PC The Funniest Way to Die in Terraria

Oh boy, I've died so many times that I'd be here a while if I tried to recount them. However, some of the more silly ones include selecting the "Curse" option from the Old Man, not realizing it summoned Skeletron, falling to my death several times in the Corruption's various chasms before realizing how to make and equip a grappling hook, and getting my :red: blasted by Unicorns and Pixies in the Hallow when starting Hard Mode. Oh, and the Corruption's hardly the only place I've fell to my doom. On a side note, it also helps to make boss arenas below the spawn level of Wyverns. They aren't very helpful when trying to fight the Destroyer or any of it's buddies.

I fought the Expert Moon Lord with a farm and I unequipped wings for a combat accessory. When he died and dropped the bag, I dropped myself from the UFO mount for some reason. I forgot that I had my wings in the vanity slot.

SPLAT!

Last edited:
Me and two friends were playing on one of their worlds. This was right at the beginning of 1.3, so I didn't know about explosive traps. While digging, me and one of them were on level ground and the other was above. I saw the explosive trap, said "What's this do?" then activated it. It killed all three of us.

Me and two friends were playing on one of their worlds. This was right at the beginning of 1.3, so I didn't know about explosive traps. While digging, me and one of them were on level ground and the other was above. I saw the explosive trap, said "What's this do?" then activated it. It killed all three of us.
Lol

my friend was playing and he was in hardmode, he had very low health (like 3hp or something)and obsidian shield and a he was managing his inventory and a green slime hopped along and killed him. HA!:p

I've accidently HOIK'd myself into a pit of lava before. Was rather funny.. after being really pissed off, of coarse. I was carrying a lot of cash on me from spelunking..

I was purifying some Crimson and I was in a very dark tunnel, there wasn't any light. Then suddenly I woke up a Mimic, unfortunalety I couldn't even see it but he kept dealing damage so I simply choosed to flee. But... I wasn't be that good, I didn't know it was a Mimic, I deemed it a normal mob like a Crimslime. Of course it killed me and then I noticed it was a mimic. So, what happened afterwards? I really don't like failing, or dying that stupidly, it normally makes me nervous but not this time. I just smiled and "OMG that was a Mimic!" Then I continued to purifying work, with some funny memory :)

I was playing on a server with two of my friends and I had gotten into a pvp fight over who got the last heart crystal (there were an odd amount from caving) and while we were fighting the other one that wasn't originally involved turned on pvp, jumped off of our npc apartment, and started throwing grenades at me mid-air to sabotage my win. She and her grenades fell into a hole that she couldn't get out of. She died.

I think the classic 'jump off a high thing and then remember as you're falling that this is a new playthrough and fall damage is now back on the menu' , has caused a few deaths for me.

This. This always happens to me when I start a new character without fail. Was even my first death in my first expert world play through. Fighting the king slime cause slime rain is a thing now, forget there was a high drop off point in the desert I was fighting in, fell and almost died to it only to get nommed by a slime.

Happened to me at the beginning of 1.3 :p

As for my own funny death, after buying the Tinkerer's Workshop, I placed it down immediately so my 3 friends and I could make Spectre Boots and the like. When crafting I notice I can make Boulders. The logical thing to do was to make a boulder and place it on top of the Workshop. After I bored of standing there for a while, I decided to break the Workshop and take it home, thinking that boulders rolled right by default.

Note to self (and one of the friends I killed): Boulders roll to the left.

Started a new expert play through, blood moon the first night, died to a bunny that was let into my house earlier that day.

Moral of the story: Never trust a bunny!

One day I was playing with my friend who had completely no idea what he's doing. After the first night passed we went to a nearby cave to mine some ores for his armor, so he can survive.

When we descended to cave biome level I say "Watch out for traps, there's a lot of them scattered underground"

As soon as I hit enter to say that he triggers a dart trap and gets hit, then in panic he steps on another and dies by a boulder.

We have a lot of work to do... :sigh:

this was not me, but some friends of mine were playing and this is what happened:
Friend 1: (insert stupid joke here)
Friend 2: ...
Friend 1: your not laughing
Friend 2: it wasn't funny. it would be funny if you died.
Friend 1: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Console: (insert player name here) didn't bounce.
or something like that, i wasn't there.

Here's another one: I was playing the Isle of Voices map when I shot a holy arrow. The falling star, in a one in a million chance, happened to hit a Larva. I was killed by Queen Bee a few times before I quit.

One night when I was in Pre-Hardmode (console), I fought Skeletron with grenades. I killed my self by explosion, while his head was about at half health. I was so close to just swallowing my controller whole.

Last edited:
Have you tried the be killed by the Inferno Potion's effect on PvP, if you do, the death message would should whatever the killer is holding.

So, you could get someone killed by any in-game items.

But one time I was fighting Duke Fishron, and both me and fishron died. (softcore)

I had a similar story when fighting the expert Skeletron.

Back
Top Bottom