Biomes & Nature The Savannah

Narwhal In A Bucket

Official Terrarian
The Savannah, a place with yellowish-greenish grass, animals, and other amazing things. First of all, the appearance. A place with partially sand, partially mud, and partially dirt as the floor. Dragon blood trees spread out everywhere, dropping Sandwood, a grayish wood that can be used for every purpose that Rich Mahogany can, and a whole 1x1 block full of Dragonblood. You can bottle the Blood and drink it, restoring 60 life, or use it for making a Vampire Potion, along with 1 blinkroot and 1 fireblossom, which allows you to gain 2% life of whatever you damage 1 minute. (Also forgot to mention, this is an alternate desert!) Now the mobs.

Mobs: (Pre-Hardmode)
  • The Lion (HP 60, DP 3, DMG 20) AI Type: Unicorn | Drops: Hunter Potion 2.0% | 0.5% Lion Banner | Leather 1-2 25%
  • Tiger (HP 55, DP 6, DMG 15) AI Type: Unicorn | Drops: Hunter Potion 10.0% | 0.5% Tiger Banner | Leather 1-2 25%
  • Carnivorous Slime (HP 44, DP 1, DMG 10) (a brown slime that's sized like a blue one) AI Type: Slime | Drops: 1-2 Gel
  • Predator Bat (HP 15, DP 1, DMG 5) (gray) AI Type: Bat
  • Snake (HP 20, DP 2, DMG 5) (poisonous effect) AI Type: Snake (new) | Drops: 0-2 Snakescale (used to make Savannah armor - 20 for breastplate, 15 for greaves and helmet - Full DP: 15 Full set: 8% chance to inflict "Venom" debuff)
  • (During Blood Moon) Blood Dryad (Uncommon) (Spawns near DB trees) (HP 66, DP 4, DMG 30) AI Type: Fighter | Drops: Rotting Hair 100% (Vanity)
Sprites:

Molos Elethros made Snake Skin Armor, KotJ Banner, and the Snake Skin. I made the Carnivorous Slime.
snakeskinarmorsmall-png.113701
Snake Skin Armor
kotj-banner-small-png.113703
King of the Jungle Banner
snakeskin-png.113705
Snake Skin (item) Carnivorous Slime

Mobs: (Post-Hardmode)
  • All of the Pre-Hardmode ones
  • King Of The Jungle (mini-boss) (10% chance to spawn in Savannah) (looks like a gray lion with battle scars) (HP 3,000, DP 20, DMG 25) AI Type: Fighter | Drops: 20-50 Lion Skin - (Used to make vanity Lion Clothes) - 10% King Of The Jungle Banner (picture of crown enveloped in vines)
Also, I did not find anything else when I searched this up, and even if I had, I would still have posted it, because this is from TO so obviously a lot older than the other one.

Last edited:
Interesting. Maybe tell us the crafting recipe for the armor? Give us the armors stats.

Recipe for lion clothes?

Try and find some people to make sprites for you.

First mob: The Lion. Second mob: Tiger. I am disappointed there are no bears...

You mention it's an alternate Desert. But tbh, with the block types used (sand, mud, and dirt all together), it feels like it could be more of a transition biome when traveling from forest to desert or something like that. That could be interesting.

It would be nice to have Savannah generated either side of a desert biome to ease the transition from forest to desert - which currently is jarring. I support the idea but I'm unsure about the "King of the Jungle" spawning near a desert biome when we have a Jungle biome.

[EDIT]: Also I'm fairly sure Dragons Blood Trees are native to an island? I remember a similar shape on Galapagos Island documentary. I think a more traditional Savannah tree could be chosen like those slanted sprawl-y ones.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom