Sprites The River (Alternate Underworld)

@Pirtz @Teal Aether replaces all Lava and functions the same (aside from causing Mortality instead of OnFire!). Aether would make Crispy Honey Blocks just as Lava would, but wouldn't mix with Lava -- since it's an equal.

So would the two just lay on top of each other like they have different density? Which one would lay on top of the other? Personally I think some kind of block should be produced when the two mix (Perhaps it makes the obsidian equivalent, I forgot what it was called).

This needs to be in the game. I love the art style, as well as the greek mythological elements. The only thing that might be an issue is that now, the underworld area of the world has a special armor set for melee players and mage players, but not for ranged and summoner players. Which gives me an idea: Maybe in worlds with the underworld, you get molten armor as one armor set, and another armor set for ranged users. In the river, you could get the magic armor set and a summoner set, so all four classes are equal.

What do you have in mind for it? But then again any advice from me would be pointless, you already made a perfect thread.
No idea. Still spriting atm
So would the two just lay on top of each other like they have different density? Which one would lay on top of the other? Personally I think some kind of block should be produced when the two mix (Perhaps it makes the obsidian equivalent, I forgot what it was called).
I was thinking Aether would lay on top of lava -- I might make it produce a block of some sort. The obsidian equivalent here is Planctae.

I was thinking Aether would lay on top of lava -- I might make it produce a block of some sort. The obsidian equivalent here is Planctae.

Ok, wouldn't it be hard to program liquids to flow on top of each other or it that already implemented into the game? That's the only reason I asked if it would make a Planctae block.

If by that you mean have water, lava, honey, aether, and the liquid there adding in 1.3, then that won't work as Terraria engine won't support it.

If by that you mean have water, lava, honey, aether, and the liquid there adding in 1.3, then that won't work as Terraria engine won't support it.
I never said I'd have all of those. The question proposed was what happens if lava is brought in. In the case of 1.3, it would mean bringing lava in would crash the game. Otherwise, I haven't decided what it would do.

I never said I'd have all of those. The question proposed was what happens if lava is brought in. In the case of 1.3, it would mean bringing lava in would crash the game. Otherwise, I haven't decided what it would do.

Well this won't be added before 1.3 for apparent reasons. So there's no need to think about what would happen because it won't have an opportunity to collide with lava. It should do like your OP says and replace it.

I cannot wait until this is added into the game. I like the Cerberus, though 1% sounds a little low for the extra damage either way I will enjoy getting it.

I submitted a few new edits to the main post, including a liquids table for clarity. However, when I went to add the table specifically, I encountered an error. Guess no more edits for a while :dryadsad:

Though personally I don't think we need an alternate for hell, the amount of effort that was put into this is great! Everything in The River looks cool and the sprites amazing.
Support Badge.png

Edits working again. I'm working on a few sprite reworks for more originality.

Edit: This is probably the best sprite I've ever made... and I had to waste it on replacing the mako rose, which is a replacement for the obsidian rose... which is a pretty useless item. #feelsbadman

dOCpkqr.png
>
dzBcznr.png

Last edited:
Support! I being a lover of magic weapons, would love this new molten-tiered magic set. Also the underworld is a bit... eh.

Back
Top Bottom