The post-golem and pillar section of the game

Afk farm it. Surface crimson has no enemies that ignore walls so it’s one of the easiest things to afk farm.
I play on Mobile, and I'm only allowed an hour of Terraria every day.
Oh also duke deals less damage, has less health, and has less complex attacks than Empress of Light. If you can beat her, it’s absolutely within your ability to beat duke.
I'm not asking for advice. Also, EoL's attacks are telegraphed and slow-moving. Fishron's attacks are sudden and require memorization.
I never said it wasn't within my ability to beat Duke. I said that I'm not as good at beating him as other people.
And why would I even want to go to the effort of memorizing a boss AI when none of the weapons he drops are useful?
He also has a chance to drop wings, but I don't use wings after I get UFO mount, since it allows me to use more offensive accessories.
And there's also the mount, but it requires too much effort to get and it's only useful on Journey because of the rain slider.

I play on Mobile, and I'm only allowed an hour of Terraria every day.
That’s an edge case and is neither the game or the boss’s fault.
I'm not asking for advice. Also, EoL's attacks are telegraphed and slow-moving. Fishron's attacks are sudden and require memorization.
I know you’re not asking for advice. This is a public forum and I want any passerby who struggle with the boss to have an easier time with it as well.
EoL has multiple untelegraphed and sudden attacks. She has a dash with several colorful and disorienting clones of herself which has even less startup than duke’s dashes, and she likes to teleport above you with no telegraph and this can unavoidably hit you if you’re above her.
Meanwhile Duke has slow moving telegraphs on everything. In the first phase when he starts dashing he always backsteps a tiny bit before each dash. When he’s about to use his bubbles he opens his mouth while standing still (this is the hardest telegraph to read, but you can use Inferno potion to block it entirely with no effort), and when he’s about to use his cyclones he stops moving for a bit and then glows before dropping them. He has no other attacks in the first phase.
In the second phases his dashes are the same, they just go farther. His bubbles always are accompanied by him doing several loops around (and can still be blocked by Inferno potion) and his tornado is telegraphed by a projectile which does not deal damage and always makes the tornado appear under where it hits you.
Third phase is the easiest. Equip a Slimy Saddle from King Slime and don’t move. Whenever you see him dash at you, immediately jump. Repeat this to clear the entire phase without taking a single hit.if you’re having trouble seeing the boss, watch your minimap and his boss icon will be much more visible.

memorizing a boss AI when none of the weapons he drops are useful?
He also has a chance to drop wings, but I don't use wings after I get UFO mount, since it allows me to use more offensive accessories.
And there's also the mount, but it requires too much effort to get and it's only useful on Journey because of the rain slider.
Razorblade Typhoon is even better for the Pillars than the actual pillar weapons are. Tsunami and Bubble Gun are also quite strong single target wise.
In getfixedboi and remix modes he drops Aqua Scepter R, which is so ridiculously strong that not even the pillar weapons compare to it.
The mount enrages if you use Bubble Block to put water in your arenas, and also enrages if you’re below 50% health. It’s the best mount in the game without rain and rain just makes it even more broken.
And of course, there’s also the part where once you get good enough at the boss, you don’t need to wait for post golem to defeat him.

That’s an edge case and is neither the game or the boss’s fault.
I never said it was the game or the boss' fault.
I know you’re not asking for advice. This is a public forum and I want any passerby who struggle with the boss to have an easier time with it as well.
If people need help with Fishron, they'll either:
Look at the wiki.
Look at random threads to try to find a Fishron guide, but skim over this since the title doesn't contain "Duke Fishron."
Look at Youtube.
Start a convo with a random person. (No cap, someone randomly started a convo with me to ask for help beating Prime once.)
EoL has multiple untelegraphed and sudden attacks. She has a dash with several colorful and disorienting clones of herself which has even less startup than duke’s dashes, and she likes to teleport above you with no telegraph and this can unavoidably hit you if you’re above her.
Meanwhile Duke has slow moving telegraphs on everything. In the first phase when he starts dashing he always backsteps a tiny bit before each dash. When he’s about to use his bubbles he opens his mouth while standing still (this is the hardest telegraph to read, but you can use Inferno potion to block it entirely with no effort), and when he’s about to use his cyclones he stops moving for a bit and then glows before dropping them. He has no other attacks in the first phase.
In the second phases his dashes are the same, they just go farther. His bubbles always are accompanied by him doing several loops around (and can still be blocked by Inferno potion) and his tornado is telegraphed by a projectile which does not deal damage and always makes the tornado appear under where it hits you.
Third phase is the easiest. Equip a Slimy Saddle from King Slime and don’t move. Whenever you see him dash at you, immediately jump. Repeat this to clear the entire phase without taking a single hit.if you’re having trouble seeing the boss, watch your minimap and his boss icon will be much more visible.
EoL's attacks have slow-moving projectiles that can be seen coming, they'll only look untelegraphed if you're either really bad at things or doing a true melee playthrough.
Fishron's attacks have some slow-moving projectiles, but the bubbles don't really matter anyways unless your weapon has no piercing,
and the sharknado is only slow-moving until it turns into an actual sharknado and starts spamming Sharkrons at you.
Razorblade Typhoon is even better for the Pillars than the actual pillar weapons are.
Razorblade Typhoon has a small drop chance.
Tsunami and Bubble Gun are also quite strong single target wise.
Tsunami is only good if you grind to get expensive ammo, and Bubble Gun only works when you're super close-range.
In getfixedboi and remix modes he drops Aqua Scepter R, which is so ridiculously strong that not even the pillar weapons compare to it.
*Coughs in low gravity completely ruining the phase 3 strat that you recommended*
The mount enrages if you use Bubble Block to put water in your arenas, and also enrages if you’re below 50% health. It’s the best mount in the game without rain and rain just makes it even more broken.
Big if. Putting 100 250-block tall towers of Bubble Block and filling them with water is a super long process, only the truly desperate would go that route.
Also, it's only a little faster than UFO.

Now can you please stop responding? I'm getting tired of arguing, I have schoolwork to do, and the thread is getting off-topic.

people need help with Fishron, they'll either:
Look at the wiki.
Look at random threads to try to find a Fishron guide, but skim over this since the title doesn't contain "Duke Fishron."
Look at Youtube.
Start a convo with a random person. (No cap, someone randomly started a convo with me to ask for help beating Prime once.)
You… you realize the whole reason this convo started is because people in this thread were struggling with Duke, right? Are you expecting the people in this thread to not check the thread?
EoL's attacks have slow-moving projectiles that can be seen coming, they'll only look untelegraphed if you're either really bad at things or doing a true melee playthrough
Congratulations, you completely ignored the two attacks I pointed out. Neither of those attacks use projectiles, btw.
Fishron's attacks have some slow-moving projectiles, but the bubbles don't really matter anyways unless your weapon has no piercing,
and the sharknado is only slow-moving until it turns into an actual sharknado and starts spamming Sharkrons at you.
said sharkrons are also telegraphed and warned ahead of time by the appearance of said tornado.
Razorblade Typhoon has a small drop chance
If 20% is a small drop chance then I have news for you.
Tsunami is only good if you grind to get expensive ammo, and Bubble Gun only works when you're super close-range
please explain to me how the following recipe is expensive:
1709594716509.png

Also bubble gun got a range buff in 1.4.4
Coughs in low gravity completely ruining the phase 3 strat that you recommended
Coughs in half the false surface layer counting as ocean.
Big if. Putting 100 250-block tall towers of Bubble Block and filling them with water is a super long process, only the truly desperate would go that route.
Also, it's only a little faster than UFO
Why do you need towers that tall
Why are you calling 80 mph “only a little faster” than ufo. That’s literally black spot’s speed before the nerf.

Now can you please stop responding? I'm getting tired of arguing, I have schoolwork to do, and the thread is getting off-topic
Sure I can. You seemed to be arguing with me for the sake of proving me wrong rather than actually trying to make a point anyway.

You… you realize the whole reason this convo started is because people in this thread were struggling with Duke, right? Are you expecting the people in this thread to not check the thread?
*Facepalm* This isn't a convo. *Points at image* That's a convo.
2024-03-04-173023_1210x62_scrot.png

Congratulations, you completely ignored the two attacks I pointed out. Neither of those attacks use projectiles, btw.
The dashes only have a split second before they activate.
said sharkrons are also telegraphed and warned ahead of time by the appearance of said tornado.
The literal only thing they do is make it harder to dodge attacks, and they also make it harder to pay attention to the boss' sprite.
If 20% is a small drop chance then I have news for you.
Huh, I didn't notice. I had thought it was 5% previously.
please explain to me how the following recipe is expensive:
View attachment 461328
Also bubble gun got a range buff in 1.4.4
Only a hoarder or someone with an AFK farm would still be hanging onto 100 Ichor.
Also Bubble Gun is still too short.
Coughs in half the false surface layer counting as ocean.
Coughs in a single Slime Mount jump going WAY TOO HIGH, and a very common chance of bouncing on a Harpy and going even higher, most likely dying
Why do you need towers that tall
The world is tall.
Why are you calling 80 mph “only a little faster” than ufo. That’s literally black spot’s speed before the nerf.
80 mph is only when buffed.
2024-03-04-174006_787x280_scrot.png

Facepalm* This isn't a convo. *Points at image* That's a convo
1709595962257.png

The dashes only have a split second before they activate.
Correct. Empress’s dashes do indeed.
Coughs in a single Slime Mount jump going WAY TOO HIGH, and a very common chance of bouncing on a Harpy and going even higher, most likely dying
Perhaps you didn’t understand what I said.
In getfixedboi, the “false surface” layer is just above the mushroom layer and below the cavern layer. Half of that counts as ocean, which means you can fight duke fishron there. There is no altered gravity or harpies in this area.
Only a hoarder or someone with an AFK farm would still be hanging onto 100 Ichor.
Check the recipe again more carefully this time. (you need ONE ichor for that many arrows)
The world is tall.
you do not need towers that are the entire world in height.
80 mph is only when buffed
Yes, and it works below half hp, not when you’re just wet. That’s a very easy condition to fulfill and it’s not like you’re going to get hit again when you’re at infinite flight with 80 mph.

Again, I thought you were busy? It sounds like you have stuff to do. I do not, so we can keep talking if you like.

To me, Fishron is more of a mobility check rather than a skill check. The quick startup to his dashes doesn't matter when you have enough vertical mobility to outpace them (and/or master ninja gear to make horizontal distance). Having at least one ascent speed increase is a godsend (either a balloon or amphibian boots). The gelatinous pillion can also work well.

The exception to this is the (expert exclusive) 3rd phase, which is a test of skill and/or pattern memorization. In general, flying up or falling down with the occasional dash works well to dodge it, as does "playing jump rope" by repeatedly jumping over him. Shield bashing into him with the shield of cthulhu also works, but can be a little inconsistent.
He'll always teleport, dash once, teleport, dash twice, teleport, then dash three times, before repeating this 1-2-3 pattern until he dies. Knowing this pattern is key if you want to fight him early in the game (pre-mech or pre-plantera), though if fighting him later in the game, just doing the up/down strategy and trying to kill him before he kills you works well too.

I will agree that low gravity makes him a bit dicey (especially on getfixedboi where he has the increased contact damage), though digging a hole and fighting him in regular gravity works decently well if you don't mind the digging. As for the "flying off the top of the world" thing, that's nothing a good roof won't fix.

Honestly I think the way to “fix” post golem is to make cultist have a lot more health so he doesn’t die in under 30 seconds, and then give a lose condition to the Pillars so that you can’t just die a billion times to them and still win anyway
Both of these changes make the leadup to the moon lord much riskier and have a higher barrier to entry, meaning you may actually need all the post golem stuff to complete it.

Pillar weapons are weapons that are meant to be support weapons for Moonlord, the boss you will fight after you get them. Obviously post-golem weapons arent gonna be better than them for Moonlord. Although some pillar weapons are worse on Moonlord than the other one, they all are still great for Moonlord and cant be replaced by weapons found earlier in the game.

Additionaly you are upset about Zenith Having no real use but if it had it would be too overpowered. Zenith, as of currently is the strongest weapon in the game (it is designed to be like that, there is a reason why this weapon never got any nerfs aside from its range since it got added) and if it was something you get before Moonlord it would be the most overpowered thing ever. Even without good damaging Accessories or armor, Zenith can kill enemies and bosses (including Moonlord) ridiculusly fast.
Not to mention, its a weapon that is meant to show you did everything in the game, from beginning to end. Its basically a Sword forged from your journey. Obviously it will be Post-Moonlord and be overpowered.

Additionaly you also say that Starwrath and Meowmere were already ultimate weapons for the Melee class, but I would disagree. Both Meowmere and Starwrath doesnt have the same damage as other "ultimate" weapons of other classes. If Zenith didnt exist, Melee class, at endgame would struggle with Last Prism's insane DPS, Terraprisma and Stardust Dragon's ability to pass throughout walls and SDMG's speed.

As for my opinions, I dont really have any change ideas or anything like that. But I hate the lack of content in the Post-golem stage. So I would add more content, I have no ideas though. Additionaly I would also make a Third pillar weapon for each pillar since Summoners are getting a Third one in the next update.

Both Meowmere and Starwrath doesnt have the same damage as other "ultimate" weapons of other classes
Actually they do. They were buffed by a ton in 1.4
Unfortunately it didn’t matter because zenith was added in the same update.

Actually they do. They were buffed by a ton in 1.4
Unfortunately it didn’t matter because zenith was added in the same update.
Even then, as I said they dont have insane DPS as the last prism, dont have the ability to go throughout walls like the Terraprisma and Stardust Dragon and insanely fast attack speed like the SDMG. Zenith has all of them at the same time which makes the melee class not struggle in endgame.

Even then, as I said they dont have insane DPS as the last prism, dont have the ability to go throughout walls like the Terraprisma and Stardust Dragon and insanely fast attack speed like the SDMG. Zenith has all of them at the same time which makes the melee class not struggle in endgame.
It’s not like you can “struggle” post-moonlord since there is nothing left to do but people that play the same world for TONS of hours the zenith is not really mandatory tbh, meowmere and starwrath are more than enough. I renember in my journey mode world while grinding for the zenith with meowmere amd starwrath, it was a breeze.

Last prism uses mana like crazy which lowers it’s dps, terraprisma and stardust dragon don’t have insane attack speed, and SDMG bullets can’t go through walls... Yeah but nothing stops you from using nebula armor with like 3 terraprismas, or using stardust armor and dragon alongside SDMG. It’s not like you are missing too much without having the zenith.

It’s not like you can “struggle” post-moonlord since there is nothing left to do but people that play the same world for TONS of hours the zenith is not really mandatory tbh, meowmere and starwrath are more than enough. I renember in my journey mode world while grinding for the zenith with meowmere amd starwrath, it was a breeze.
Even then it is not fair to give melee players 2 weapons at endgame that cant even do what other classes does. Starwrath and Meowmere isnt more than enough, not even close to be "more than enough", just compare how quickly Last Prism, Terraprisma/Dragon and SDMG melts down the Moonlord to what Starwrath/Meowmere does. Zenith was the only solution.

Last prism uses mana like crazy which lowers it’s dps, terraprisma and stardust dragon don’t have insane attack speed, and SDMG bullets can’t go through walls... Yeah but nothing stops you from using nebula armor with like 3 terraprismas, or using stardust armor and dragon alongside SDMG. It’s not like you are missing too much without having the zenith.
Last Prism uses mana like crazy in the exchange of high DPS, and mana sickness' damage penalty isnt really noticeable imo. Stardust Dragon and Terraprisma dont have insane attack speed but its like the Last Prism, they have insane DPS. Plus they can go throughout walls. SDMG obviously doesnt go throughout walls but it has insane attack speed especially with luminite bullets. None of these exist on Starwrath and Meowmere.
So yeah you are missing a lot without The Zenith.

And even if the "ultimate weapons" of other classes isnt as strong as The Zenith, this isnt something to get mad about as in Zenith is designed to be the strongest weapon in the game. I dont mind honestly.

Back
Top Bottom