tModLoader The Spirit Mod!

I feel like shurikens and kunai and the likes are super overplayed by terraria mods. I feel like every single mod has to include some sort of shuriken overload. At this point it's just overplayed and unoriginal.

This is not at all a blast on the Spirit Mod, don't get me wrong. Just an observation about the Terraria modding community as a whole.

@PhoenixBlade hit them with the reality hammer.
What do you mean overplayed. Not insulting, just curious

What do you mean overplayed. Not insulting, just curious
It's more kunai than shuriken (considering shiriken are in the base game) but it seems like you could say "We have so and so mod... with KUNAI!" and everyone immediately downloads it. Now, I get that that's an exaggeration, but it seems like every single weapon based mod has to add kunai for no other reason other than to have it. I guess this bothers me because a) it's mostly added just on the side because it's popular; i.e. a mod focusing on melee weapons will also have kunai for "extra fun". And b) there could be way cooler substitutes for throwing weapons than just kunai. Instead of that generic poison kunai, why not have a throwable bee stinger? Or instead of frozen kunai, why not an icicle? I guess it just bothers me on a stylistic level that instead of making an original throwable weapon, mod makers rehash the kunai over and over again because it's popular.

EDIT: Again, not blasting on Spirit Mod. Spirit mod has some seriously creative (and good looking) throwing items. I mean throwing a meteor? Seriously? That's awesome.

Last edited:
New spirit trees!
SpiritTrees.PNG

Speak in Ermac voice from Mortal Kombat X.
"WE ARE ONE. WE ARE ALL."
[doublepost=1474318948,1474318812][/doublepost]Could I bring ideas for bosses?

The joining on one clan wont be added in the first update
But the ability to choose sides to eradicate the over faction (and maybe help kill the overseer) might happen eventually

Back
Top Bottom