OOC The Farlands OOC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to The Farland OOC thread. This roleplay is taking place in an olden medieval setting, with some exceptions allowing for non medieval things in it.

Map:
Untitled36_20191016212015.png

The thick lines seperating areas are where the areas meet. The caverns to the top left and the plains at the bottom have not got names. The mystery is, well, a mystery.

Where do I start?
You can start in any of the areas, excluding the mystery zone. These may influence who you encounter and character personality. (Overall, this is up to you however.)

I suggest starting in the caverns for mysterious appearance, forest for a semi strange start, desert for long treks, the village for many NPCs, the Cliffs if you need water, the plains if you want a general start, or finally the castle for some interesting monarchy uprising story...

What kind of characters do I use?
Ultimately, this is up to you, but a medieval theme is preferred, even mythology. I am trying out an idea to have a bias against old OCs. You must use a new character. (For any queries about this, or if you are desperate to use one that already exists, PM me. I'll work something out.)

Character form?
There is no character submission form. You just add them in when you want to join.

Great! Can we get started?
When I decide that it is time to create the IC, you may join whenever you want.

I have a question not covered here.
Feel free to contact me via PM, or just post here. I'll reply when I can.

Ok.

Well, I got a character ready, but I feel like you are going to forkbomb yourself. Since you are already running another RP.

Last edited:
Yeah but running multiple RPs probably going to overwhelm you sooner or later. Anyways, anything else about this RP you want to add or something?

I don't think there is much more, no.
I think I should be okay about the RP and not being overwhelmed, as right now I have heaps of stuff due, but in a week it will all sort out. Not sure about next year though.

in an attempt to keep this alive, I shall now talk about my character.
he was a Spirit Guardian. he used to have the light of the forest flowing through his veins, but he was kidnapped by a sorcerer who did all sorts of :red:ery to him, leaving him changed, drained, and without memory.
as with a lack of memory, comes sans name. without a name, he was made a mockery of when he was returned to the forest. eventually, he decided to leave, taking the long trek across the desert to the village seen in the map.
now, the light of the forest that once flowed through his very DNA is gone. but like all life forms, his body refused to die. it found a substitute, and a new light. this new light is known as "Hamon", which can basically be described as "sunlight LARPing as electricity" by people in the 21st century.
along with the substitute and the new light, he can also see the properties of an object if he focuses on it enough (such as gravity, momentum, element, weight, color, polarity, ect). if this ability can be used to manipulate properties, only time can answer. its yes, the answer is yes, the same goes for if there is any development potential in his list of abilities
he does have his weaknesses. the past is a delicate subject for him. on top of that, Mints of any kind (spearmint, peppermint, ect) are like a drug to him. literally. not only are they addictive to him, but they are also intoxicating to him.
note: the forest talked about in this character's backstory is not the same as the forest seen in the map.

Why are certain people so... Reluctant to join any RP I make? Like take Murph for example.
Is there some bias at play here? Is there some consensus that I can't rp?

No, it's mainly because Murph just doesn't like to join, it seems. Same thing happened with Planeswalk, as you probably noticed. I guess people just don't like jumping into RPs feet or head, depending on how you see that saying, first. Though I basically join every RP that I feel like I could be in without being utterly forkbombed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom