IC The Island

Status
Not open for further replies.
Azaka Shango

"Since Platinum and I were the ones carrying the load I think it only fair that we don't get assigned first watch. I'm not sure I wouldn't fall asleep at this point." Azaka did his part to help set up camp.

jHmAthQ.png

After the group left, Francis stands to stare after them for a good few seconds, then shakes his head. It was obvious they walked a dangerous path since they were all armed and ready to fight. For some reason, the party of people reminded Francis of his crewmates on the Leaky Teacup. The thought suddenly brought a wave of nostalgia, regret, and shame upon Francis, so he pushed it out of his mind.
"I keep wondering your role in all this," Francis said to the farmer as he spread the ashes of the fire around, "Though I've outlived my welcome here. I bid you farewell." He stretched, gathered up his belongings and left the farmer's territory, sitting on the ground for a few minutes as he wondered what his next step should be. After a few minutes, he decides to follow the same path as the party, and he [horribly inaccurately] decides that it had been at least two hours since the party left, so he set out on the road. Francis walked until the sun had gone down completely or when his darkvision was of no more use to him, at which he did his best to set up camp.

Kae.png

-Kae-
"Yeah, we should probably get moving. At least if we think we can get anywhere. I imagine Zi and Tear are fine, especially if they're near each other. Um, not that i'd know, I only met them for like a day."

-- Scott --

Upon hearing Ara's interjection Scott considered if waiting here was the best option. In the end he decided it was due to the fact he could use this time to get to know his companions. "Well if waiting here is an option I vote for that. We can even continue or conversation from before you two arrived. Why are you headed to the temple? We got money and improving magical ability." He said aiming the question to Regnial and Kaz.

Last edited:
cCWrz8W.png
"Well, money aside, I have always wanted to explore one of the ancient temples on this Island. For all you know, one of them might hold the secret as to why we ended up here to begin with. Sometimes I wonder how my family and friends are doing back home." Regnil figured he shouldn't worry too much and changed the subject. "Temples tend to have treasure right? I wouldn't mind grabbing a souvenir while we're in there." He felt that waiting may make it harder to catch up with the others. "I don't see why we couldn't continue the conversation on foot. Unless any of you aren't in condition to travel for now."

-Kaz-
"I'm ready to go, just lead the way" Kaz said, walking over to Scott, "I'm here to look for anything to help me kill Khazhra. I've also been in an ancient temple twice before and felt that my experience may be needed, plus it would be something to do while thinking about.... things"

-- Scott --

"From what I recall only Ara is hurt although not enough that I would say she isn't in a condition to travel. Well then Regnial lead the way as you seem to be the only one that has an idea what direction you were headed." Scott said to the group answer both Regnil's and Kae's questions.

"So we have money, improving ones magic, exploration, and to find a way to kill a god. I'd say the most interesting is finding a way to kill a god. So what exactly did this Khazhra do for you to want him dead. Not like people try to kill god's on a whim." Scott said as they got moving. Unless your like me, then perhaps you would go after a god for no other reason than entertainment.

-Kaz-
"He betrayed me. When I needed his gift more than ever, he took or sealed them, leaving me to bleed to death with no lifeline left. That was six months before I woke up on the beach for the second time." Kaz said, pausing to yawn, "And Khazhra isn't the only God I'm after. A friend is stuck under the commands and whims of Raphiel, a God that is using corruption I caused as a shackle on my friend's life. He is a secondary target, only because my friend asked me not to try anything to free him."

c3Nn8Y0.png
Ruby

"Excellent," he said, relieved to have someone with him that had some experience of the oasis. "So, presently we are looking for Kadiev, or the caravan he is part of, they are supposedly at this oasis somewhere, you might have heard of them?"

((To be honest I'm not sure how to roleplay restocking supplies, water and finding an inn, so I suggest we sort-of-skip it like when Acies shopped in Fortune. I also don't think going shopping is an interesting roleplaying situation.

Charisma (Persuasion) is +5 for Ruby.
Shopping list:
Enough water to fill one barrel
60 lbs of feed
20 rations
1 scroll case
1 map of the badlands
Inn rooms for Ruby and Uhlsrar, as well as a place to keep the donkey

If you want me to calculate total cost I need the price for the water, the map, and the inn stay. I assume Teresa already has a place to stay.))

-- Scott --

"You sure have bad luck with gods. Also betrayal? It's an understandable reason to try and kill a god. Although personally I'm not one for revenge, such a waste of time going out of your way to kill someone." Scott said to the group as the walked. As a way to keep everyone in the conversation he decided to ask them their thought. "What about you guys? Thing revenge is a waste of time?"

cCWrz8W.png
Regnil recalled his vengeful thoughts towards the Crystal Throne, the Wraith Lords, and some of his adversaries from before The Island. "I guess it depends what you're fighting for. I'd prefer if there weren't conflict, but that isn't the easiest thing to avoid." He looked to Scott. "How about you? Why do you feel the need to go to this temple?"

-- Scott --

Scott decided while lying about the reason would be amusing it just wouldn't be worth braking the little trust they had in him. "Why I feel the need to go to the temple? Well I have no strong feelings in that regard as I only just learnt of the temple. Why I joined you? To go on an adventure of course." Scott said simply despite the fact his reason was perhaps more mundane than money. "You see I love going out their. So much fun things in the world to experience. Like fighting, be it a win or lose as both are a unique experience, meeting new people and getting to know them, achieving great things and therefore fame, experiencing loss or heartbreak, and of course making allies, friends are such wonderful things to have. So many entertaining things to do to pass the time." Scott said to the group.

"Now were where we? Revenge yes." He said before looking over to Kae. "You said it was bad for the soul. Could you perhaps elaborate I don't quite get what you mean."

-- Scott --

"I do see your point. I can't come up with any situation in which hate isn't present when seeking revenge. Yet to say hate is never good may be overselling it. Hate is just another emotion that drives people to go out their and change something," Scott said before after thing over what Kae had said. "Now shor-- Kae since your against revenge what would you do in Kaz's shoes? Having been betrayed by the god that you... Loved?" The last word was more a question than statement as Scott didn't know how Kaz saw the god before the betrayal. He looking over to Kaz for any hint if he was right or wrong about him loving the god before his betrayal.

-- Uhlsrar --

The drow didn't quite understand why Teresa seemed a little unhappy with the arrangements. After all not only would she be able to get out Ruby would attempt to convince Naza'arim to also reward her. He couldn't find a downside yet her reaction suggested their was. Of course he didn't bother doing anything about it as he quietly followed behind helping find the items they needed.

-Kaz-
"Yeah, I llllllllllloooooved Khazhra" Kaz said, his words practically dripping with sarcasm, his face full of disgust. "I had neither love, nor hate, for Khazhra. I'm not sure why, but Khazhra never asked me for anything as payment for his gifts. The reason I seek revenge so seriously is because Khazhra never spoke to me directly, without the use of one of his avatars, before letting me bleed slowly to death in a barren wasteland. Also, Kae, hate is a good emotion. Without it we couldn't know or understand love or sadness. That and I'm sure Khazhra has been messing with me my entire life. My only friend and mentor was killed by giant insects, way before I gained the ability to talk to insects and met Khazhra."

Last edited:
nbbBLlk.png
Ara hid her wounds again nervously as they were mentioned; they were very minor, nothing that would hold her back and she did not want to hold everyone else back. "I... I don't think hate is a good thing. You can use it, get what you want with it, but it is still not good. Other methods should be used first, ...before ever turning to hate." The last few words she mumbled, then looked up to the sky, losing focus on the conversation of gods and revenge as they walked.

..... Regnil, (presumably) leading the way would eventually notice after an hour or so that the randomly placed rocks would have strange markings on them. It seemed weird, since they were placed about and in the dirt how rocks would normally be placed within the jungle, but as he was trying to find tracks along the way noticed this strange phenomenon. The symbol appeared to be that of a swirl? a sun? it was hard to tell as the markings were faint and not deeply engraved into the stones or miscolored from the rest of the rock. Boulders, pebbles, all had this marking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom