IC The Hunt for the Singularity.

<<You responded before the Ocular did, despite us being closer to their space. Further to that, for some reason that ship seemed to throw away it's engine, and then one creature took it and went through that portal with it.>>

<<We we’re already in the area. And a detaching engine..? That’s interesting, though how that would be practical is up for debate. Seems to have worked in the favor of this unknown ship this time, though.>>

For some reason the Biosynth vessel wouldn't receive a response for nearly a minute, after which a different voice would come over the radio.
<<Please confirm, your vessel is a Biosynth vessel?>>

<<Stand by.>>
And about three seconds after that transmission, the SINV Grayfin would decloak directly aft of the Biosynth vessel, and then another new voice would come over the radio.

<<This is Eilx Vyrz. We have a standing order to search all Biosynth vessels in the vicinity of our space to ensure they are not harbouring criminals, traitors, or deserters. Please surrender your vessel immediately, or we will be forced to open fire.>>

<<Stand by.>>
And about three seconds after that transmission, the SINV Grayfin would decloak directly aft of the Biosynth vessel, and then another new voice would come over the radio.

<<This is Eilx Vyrz. We have a standing order to search all Biosynth vessels in the vicinity of our space to ensure they are not harbouring criminals, traitors, or deserters. Please surrender your vessel immediately, or we will be forced to open fire.>>
*Many of the Rototurrets on the Splitspear rotate to face the Grayfin, and the rest point towards Matchstick. A new voice can now be heard.*
<<This is captain of the Splitspear III, and we will be doing no such thing.>>
“I think it’s time to alert the pilots.”

*A messenger onboard is now making their way to the port hangar, where two dozen Biosynth fighters are sitting. The pilots were in various stages of unready, so it’ll take two posts before the fighters are ready to be deployed.*

In response the Matchstick cloaks, and that's all the Splitspear could detect.
However, the Matchstick would then drop mines and move under and slightly aft of the Splitspear, before changing orientation to face towards the Splitspear, ready to fire torpedoes if it has to.
Another message would then be sent to the Biosynth vessel.

<<Failure to comply will result in you forfeiting any rights to the lives of your crew, leaving it up to our sole discretion whether or not we rescue them, or execute them. Now, I may not be a captain, but I hope I have spent enough time with them to understand that most reasonable captains value the lives of their crew. So tell me, are you reasonable?>>

<<All of your crew are to stay exactly where they are, and all weapons are to be secured as to not be aimed or fired. Your ships defences and main propulsion must be taken offline. One of our ships will then proceed to dock with yours, while the other will remain cloaked nearby to deal with any possible threats.>>

“Shields and main propulsion, got it…”
*There aren’t really many visible changes. All that’s noticeable is that the thrusters at the back of the ship are getting dimmer.*
<<…We’re probably going to be here a while.>>

((We might want to do a timeskip at some point, because the Splitspear is ~60,000 meters long and it’d take ages to go through the whole ship (plus I haven’t decided on an exact layout yet).))

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom