Have you seen one of these before?

• Yes

Votes: 42 93.3%
  • No

Votes: 3 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've heard of her and read about her on the wiki but after 230+ hours I've never seen her once in-game. So much for ever getting all banners :p

At the beginning of the 1.2 update, I found one quite soon I reached hardmode.

I :redspin: my pants when she started attacking me, but my Demon Scythe finished her off quite easily.
...And she droppped the Nymph banner.

Of course I didn't know she was a rare mob and I thrash'd the banner. I still cry myself to sleep.

I love the Nymph! Nothing like a rare NPC to give a new player a taste of the game's sometimes harsh difficulty. It definitely got me the first time I saw it...

I love the Nymph! Nothing like a rare NPC to give a new player a taste of the game's sometimes harsh difficulty. It definitely got me the first time I saw it...

The problem is that it is SO rare that one could go an entire playthought up to the Moon Events/FISHRON and not ever see her at all :/

The fact that in post-GOLEM there is little to no reason to go Underground ever again doesnt helps one bit...

I recall carrying around green torches (don't ask why) when I first encountered a nymph. I was really confused on why a dryad was attacking me.

I first saw the lost girl as a nymph, actually. I got close without noticing I'm guessing, but I was already quite late in hardmode.

Not that hard to kill IMO, halfway through preHM (Eye, Brain, and KingSlime down), in Meteor armor. Have found several, spacegunned to death.

not only have i encountered a lot of them i have found 2 at once
2014-11-14_00002.jpg

My last encounter with the nymph:

"Leinfors, found a Nymph!"
half a second later:
Deva was split down the middle by Nymph
My death was avenged though!

My reaction to seeing the Lost Girl for the first time?

"... Hot."

My reaction when I walked to her and she became a Nymph?

"... Hot." *Shoots her to gibs.*

Nowadays, whenever I see one, I can't help but shout "Nymph! Torches off, everyone!" :dryadwink:

I've seen it several times across various playthroughs. The 1st time I saw it I was pretty skeptical about it for some reason and I was right to be. Somehow I'm able to make a strategy to beat it each time even when I just have a wooden sword and wood armor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom