Github
687474703a2f2f692e696d6775722e636f6d2f6b6463524f59502e706e67

Info
2017-03-30%2022_12_29-Terraria_%20Sand%20is%20Overpowered.png

uiAction.gif

2017-03-30%2022_15_28-Terraria_%20Sand%20is%20Overpowered.png

See imgur media for more details

Note: doesn't fully support multiplayer yet, will in v0.3

Adds a special altar to the game which opens a custom UI on right click.
Players can put any item into the slot and view all recipes available for the item.
The item can then be magically deconstructed, for a price.

As of v0.2, deconstruction changed.
Recipes are now 'sealed' into lunar cubes. The cubes can be sealed at command. (right click)
Cubes can be traded/given to other playes, even when sealed!
Craft a cube with 1 lunar fragment, 1 lunar bar
Craft a queer cube with 1 lunar cube and 1 lunar fragment
A queer cube will not be destroyed upon unsealing, a lunar cube will be destroyed.

Station is crafted with:
-10 of each lunar fragment (
Solar_Fragment.png
solar,
Vortex_Fragment.png
vortex,
Nebula_Fragment.png
nebula,
Stardust_Fragment.png
stardust)
Luminite_Bar.png
lunar bars
At the
Ancient_Manipulator.png
Ancient Manipulator

There's a failure rate in place when deconstructing potions, flasks and lunar fragments. (chance to lose some materials when unsealing)
Mod comes with fitting sound effects.
Supports items/recipes from other mods.

Mod is open-source

Changelogs

v0.2
Changelog from 0.1.1 to 0.2

General
'Deconstructor' renamed to 'Lunar Deconstructor'
Goodie bag is gone, now 'Lunar Cube', upgraded version is 'Queer Lunar Cube'
You can craft a Lunar Cube at the Lunar Deconstructor with 1 of any Lunar Fragment and 1 Lunar Bar
A 'Queer' Lunar Cube is crafted with 1 Lunar Cube and 1 of any Lunar Fragment at the Lunar Deconstructor
A Queer Lunar Cube can be unsealed without being destroyed, a Lunar Cube is destroyed itself upon unsealing
A Queer Lunar Cube is recognizable by its morphing colors
The cubes also have a overhauled tooltips and tooltip ordering
While deconstruction UI is open, right clicking a cube will not unseal it to prevent accidental openings
Item loss chance changed to 30% (from 20%)
Tile itself no longer draws cube all the time, instead it will draw the cube that's currently it its UI
All SFX volume lowered by 50%, no more earrape guys
Lunar Deconstructor now counts as a table for rooms
Changed tile origin for easier placement
Changed mod display name to 'Lunar Deconstructor'
Changed deconstruction pricing ever so slightly (deconstructs with no value are now based off of total stack count)

UI Changes
There's now a new slot (top slot) which will take an unsealed cube, contents will be sealed into this cube
The bottom slot is for the item you want to seal. Tooltips will show on mouse hover to help you.
UI will now show reddit's 'Wow, such empty' doge when the list is empty, because the initial preview was posted on reddit
UI item slots now supports ModItem Pre/Post DrawInInventory, along with a 'breathing' effect (lunar fragments 'breathe', for example)
UI item slots stack drawing improved: now draws with black border (FourWay)

Bugfixes
Fixed several bugs, including but not limited to:
1) Not receiving items when UI is forcefully closed in certain circumstances
2) Distance from tile to player not being managed properly
This is fixed by shifting the logic completely to the TileEntity
3) Right click not functioning properly on UI ItemSlots
This includes loss of ItemInfos
4) Infos for cubes (previously goodie bags) not being synced in multiplayer
Fixed using Netsend/Netreceive
5) Certain vanilla layer not being drawn when your mouse hovers the deconstructor UI, even when it's invisible

Sprite improvements
Tile sprite was improved.
Cube sprite was improved.
Queer cube morphs in colors.

Other
Massive improvements/reworks in code, check github
Vanilla 'flask' are now also seen as potions, and thus will have a failure rate in place
Lunar fragments (solar, vortex, stardust, nebula) now also have a failure rate in place
By changing the code to use ItemRarity.GetColor, the rarity color for level 4 should now be correct
Added 2 more 'errors' in UI:
1) When trying to seal an already sealed cube
2) When trying to seal with no cube in the UI
UI slots now show a faded texture along with a helper tooltip to help players figure out what they're for

Special thanks
@Eli10293 - thanks for making the base sprite
@Willsm - thanks for animating the sprite
SFX was made by me.

Last edited:
What do you mean?
Probably meant that since you could craft one fragment with the 3 other types, you could deconstruct one to get 3, then to 9 and so on. So it's basically infinite lunar fragments, but you did mention there is a cost, so hopefully that balances it out?

Probably meant that since you could craft one fragment with the 3 other types, you could deconstruct one to get 3, then to 9 and so on. So it's basically infinite lunar fragments, but you did mention there is a cost, so hopefully that balances it out?
Hmm, didn't think about that one. Yes, there's always a cost to deconstructing, which is also always more than either values (item / materials) But since this one is 'exploitable' (just like potions), I will also implement the 20% failure rate for it. This is to combat the exploitality.
Amazing idea. I love it.
Thank you!

Would be nice if you made a pre hardmode version for it either craftable and with coins cost/some item cost or an usable item like you said but for it to be not that rare and available earlier that only gives back some items for example for the crate potion it could have a 30% chance to give back an amber 30% to give back deathweed and like 25% for moonglow and 15% for the bottled water giving more chances for the items that are usually more desirable but still with significant chance to not get it for example for an item with 2 components you could give 60~70% to get the most desired item and 40~30% to get the other item. With items like armor you could have different chances to give back different amounts of bars.

I love this mode, but yeah, as @Roxxz said, maybe it should be like you get some materials by chance, and not always exact same amount. Also about moon lord dropped fragments. you should disable deconstructing them. You can have infinite amount of them when deconstructing them.

Aslo.. i think it's a little bit late to get it. Most people stop playing after dealing with moonlord, unless some mods have post-moon lord content. Just a suggestion, maybe upgradable deconstructor? The later in game the less it would cost to deconstruct item, while you could get it.. lets say post WoF/BoC, but deconstructing could go for a very hight cost.

Last edited:
maybe it should be like you get some materials by chance, and not always exact same amount. Also about moon lord dropped fragments. you should disable deconstructing them.
In the first version, only vanilla potions have a chance of losing materials. I'm updating the mod with a lot of changes, better quality mod.
In the next version, potions, flasks and the lunar fragments have a chance to lose materials. I also increased the chance from 20% to 30%.
I'm open to suggestions.
Aslo.. i think it's a little bit late to gate it.
Maybe you think so, but I've heard lots of people's concerns about the deconstructor being too OP if you're able to get it before moonlord. I haven't looked at other options.

I've been thinking about increasing overall deconstruction cost, and making 'deconstructing' available earlier through an NPC, but with increased chances of losing materials (for any deconstruct) along with getting a random amount, say between 70-100%, instead of guaranteed 100%.

Maybe you think so, but I've heard lots of people's concerns about the deconstructor being too OP if you're able to get it before moonlord. I haven't looked at other options.

For the pre hardmode version you could make it give less materials than the full recipe (For example for a piece of armor that cost 20 ingots make it give 5) and maybe on top of coins require some other thing to be able to use it for example some loot from a boss or something.

for example for the crate potion it could have a 30% chance to give back an amber 30% to give back deathweed and like 25% for moonglow and 15% for the bottled water giving more chances for the items that are usually more desirable but still with significant chance to not get it for example for an item with 2 components you could give 60~70% to get the most desired item and 40~30% to get the other item. With items like armor you could have different chances to give back different amounts of bars.

You could make the chances very low at he beginning but add a slot to put something to increase the chances of success/increase the materials received so like earlygame would be like praying for it to work and at late game will be (almost) garanteed to get what you want

Last edited:
Well, we could also do something silly and give out lucky coins in a 1/10000 chance from any mob any where.
Or conversely, a 1/100 from randomly spawning Maneki Nekos in Pre-Hardmode Worlds. Come Hardmode they are replaced entirely with Biome based Makeni Bakanekos (they have two tails... and more).
The Lucky coins of which are needed to improve the reliability of 100% the materials you want to get back.

I hope you read my whole post. All changes I mentioned could apply to what i said.

I updated the mod to 0.2.0.1 so it works with tml v0.10.0.1 and v0.10 Thanks to jopo we managed to fix some cloning issues.
Making the mod multiplayer compatible is my next goal and I will realise it when I'm done with college in 3 weeks.
Thanks everyone.

I was thinking about a pre-hardmode version of the deconstructor, and came up with the idea of a time limit. It wouldn’t be too op if you could only use it once per in-game week, kind of like the enchanted sundial. That way you would have to choose wisely what you would deconstruct, because after you do so, you would have to wait 7 in game days to do it again.

Back
Top Bottom