NPCs & Enemies The Lihzahrd Invasion

Leinfors

Quality Assurance
Re-Logic
Finally was convinced to transplant this from TO . . . its been neglected too long. I realize I need to edit the white blocks behind the sprites. I'll do it when time permits! For now, its just a direct cross-post from the original thread here: http://www.terrariaonline.com/threads/lihzahrd-invasion.151075/

Recently been thinking about the Lihzahrd species, having seen some other decent suggestions involving them, and it came to me that they might make for an excellent post-Golem invasion! So, without any further delay, allow me to begin!

Lihzahrd Invasion

This would be the third true invasion in the game, after Goblin and Pirate (we all know Frost Legion doesn't count). It would be balanced accordingly, as a post-Golem event. After the Golem has been defeated the first time, the Lihzahrd army will begin approaching over the course of 5 in game days, each morning giving a notification of how many days remain. After that invasion occurs, the invasion becomes a random event ala Goblin and Pirate Invasions. Furthermore, it could be summoned using an item crafted from Energy Cells, called a Lihzahrd Beacon.

(Thanks to TerrariamcSwaggins for cleaning up the transparency on half my sprites!!!)

Possible Invasion Enemies

Lihzahrd (standard)
400 HP
Damage: 38/60 (feral)
Defense: 20/30 (feral)
The generic foot soldier of the Lihzahrd army, they function the same as they do in the Temple.

6jjdd5.png

Flying Serpent
200 HP (first form)/300 HP (second form)

Damage: 85
Defense: 30/36
What Lihzahrd invasion would be complete without the Flying Snakes of the Temple? But these are no ordinary Flying Snakes, nooo. When you kill these for the first time, they lose their wings and turn into Worm AI enemies who will then burrow through your fortifications. Basically, they are like a Slimer, except they turn into Worms AI, not Slime AI.

15dnpqd.png

Lihzahrd Guardian
1000 HP

Damage: 50/75 (feral)
Defense: 30/40 (feral)
Elite troopers of the Lihzahrd army, they are stronger melee units. Like standard Lihzahrds, they go into a feral rage at half health, running faster and gaining damage, defense, and resistance to knock back.

256e0ip.png

Lihzahrd Spear Guardian
800 HP

Damage: 40/75 (feral)
Defense: 26/40 (feral)
Elite ranged soldiers, these throw spears from a distance (think Goblin Archers). More disciplined than standard Lihzahrds, they do not enter a rage until they are at 1/4th health, whereupon they act like standard Lihzahrd Guardians in rage.

11ioc54.png

Lihzahrd Shaman
200 HP (spirit form)/300 HP (second form)

Damage: 90 (spirit form)/45 (second form)/60 (feral)
Defense: 34 (spirit form)/10 (feral)
Expert spiritualists, these Lihzahrds have entered non-corporeal form and function on Wraith AI, floating through walls. Upon taking 200 damage, their mask breaks and they fall out of the spiritual plane and function as more or less normal Lihzahrds with less health/defense and slightly higher damage.

nv9wqp.png

Lihzahrd Watcher
500 HP

Damage: 55/70 (feral)
Defense: 15/30 (feral)
Teleporting assault troopers, these enemies teleport through walls (think Goblin Sorcerers) and assault with a fast firing Heat Ray. Upon reaching half health, they feral like other Lihzahrds, but continue to teleport to reach the player, much like Chaos Elementals do.

sdfbxg.png

Zardoz
2000 HP

Damage: 60
Defense: 30
A miniature floating golem head, it flies around and shoots the characteristic wallhacking eye lasers. Firing rate increases as health approaches zero.

index.php
index.php

Lihzahrd General
1500 HP (first form)/ 2000 HP (second form)

Unicorn AI (first form) Fighter AI (second form)
Damage:
First form: 100
Second form: 80 (contact damage), 55 (Stynger damage), 110 (feral)
Defense: 34 (mounted)/30 (on foot)/44 (feral)
An uncommon Lihzahrd commander, he rides in on a velociraptor, using Unicorn AI.
efs0pd.png

After taking 1500 damage, his raptor dies, and he continues to attack on foot, using very fast modified Fighter AI. He also wields a Stynger, which he stops to fire occasionally. Like other Lihzahrds, he enters feral mode at 500 health, becoming the most ferocious opponent faced on the field, a fast moving, knockback resistant, high damage beast.

Drops:
golem_staff-png.114642
(sprite provided by Blitzfan!)
Golem Staff - Summons a mini-Golem head to fight for you.
Damage: 40
Minion AI: Flying projectile class, shoots enemy piercing eye beams
A mockup of what they may look like:
index.php

Lihzahrd Javelin

Damage: 70
Speed: 15
Description: Medium length spear, shoots a single piercing projectile spear out each swing that also deals 70 damage.

index.php

The Gun
Has a 1% chance to drop from Zardoz.
Damage: 40 x3 (fires 3 round burst like Clockwork Assault Rifle)
Speed: 10
Only consumes 1 round per burst.
Tooltip: "The Gun is good."

Curious Device - Accessory

Upon taking damage, player reactively drops 2 Lihzahrd spiky balls that last for ten seconds. These do not hurt the player. Can be tinkered with the Star Veil and/or Cross Necklace?

Lihzahrd Totem - Accessory

Turns the wearer into a Lihzahrd. Grants the wearer increased damage, attack speed, movement speed and defense which rises as their health falls.

index.php

Witch Doctor Voodoo Doll
Tooltip: "I wouldn't even try it."
When equipped, any damage done to the Witch Doctor is done to you. You didn't think you could out voodoo a witch doctor, could you?

index.php

Double Pygmy
Tooltip: "Pyg-ception"
Recipe: Pygmy Necklace + Witch Doctor Voodoo Doll
Increases users maximum number of minions by 2.

index.php

Raptor Talon
Summons a Raptor mount
Info: High speed and acceleration, high jump height and speed, but no flight.

28b5f8h.png
index.php
(sprites provided by Corenality!)
Lihzahrd Garb
A basic Lihzahrd outfit, dropped rarely by all but the Zardoz and Flying Serpent.

Lihzahrd Traps
- All Lihzhard mobs in the invasion except the Flying Snake have a low chance to drop assorted Lihzahrd traps.

Also, banners!
index.php

!!Bonus!!

index.php

Bag of Spikyballs - Accessory
Tooltip - Don't put them in your pocket.
Upon taking damage, player reactively drops 1 Goblin Spiky Ball that lasts for 10 seconds. This does not hurt the player.
Has a 0.5% chance of dropping from members of the Goblin Invasion.

Last edited:
Since when do mods make suggestions

It's a good idea. The fact that pirate invasions get as easy as goblin invasions when you get post-golem stuff, it only seems fitting to have another invasion event placed there.
+1

(the crossed out thing was a joke, don't be offended .-.)

Truth of the matter is that this suggestion was before I was a mod! But also, my banner has been toting a suggestion since the forums came out, and no one had anything to say about it either (jokes or otherwise! ;))

One of my design intentions with this invasion was to make it into a "bunker buster". The Goblin Invasion took light steps towards this, with the teleporting/wall-hacking Goblin Sorcerer.

This one offers a quadruple threat:
- Wraith AI phasing
- Teleporter/Chaos Elemental Blinking
- Worm AI burrowing
- Wall-hacking projectiles

These in combination mean that you can't "hide in a base" to avoid these guys, though I'm sure creative individuals could get around most of it (a very small box 10 blocks off the ground would get you out of everything but the Zardoz blasts, but then, how well can you fight?). It also has two flying units as well as four ranged units, but due to the Feral trait, there will be PLENTY of melee units as well. Well rounded was my intention here, and I still think I've done a pretty good job there.

I really like the mob versatility. It seems wise to go beyond a simple Frenzy at low HP. I also really like the idea of a proper Hypermode accessory with the introduction of the Lihzahrd Totem. Berserker's Emblem when?

Such an old school movie reference though, 10/10. Surely there will be an Eternal clothing vanity? Though you might want to skip Zed's suit. ;)

It seems wise to go beyond a simple Frenzy at low HP.

I tried to mix things up by having some of them only Frenzy at very low thresholds (Spear Guardians), or the Watcher going into a tele-spam Frenzy. The General and Shaman actually have THREE phases, so the proportion of time they spend in Frenzy is lower than normal. And of course, Zardoz and the Flying Snake don't Frenzy at all. But what did you have in mind?

Such an old school movie reference though, 10/10. Surely there will be an Eternal clothing vanity? Though you might want to skip Zed's suit. ;)

I have absolutely no expectations of that stuff being added to the game, but it made me chuckle too much to not add it. Makes me happy every time someone gets it. :happy:

I was trying to say that you did well to give them some interesting stages and diversified abilities, instead of settling for frenzy effects only.

Ah, I was wondering when this would make it's way over here!

So, essentially the Lihzahrd Javelin has the same functionality as the Chlorophyte Partisan? Or does it have a different ability that sets it apart. Also, I believe the word you are looking for is "thrust" not "swing" ;)

Ah, I was wondering when this would make it's way over here!

So, essentially the Lihzahrd Javelin has the same functionality as the Chlorophyte Partisan? Or does it have a different ability that sets it apart. Also, I believe the word you are looking for is "thrust" not "swing" ;)

2lblwgi.png

This is you. (sorry folks, its an in joke between us)

The Javelin, in theory, functions more like the North Pole with no snow flakes really. It just launches a piercing, one-hit per enemy projectile that looks identical to the weapon being thrust/swung.

Last edited:
So if you're a mod and you're making a suggestion.... Do you have the ear of the developers? Is this a possible future inclusion?

Where the lizhard came from? Because the temple is underground :D

Why, they come out of the Jungle! Surely an advanced civilization can crawl out of the Underground.

So if you're a mod and you're making a suggestion.... Do you have the ear of the developers? Is this a possible future inclusion?

This is, as far as I am aware, still nothing more than a regular suggestion. I'd love to see it in the game, but its not getting any special privileges I know of. That said, every suggestion I've made was from before I was a mod, and I'm just transposting a few here because they were popular on TO.

support level

999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999/10

Poor Frost Legion. It doesn't even count as a fraction of an invasion. It simply ceases to register. :p
Seriously, i think a bunch of snowmen trying to kill you is more like something from Calvin and Hobbes than anything near an invasion. (please someone get what im talking about) It's simply snowmen that came out of a snow globe and want to murder you not an organized invasion...

Back
Top Bottom