The post-golem and pillar section of the game

Why? Currently you argue that all weapons suck compared to the Zenith, but what enemies are supposed to be taken seriously post ml? Zenith is a tool, like how Rod of Discord is a tool
Theming, visual and gameplay variety, sound effects, playstyle... you did read Dapling's post, right? All they're wanting is more, viable variety, and not being punished with lower dps for using the currently-existing variety.

Why? Currently you argue that all weapons suck compared to the Zenith, but what enemies are supposed to be taken seriously post ml? Zenith is a tool, like how Rod of Discord is a tool
At this point just read my older posts in this thread. I’m tired of restating my earlier points and being dismissed just because post moon lord apparently doesn’t matter.

Love how this thread turned from "post-golem section of the game" to "adding zenith versions for other classes would be good/zenith is op asf". Lmao
Again:
  • Variety is nice.
  • Having more "ultimate weapons" gives the player for throphies to hunt for post-moonlord.
  • If you want the most dps post-moonlord you HAVE TO use a melee build to use the zenith properly since no matter what the zenith outclasses everything in endgame.
Doing some test just proves the last point:

With an avarage menancing loadout for endgame ranger + SDMG and venom bullets I get 6800-7000 dps. ~9000 dps if on stealth mode.
1709838778585.png
1709838829376.png

Now with no armor, accesories or buffs using the zenith I get 7400-7600 dps.
1709838790907.png

Even worse I get around 12000-14000 dps with the RANGER loadout cuz of the menancing accesories!
1709838888495.png

In short, zenith as a trophy is nice but kills endgame variety, adding a zenith for each classes not only adds more thophies but also solves the variety issue. Also why the zenith begin a tool would be an issue for adding a zenith to each class?

Love how this thread turned from "post-golem section of the game" to "adding zenith versions for other classes would be good/zenith is op asf". Lmao

Again:
  • Variety is nice.
  • Having more "ultimate weapons" gives the player for throphies to hunt for post-moonlord.
  • If you want the most dps post-moonlord you HAVE TO use a melee build to use the zenith properly since no matter what the zenith outclasses everything in endgame.
Doing some test just proves the last point:

With an avarage menancing loadout for endgame ranger + SDMG and venom bullets I get 6800-7000 dps. ~9000 dps if on stealth mode.
View attachment 461751 View attachment 461755

Now with no armor, accesories or buffs using the zenith I get 7400-7600 dps.
View attachment 461753

Even worse I get around 12000-14000 dps with the RANGER loadout cuz of the menancing accesories!
View attachment 461757

In short, zenith as a trophy is nice but kills endgame variety, adding a zenith for each classes not only adds more thophies but also solves the variety issue. Also why the zenith begin a tool would be an issue for adding a zenith to each class?
If you stand with your back right next to the target dummy and swing your zenith directly away from it, you’ll deal even more damage.

Having a Zenith for other classes would be nice.

But saying that you are forced into using it ignores the player choice that created the idea of class playthroughs in the first place.

Having a Zenith for other classes would be nice.

But saying that you are forced into using it ignores the player choice that created the idea of class playthroughs in the first place.
Not that you are forced to use it but if you want dps post-moonlord the zenith is the best no matter what so the optimal for that would be to switch to a full melee loadout.

Nope, Terrarian doesn't have local so half of the projectiles miss even with static. It has around 2.8k base dps. Meanwhile Meowmere gets just as much Without bouncing the projectiles back so they hit multiple times and star wrath gets 3k. Hit with the blade and the projectiles, don't use just the projectiles.

Both of those have the same base dps as each other (2.4k) with the strongest ammo available. I'll address the other problem with them as it becomes relevant.

Actually pretty respectable at around 4.2k dps. Probably deserved for how much build dedication it requires.

Not relevant as neither of them are competing with zenith, rather they are supplementing it. Also they're not moon lord drops.

Ah, so it does! That's pretty impressive and lines up with my tests. Let's see how much dps Zenith gets on the ranged loadout I used to minmax damage with SDMG:
I feel like this is in some parts arguing in bad faith. Testing on dummies is not entirely reflective of how the weapons perform. How often are you going to be close enough to the enemy to hit with close range hitboxes (blade for meowmere and star wrath, and zenith's back hitbox), or have meowmere's attacks bounce into the same target more than once? I'd much rather take the 200 dps loss from using terrarian over meowmere and avoid getting up close and personal. Also, the main reason I mentioned SDMG at all wasn't to say that it was comparable with zenith, since it's not, but rather I just felt that you were overly dismissive of it when comparing it to the other moon lord drops. Having long range, high damage, and access to homing makes it a solid moon lord drop, just not zenith level (which it shares with the rest of the moon lord drops).

I am not trying to say zenith isn't the best weapon in the game by a long shot. It absolutely is. I also agree that it would be nice to have competition for zenith, but the reason I said that I was okay with there not being any competition is that I know that such competition would likely take a while to develop and Re-logic has other priorities. Another reason I'm somewhat okay with there not being any competition is that there's also a decent obtainability gap between "get a moon lord drop" and "get 2 specific moon lord drops as well as a bunch of other items". By the time you have zenith, you have almost certainly exhausted all of the content in the game, and this isn't necessarily true for the other moon lord drops, especially if you rushed to endgame.

Im not saying that these should be removed (for obvious reasons) but that it could have been better made.
What would you have changed, then?

Zenith being overpowered is very much intentional and kind of obvious. You have to beat moon lord several times to get it so it isn't designed to help you beat bosses you've already defeated (unless you want to bump up the difficulty and go to expert/master/for the worthy or something). I don't have an issue with that.

Personally, what I have an issue with is the fact that it becomes the best weapon for every class. That isn't really fun. Mage, ranged, and summoner have some really fun weapons at endgame but none of them come close to Zenith even when using your own armor type. For summoner that's not as bad since you are only replacing whips (and summoners sometimes use non-summoner weapons anyways) and your pets are still strong, but for the rest this is just... bad. It feels bad.

While we could nerf Zenith, I don't really think that's the solution. Just add new weapons for rangers, mages, and summoners with ridiculously complex crafting trees that are similarly powerful, at least to the extent that it's better than Zenith when you are using your correct armor type.

But... that's just my opinion.

As for "post-golem" weapons, I don't really have an issue with that. Things like Duke Fishron used to be endgame content after Golem. You can choose to do Duke Fishron after Golem and the weapons will be relevant, or you can choose to use more OP weapons and trivialize the fight because it's really hard. That's ok. That's the way Terraria has been designed. Optional fights are just that--optional. You can do them if you want or just skip them until later (or ever) because they are hard. Same thing with the events.

All of this said, the game is going to be as challenging/relevant as you choose to make it. If you want Duke Fishron's weapons to be relevant, just do the boss after Golem. Yeah, it will be hard, but those weapons will be useful on the pillar events. I can't say that I have a problem with how this is designed. I don't think Duke Fishron should be required, nor do I think their weapons need to be changed. But hey, that's just my opinion, too.

I feel like this is in some parts arguing in bad faith. Testing on dummies is not entirely reflective of how the weapons perform. How often are you going to be close enough to the enemy to hit with close range hitboxes (blade for meowmere and star wrath, and zenith's back hitbox), or have meowmere's attacks bounce into the same target more than once?
Okay, I will admit, Meowmere I was unfairly biased against in my tests. Meowmere absolutely curbstomps Terrarian and Star Wrath because it's able to do, well, this:
1709863258814.png

And because it has localimmunity anything that goes into the "rainbow kitty waterfall of death" gets absolutely obliterated at Zenith speeds.
The only reason I don't think it's as strong as zenith is because it requires a lot of setup to perform, essentially it needs you to gain momentum.
I suppose you're right about the other 3 weapons though. Terrarian does feel quite bad to use due to its remaining iframe issues and I just wish it got local honestly. Not sure what to do about Star Wrath.
It is worth noting however that Zenith has autotargeting/homing to a certain degree, you can actually see it lock on to enemies if you move your cursor away from them. That means zenith is actually weaker on target dummies a lot of the time.

Also, the main reason I mentioned SDMG at all wasn't to say that it was comparable with zenith, since it's not, but rather I just felt that you were overly dismissive of it when comparing it to the other moon lord drops. Having long range, high damage, and access to homing makes it a solid moon lord drop, just not zenith level (which it shares with the rest of the moon lord drops).
I see. I suppose it should recieve credit for that. It requires build dedication to keep up with the other moon lord drops though so it's not an ideal choice for what you're actually doing in post moon lord most likely.
By the time you have zenith, you have almost certainly exhausted all of the content in the game, and this isn't necessarily true for the other moon lord drops, especially if you rushed to endgame.
While that is true, it applies if and only if you don't plan on doing anything after beating the game like labbing and wiring and building, etc.

What would you have changed, then?

Zenith being overpowered is very much intentional and kind of obvious. You have to beat moon lord several times to get it so it isn't designed to help you beat bosses you've already defeated (unless you want to bump up the difficulty and go to expert/master/for the worthy or something). I don't have an issue with that.

Personally, what I have an issue with is the fact that it becomes the best weapon for every class. That isn't really fun. Mage, ranged, and summoner have some really fun weapons at endgame but none of them come close to Zenith even when using your own armor type. For summoner that's not as bad since you are only replacing whips (and summoners sometimes use non-summoner weapons anyways) and your pets are still strong, but for the rest this is just... bad. It feels bad.

While we could nerf Zenith, I don't really think that's the solution. Just add new weapons for rangers, mages, and summoners with ridiculously complex crafting trees that are similarly powerful, at least to the extent that it's better than Zenith when you are using your correct armor type.
What I mean is that from the start a “zenith” for each class could have been added, even if I use the zenith instead of whips, it does not solve the issue since you problaby would deal more dps if you went full melee instead.

I don’t understand what you mean.
You are saying that post moon lord is all about exploring the bounds of the game, but that’s what journey mode is for: exploring the game

I understand why you want competition for zenith, but now I’m shifting my point: Post ML is kind of a joke

If someone is playing the game to explore the game, then they’re either playing classic or journey, while expert and master are all about that sweet sweet progression. If someone struggle with enemies/events post moon lord on classic, then that’s a massive skill issue

someone is playing the game to explore the game, then they’re either playing classic or journey, while expert and master are all about that sweet sweet progression
Not only is that just an opinion, it’s just straight up wrong.
Classic has only 5 accessory slots and has lower droprates on coins and most other items meaning it’s harder to obtain the materials for testing, and journey doesn’t have access to every mechanic in the game (in particular a pretty major one which needs experimentation and is missing from journey is Hardcore Ghosts. There is absolutely no way to mess with those in journey worlds because Hardcore characters cannot enter them, and Hardcore Ghosts have a ton of mechanics which are completely untapped right now)

Last edited:
Not at all, I gave plenty of advice for learning the boss quickly in my other post.

When I said “beat the boss without moving” I wasn’t joking, btw. You really can beat the boss without moving.
View attachment 461299
Reforge all the accessories to Warding and just spam your vampire knives for an easy win.
Kinda late to ask but, does this still work? I am attempting to facetank the fishron with Vampire Knives in master mode and still fail (for some reason). If this gear works I am gonna do with this

Kinda late to ask but, does this still work? I am attempting to facetank the fishron with Vampire Knives in master mode and still fail (for some reason). If this gear works I am gonna do with this
That screenshot was for expert mode (my mistake, sorry) but here’s a video of someone doing it in master. It’s not really “without moving” because they used mechanical minecart for increased defense, but they stayed in the same spot the whole fight nonetheless.
(I recommend lowering your volume before the video starts, i got jumpscared by metallica when I played it lol)

That screenshot was for expert mode (my mistake, sorry) but here’s a video of someone doing it in master. It’s not really “without moving” because they used mechanical minecart for increased defense, but they stayed in the same spot the whole fight nonetheless.
(I recommend lowering your volume before the video starts, i got jumpscared by metallica when I played it lol)
Okayyy, gonna try it like this

Back
Top Bottom