Weapons & Equip The Lightshot, a Hallowed Gun

HeroGabe

Golem
So, we know how the Hallow has only repeaters, but, still, if the spirits of Dark seem to have perfected it, why not have the spirits of Light try something different.
Behold, the Lightshot, a gun that is a hybrid of magic and ranged, with ranged being dominant in it. Now, why would this gun exist? Well, it grants bullets 15 bounces, and bullets pierce twice, it fires them in 5 to 10 bullets per burst, but there's a downside...

The Downside: It is, while quite amazing, the problem with it is that is uses 20 mana, and takes up 10 bullets at a time, but not all of them fire at once, some are obliterated, and even more, the gun itself has to go into a second phase, in which it cools itself down from the heat generated by the bullets propelled by mana.

Stats:
Type Weapon
Damage 28
Knockback 1
Max stack 1
Velocity 10
Critical chance 50%
Rarity Red
Use time 21 (Fast)
Tooltip 'Shadows seem to vanish in a bullet's presence'
50% chance to consume twice as much ammo, 5% chance to not consume ammo
Sell 14
Gold_Coin.png

Crafting Recipe: 1 Illegal Gun Parts, 180 Crystal Shards, 50 Cobalt/Palladium Ore (any), 25 Souls of Light

What do you think?

Last edited:
6 platinum 25 gold? I'm never getting this weapon, basides the fact its confusing and the recipe is extremely grindy anyways.

I feel like their is way too much going on for this gun. After all, it consumes a large amount of mana in a fairly short time, and it also has a "cooldown" mode. I feel as if the mana shouldn't really be necessary, and it should just be a plain ranged weapon. Also, the gun shouldn't use 10 bullets at a time - all guns currently only consume one bullet, so why should this. Along with this, the gun has a 50% chance to consume twice the ammo. I feel that that would be a unique stat for a gun, however, only if it shoots one bullet. If it remained at 10, half of the time it would be consuming 20 bullets, which seems like a lot, even though they pierce twice.

DPS for Uzi, Megashark, and "The Lightshot" using base damage:
FORMULA USED: (Damage) / (Use Time / 60)
Uzi DPS: 225
Megashark DPS: 230
The Lightshot DPS: 300

Ammo consumption in 10 seconds (Bonus stats are assuming that the bonus takes effect exactly that percentage of the shots manageable):
FORMULA USED (NO BONUS): (1 / [Use Time / 60]) * Ammo Per Shot * 10
Uzi: 75
Megashark: 100 (With bonus: 75)
The Lightshot: ~290 (With "bonus": ~430) Rounded due to 10-20 bullets per shot

As you can see, the gun is not really balanced. For now, I'd recommend making the recipe cheaper, and reducing damage or increasing fire rate time, and removing the 10 bullets per shot thing. I do like the idea of a CaR upgrade, but no support for now, however, I would like to see something of this sort in game.

EDIT: Ninja'd by poster, removed concerned areas.

Back
Top Bottom