where Xonix' strongest forces are deployed to put an end to the resistance.​
-23+ bosses to take down, dispersed across the entire world. Some much more secret then others...
-Over 300 new enemies that'll try to stop you, including unique "elite" enemy varieties that will take much more then brute strength to overcome.
-Defeating Moon Lord will transition the game into "Warped Mode", further scaling up pre-existing enemies stats, adding several new enemies, class specific ores, the new Glacial Ridge biome, and many more changes.

Do you have what it takes to save the universe?

If you still desire an even greater challenge:
-APOCALYPSE MODE-
A new difficulty that gives all bosses new phases, and reworks them so that they require more strategy then brute force.
on top of that, normal enemies gain new attacks, healing items are less effective, and defeating bosses increases "paranoia", a new stat that increases enemy spawn rates the more paranoid you are, as well as making you susceptible to various unique debuffs. (There will be items exclusive to Apocalypse Mode to help manage it though.)

It isn't all bad though, as you'll gain access to a plethora of new "godlike" weapons, crafted from "Ascension Shards", dropped from bosses on their first defeat.
-END-
So, you're probably thinking "for your first mod, this is stupidly ambitious.", and you'd be right, so right now, I'm just focusing on adding small things right now, and hopefully in the future, it'll all add up to my final vision. I would appreciate help, specifically, spriters, and coders.

|CURRENT TEAM MEMBERS|
Alphamega(me): Main Director, Lead Composer
Supportcrispy: Director, Lead Spriter
TrapDoor_: Concept Artist, Conceptualist
HelplessHarp: Composer

We have a discord server you can join if you want.
The Discord Server

Last edited:
Ideas Person (I know that's not an official thing, don't @ me lol.)
On the contrary, friend! That job title is called a conceptualist, or sometimes an ideator, and is very much a real position.

Also, I know I @ you when you asked me not to;
We-dont-get-to-choose-the-thug-life..jpg

Jokes aside, this mod looks interesting. I'm excited to see where it goes!

Back
Top Bottom