Mobile The Path Ahead: Major News Updates for Console & Mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.
As someone who HAS played 1.3 on PC I can say that there's a lot that goes on in game. It's no surprise that they couldn't make it to 1.3 on old gen consoles.

I'm angry at 505 Games but I'm sure my opinion doesn't matter because I'm a poor 360 user.
This decision wasn't based on opinions or your financial state, it was based on reality and facts. Read the first post in the thread for the explanations as to why last-gen consoles are stopping at 1.2.4. I know there are a lot of words there, but we DID try to make our reasoning clear.

I get you Tunnel King. I knew we were reaching our limits during the Additions Update for 1.2.3. I'm happy we did get as far as 1.2.4 though. At least I can do fishing quests. Fight the Duke, wear my custom set up armor for Vanity and such. In my opinion Engine did the best they could.

OMG!!!!!

terraria mobile will also upgraded to 1.3 AMMMMMMAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIZZZZZZIIIIIIING

in the next school year i will never bored myself cuz i know the new update for the phone will come XD

and also WELCOME PIPEWORKS STUDIOS!!! XD XD XD XD XD XD XD

I love it how people keep saying they're not getting 1.3 on the old gens and assume the game no longer exists.

Let me get this straight, would you rather get a stable 1.2.4 or an extremely buggy 1.3 that might lag every second? If 1.3 was released, you all would come here and whine about the game being broken and stuff.

The consoles are already around what, a decade old? Time to move on if you want 1.3 or most other games.

Oohhhhh Yessssssss xD
Thanks!
[doublepost=1469585031,1469584948][/doublepost]
I love it how people keep saying they're not getting 1.3 on the old gens and assume the game no longer exists.

Let me get this straight, would you rather get a stable 1.2.4 or an extremely buggy 1.3 that might lag every second? If 1.3 was released, you all would come here and whine about the game being broken and stuff.

The consoles are already around what, a decade old? Time to move on if you want 1.3 or most other games.
GOOD POINT!!!:D

Now that 1.3 is coming, why is 1.2.4 suddenly terrible? People loved Terraria long before even 1.1 came out. I don't get why people are so strongly against the game just because their console can't get 1.3, especially the Vita and 3DS players. Nothing is getting taken away from the game.
Is not about 1.2.4 being bad. Now that we have it, I've gone back to Terraria in a big way. But, knowing that's it, no more, is saddening.

Games like this and Minecraft that constantly update are like a perpetual Christmas morning and they've just found out that they will have to upgrade consoles to get the next set of presents.

Inevitable or not, I respect their feelings. I know it has to suck.

So much news! 1.3 for current gen, everyone will be excited! Welcome to the community Pipeworks :) I'm sure everyone is glad for the update! :)
not sincerely everyone happy we old gen should at least have a part of the update at least, but of course thats only my opnion,anyway,continue the modded playthroughts!:)

YAAAAAHOOOOOOO!!!!!!! 1.3 coming to Mobile, now that is what I wanted to hear! Too bad we have to wait over 6 months for it, but who cares? I think I shall be content to playing 1.3.2.1 on PC for now. "Boris is throwing a party!" :dryadtongue:

As far as phones/mobile go, you shouldn't have to buy it again for the same platform stream (Android/iOS/Amazon).

What about Windows Phone? It seems this platform is always left out of the discussion. I know the user base is probably small, but I have a phone with 2GB ram and the game still crashes. I play anyway because I really like the game. Will it continue to get the updates as it was not mentioned anywhere so far???

PS Will mod support and a creative mod be supported on current generation consoles if they make it in the PC version??

@Loki No, 505 never said specifically that they'd do this or that, but when people asked about these missing core features, they have always maintained the 'we'll see what we can do in the future', or 'they [these features] are still on the table' or whatever. They didn't outright say 'this isn't going to be possible on the 3DS'. They would have known then and there if it was possible or not. They wanted the sales.

What else could they say if they didn't get know the feasibility via a full investigation - such as what clearly took place here with old gen? They said that they would look into it and get back to everyone on it. Again, where in this thread did they say that none of that was happening? To be honest, I'm not even sure why you are ranting about this stuff here since 3DS wasn't even really covered all that much?

I mean it's no stretch of the imagination to see that if 512mb phones and consoles cannot run 1.3, then it would seem pretty out there to assume even the 256mb N3DS could. That's all I see anyone talking about. Maybe I am missing something here?

As @Leinfors made note, why spend the time and money (and these updates and fixes are not free, cost-wise of course) if 505 Games was just about "take the money and run". I'm sure we could all cite plenty of better examples of that dynamic from the annals of gaming than this one.

Now that 1.3 is coming, why is 1.2.4 suddenly terrible? People loved Terraria long before even 1.1 came out. I don't get why people are so strongly against the game just because their console can't get 1.3, especially the Vita and 3DS players. Nothing is getting taken away from the game.

A thousand times over, this - well said. If 1.3 didn't exist, would that suddenly make 1.2.4 better? It would still be the same 1.2.4 awesomeness we all knew and loved.

I look at my kids as an example. All they know is that they love playing Terraria on 3DS and mobile (Console will be next if they cannot handle PC). They don't angst over what the game is NOT, they enjoy and celebrate it for what it IS. At one point, we all felt that way....food for thought.

Last edited:
What about Windows Phone? It seems this platform is always left out of the discussion. I know the user base is probably small, but I have a phone with 2GB ram and the game still crashes. I play anyway because I really like the game. Will it continue to get the updates as it was not mentioned anywhere so far???

It was an honest mistake on my part to omit Windows Phone, I've corrected that in my previous post. Although, I have no information either way about the future of the platform.

Now, the main thing I am hoping to see clarified is if this affects the Wii U as well, as I notice that it's the only version that isn't addressed in this post? I understand that's a recent addition to the mix, so I'm not sure if this means Pipeworks is working on Wii U too or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom