Mobile The Path Ahead: Major News Updates for Console & Mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't done it myself yet as I'm in the same boat as you (I'm also on 360), but from what I've read you simply select an empty character/world slot and then press the trigger to download your uploaded character/world.
BTW it was the LEFT trigger, not right trigger. My bad :p

Ok well I'll just have to fiddle around with it when I get my xb1, thanks for the help :)

Hey guys, I can confirm this works with the latest update. Like you said, upload from the 360, select a character slot on the One, and download from the cloud. Repeat the steps for the world you want downloaded. If you have 2 or more of either a character or player, you will need to upload and download them 1 by 1.

guys, I can confirm this works with the latest update. Like you said, upload from the 360, select a character slot on the One, and download from the cloud. Repeat the steps for the world you want downloaded. If you have 2 or more of either a character or player, you will need to upload and download them 1 by 1.

Thanks for the help, I'll keep this in mind when switching to Xbox one.

For clarity, Engine did the Wii U port (as it runs on the console base code), codeglue did the 3DS (mobile base code). Both are fine ports in and of themselves. Ports that can hopefully squeeze a bit more in before maxing out.

The 3DS' limitations are pretty obvious - I'm less versed in Wii U (even though my kids have one) and the vagaries of how Terraria runs on it. Will have to chat with 505 and see what's up.

I see all this stuff saying the 3ds version has more than the Vita. Even the New 3ds is still way behind the Vita in overall specs so how can they make it like the Vita cant handle anything else?

(Heck they dont even use the added power of the New 3ds)

Even if someone knows nothing about Ram,specs,or whatever, you still have to see that that makes no sense.

Im not talking about the full 1.3 on Vita, but it seems like it could handle what the 3ds has.

Two different codebases.

Mobile codebase = 3DS
Console codebase = Vita

That's just for starters...and there are definite differences between the two that any simple side by side comparison would show. Also pretty sure vita has everything through 1.2.4 whereas 3DS is an amalgamation of various 1.2.X content and a couple of 1.3 QOL bits.

So, no, it's not as simple as some are making it out to be at all.

Oh calm down. So the developers are leaving you with a somewhat stable 1.2.4. Is a buggy, maybe even nonfunctional 1.3 better than that? Yeah I didn't think so. It's not the end of the world.
I have been waiting for 1.3 since I saw it and now to know I'm not getting it my favorite game went to my least favorite game in a matter of seconds. ;(

I have been waiting for 1.3 since I saw it and now to know I'm not getting it my favorite game went to my least favorite game in a matter of seconds. ;(
That doesn't make sense. All the features you enjoyed beforehand aren't just going to disappear.

If you had no interest in anything below 1.3 then you wouldn't have purchased an earlier version. You have a good version of Terraria that'll soon have much fewer bugs. Saying that you should get any sort of compensation for that is ridiculous.

That doesn't make sense. All the features you enjoyed beforehand aren't just going to disappear.

If you had no interest in anything below 1.3 then you wouldn't have purchased an earlier version. You have a good version of Terraria that'll soon have much fewer bugs. Saying that you should get any sort of compensation for that is ridiculous.
I got the game originally because it was cheep and I played the demo and liked it but, then seeing 1.3 the biggest update to come to Terraria. I waited patiently, then just to find out I'm never going to play past 1.13 it hurts.:sigh:;(

I got the game originally because it was cheep and I played the demo and liked it but, then seeing 1.3 the best biggest to come to Terraria update I waited patiently. Then just to find out I'm never going to play past 1.13 it hurts.:sigh:;(
Yeah I know, it's a disappointment.

Here's the thing though. Based on your wording I'm assuming that you hadn't seen 1.3 when you purchased it. There would have been no "I expect to get this much content on this at a later time" (which is an argument I don't agree with). Besides, you enjoyed it up until that point. You got your money's worth I'd say.

It's understandable on why you guys are cutting off support on older consoles. But people like me are still using it (Using 360). The least you guys can do is keep updating it in terms of bug fixes. It would be nice if you guys allowed us older users to get a discount or give it out free. But again it's sucks but it's understandable. Thank you guys so much!!

I see all this stuff saying the 3ds version has more than the Vita. Even the New 3ds is still way behind the Vita in overall specs so how can they make it like the Vita cant handle anything else?

(Heck they dont even use the added power of the New 3ds)

Even if someone knows nothing about Ram,specs,or whatever, you still have to see that that makes no sense.

Im not talking about the full 1.3 on Vita, but it seems like it could handle what the 3ds has.

As Loki explained, its because 3DS runs the "mobile" version of the game while PSVita basically runs a console version. If you've played both of them side by side, you'd see a tremendous difference in quality and performance . . . a lot of short-cuts and quality reductions were made from the start to get the Mobile version to function as is does, and the two aren't interchangeable. Its also likely impossible to "downgrade" PSVita to that level at this point, not to mention, it would be very poorly received, as the game would suddenly look a lot less pretty and perform differently.

Thus, in terms of updates, the PSVita version has to perform with the same/similar version as Xbox 360/PS3, while the 3DS has to perform at a (very significantly toned down) Mobile version.

If thats true then i get it. I was just pretty sure a while back they were saying it was a combo of both mobile and console. I have no idea its just what i read on the 3ds posts when they were waiting on the patch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom