WIP The Tale of Wispy

Patience provides rewards, and the next chapter will be no different than a reward for me. You have completely changed my view towards the guide on how we neglect him after he is of not much use to us. (I am going to provide him a much better house than a stupid box, right away!)
I am a bit curious, who or what is Wispy? Looking forward for the answers in the next chapters.

Patience provides rewards, and the next chapter will be no different than a reward for me. You have completely changed my view towards the guide on how we neglect him after he is of not much use to us. (I am going to provide him a much better house than a stupid box, right away!)
I am a bit curious, who or what is Wispy? Looking forward for the answers in the next chapters.

Thanks, glad you liked it!
As for what Wispy is, I myself only have a vague idea. We will have answers in chapters to come, so don't worry.

Alright, finally back on track. Wispy returns with a vengeance, baby!

~Chapter 11: Boned~

My first impression of Hell? It was hot. Very, very hot. Pretty sure the lava trinket I wore was the only thing stopping me from crumbling into a pile of fine ash. The thought that the entire cavern might be made of similar ash was a little disturbing. But despite the heat, we continued onward. Hopping across little stepping stones of compact ash, we headed into one of the large black buildings that dotted the flaming underworld. Inside were a collection of furniture made out a glossy black material, and plenty of pictures depicting the outside area and similarly creepy things. I grabbed a seat and tried to rest for a moment, but an odd slinking sound coming from all directions outside soon declared that I wasn't allowed to do that yet.

A huge serpentine skull pushed itself out of a crack in the wall, followed by a number of skeletal segments all connected by some demonic force I don't like to give much thought. Slinking along the walls, it seemed to be trying to surround us on all sides. It worked, seeing as I wasn't exactly sure how to stop it and Wispy was merely looking at it curiously. The snake seemed to be just as intrigued after a moment, ceasing its attack and gliding its head to rest about a foot away from Wispy's, and giving a soft hiss, as if it were trying to communicate. Wispy gave a short murmur, which seemed to spook the serpent, which made a speedy retreat. Wispy didn't allow this, growing in volume; this caused the serpent's segments to simply detach, reducing it to a pile of bone. It happened much faster than it had with the Worm and the Eaters. I wondered if he'd grown stronger or if the bone serpent had just been fairly weak. Anyway, Wipsy seemed to have plans to on I went, trudging after her.

~End of Chapter Eleven~
~Chapter Twelve coming in a bit~

Ugh, sorry for the delay on this one. I've been a bit occupied. I also apologise for the shorter chapters, I'm having trouble writing the longer ones for now.

~Chapter 12: I've been voodoo'd!~

After a bit of walking through the burnt building and climbing a few stairs, we ended up on the top of a wide rooftop. There was a pretty good view from up here, giving me a sight many pools of lava around the ashen mounds, populated by bouncing blobs of animated molten rock and a various selection of other fiery beings. Wispy nudged me over to a ledge at the side of the building, and after a short hop we were on our way again. For the most part Wispy's usual monster deterrent kept us safe, but a few monsters might get a bit too close and be dispatched by a short bark from Wispy or a burst of bullets from yours truly. Turning an eye to the sky, I noticed a good amount of winged bat-like creatures hovering above us, almost as if waiting for me to stray too far from Wispy. Considering where we were, that was probably exactly what they had planned.

Keeping a wary eye on the Demons, I stuck pretty close to Wispy, not wanting to risk anything. Wispy was leading us, but I'm not entirely sure he had a destination in mind like when we were in the Dungeon, or if he was rather looking for something that he didn't know where it was. Whichever it was, I hoped it didn't take much longer. The heat had slowly but steadily grown, leading me to worry that my trinket's fire resistant powers might be wearing off. Hoping this wasn't the case, I soon followed Wispy into a small cavern in the side of a cliff. Wispy pushed me to the back, before poking his head out to the outside, a slight growl rumbling from his jaws. After a second she dashed out, screaming into the sky ( or rather the top of the cavern, I suppose ). I just barely poked my head out to check out what was going on, and then I saw what was going on. One of the Demons ( this one seemed to be carrying something in his hands, but I couldn't see what it was ) was engaging Wispy, launching twisting slashes of shadow at it, which were returned by sharp piercing screams. Eventually the Demon's wing beats grew tired abd slow, and it fell, trailing a thin line of blood. Time seemed to slow as it fell, and I could see what it had been holding as it tumbled into a deep pit of lava. It was a small cloth doll, that happened to look uncannily like me. As the doll fell ever so slowly into the heated stone, I felt my very insides burn with intense heat, and everything went black.

~End of Chapter Twelve~
~Chapter Thirteen coming at some point~

Alright, I lied last time. But hopefully now everything is actually okay, so Wispy will return for real.

~Chapter 13: Awakening~

When I awoke, I was lying in my bed, a nurse ( When had she arrived? ) tending to my wounds. Most of my body was wrapped in bandages, and I hurt all over. Everything was in a haze, and suddenly there was a blur of motion. Someone wearing a suit of dark armor was struggling to get in the door, but the townspeople were keeping him out. Their efforts were in vain, though, as he soon shoved them aside and continued trudging toward me. Unable to move or even scream, I was saved from certain doom by a blast of fire coming somewhere to my left. A man in a poofy purple robe strode into my view, soon to be joined by a humanoid lizard. They spoke, but their words were only murmurs to me. Soon, I lost track of what was going on and slipped back into darkness.

The next time I awoke, I seemed to be mostly healed. There were still bandages wrapped around my chest and right arm, but it hurt much less and I could move and talk freely. There wasn't anyone in the hut with me, so I stood up and slowly pulled on a shirt and pants and walked outside. Things were different, but I wasn't exactly sure how. Then I realized what it was. In the air, there was a faint scent of something sweet and enchanting. But under that, just a little, I could also smell something putrid and dark, creeping where we would least expect it. I wasn't sure what to think, so I looked around, trying to see where Wispy was. As I walked, I noticed the world itself had changed vastly. Everything was more... vivid, strong. As I looked to the sky, I could even see something long and slender slipping through the clouds. I had never seen such a creature before, and I had a feeling it wasn't the only new being I would come across in the newly changed world. Curious and ever so anxious to find Wispy, I doubled my speed.

~End of Chapter Thirteen~
~Chapter Fourteen coming ugh~

You made me wait a little longer for this one, you know.
And you sure are reducing the size of the stories, day by day, but still it doesn't have much effect as they are still rich in content.
But one thing is getting on my nerves. You nowadays end the chapter abruptly, and when I least expect it. Try to add some continuation or link between the chapters, so the flow doesn't break.

Keep up the good work and keep writing. I will be waiting for more!;)

Alright, time for another chapter. hopefully this one will be up to my usual standard, I know I haven't been as good as before lately.

~Chapter 14: Wispy..?~

A short walk around the village eventually found Wispy sitting in the middle of a wide library I was sure hadn't been there last time I'd been in town. He was standing by a table with a book on it, and across from him sat the purple robed man from before. Knocking on the doorframe to announce myself, the man turned to me and waved me in. As I entered warily, he cleared his throat and spoke to me, quiet as if not to distract someone. I assumed that someone was Wispy, so I hoped that perhaps the man could spread some light on the situation. A log of our dialogue:

"Hello, uh... Bob, was it? Anyway, Bob, good to meet you. I'm Gerald, otherwise known as the Wizard. Or simply "Ol' G".
"Uh, hi there, Gerald. And it's Aiden, by the way. What's going on here? Do you know anything about Wispy?"
"Ah, yes. Wispy, that was the name she said you gave her. As for what she is... I haven't the slightest clue. Something very old, and very powerful, though."
"Wait, "she"? And she told you that? She can talk?"
"To answer your first and second questions, yes. She told me that she was female. At least she was, at some point. As for your last question, not quite. People such as me who are so directly linked with magic have the ability to sometimes communicate with beings such as her."

A bit overwhelmed by this sudden intake of information, I found a chair and collapsed into it, watching Wispy dumbfound. He- er, she, I suppose- was staring into an opened book, a thoughtful look on her face. It struck me that this was an all new emotion to her. Wispy had always seemed thoughtless, dictated by action instead of mind. Combined with her lack of speech, I had to admit I'd thought of her almost as something like a pet. A big, scary pet that kills things by screaming at them. Abandoning my chair and walking over to look at the book, I noticed a multitude of runes and symbols beside a short description of each one's meaning. I wondered for a moment why Wispy was so intrigued by this, and then it occurred to me that it might have something to do with the amulet around her neck. Scooting around to the opposite side as her to observe it better, I noticed it the rune at the center pulsated with light ever so slightly. I could be that I hadn't paid attention before now, but I was sure it hadn't done that before.

After a few minutes of staring at the page, Wispy finally looked up at me. She seemed relatively pleased to see me, her jagged mouth twisting upward into a grin. She scooted over to my side, nudging me forward slightly toward the door. I wondered what she was going on about now, but I followed her lead and exited the building. Once outside, she kept nudging me onward, toward a small hut with a chimney pouring smoke out of it. Inside was a number of machines, and two people I had also never seen before. I briefly wondered how long I'd been asleep. One of the people, a Goblin who quickly addressed himself as Greilo, nudged me over to a table where the other person, a redheaded human woman, was working. As my eyes trailed to her hands, I soon saw what it was that Wispy wanted me to see: Three trinkets, all packed with various mechanical components as well as magical essences. There seemed to be one for the three giant monsters we had seen before: An Eye, a Worm, and most ominously, a Skull. After a moment of watching her work, the nurse stopped by and told me it was time to change my bandages and get some more rest. Despite my fascination with what Wispy was preparing, I slowly turned and followed her out of the house, back to my hut.

~End of Chapter Fourteen~
~Chapter Fifteen coming sometime~

Was gonna write this in the morning, but I figured I'd get it done before bed.

~Chapter 15: Mecha Mayhem!~

Eventually, it was time. I'd healed up pretty quickly, and our two townspeople has finished what they'd been working on for so long. Gerald called me into the library in a last few hours of daylight, and when I got there it seemed that he and Wispy were already there waiting for me. The briefing was pretty quick. Essentially, the devices needed to be wound up, and then they would call forth great mechanical beasts to wreak havoc, and Wispy would need to defeat them. Seemed basic enough. My job was to activate the devices as Wispy lacked arms, as well as carry a few other items. Said items were as follows: A huge blade that should've weighed far more than it did, an orb made of some kind of clear crystal, and a handful of healing potions in case Wispy can't keep the Mechs' attention all to herself.

Eventually, it was time to head out. Tying the blade to my back and carrying the other things in my bag, we reached a wide clearing in the forest just as the sun slipped under the distant mountaintops. With slightly shaking hands, I took the devices out and started winding them up. Right before pressing the large red button on the Eye that would start the battle, I placed the orb on the ground and held the blade out to Wispy. She bit down on the flat edge about halfway through, leaving her with around four feet to work with on either side. After a second of staring into the orb, she finally turned to me as if to tell me to start it. Taking the hint, I hit the button. As soon as I did, I could feel a sense of dread. There was a slight rumbling I could feel coming deep underground, but rushing up to me with great speed. The air dropped several degrees in temperature, to the point I could see my breath in a misty cloud in front of me.

The Worm was the first to strike. A giant chrome head burst from a nearby hill, sweeping toward Wispy with immense speed. Unlike the fight with the other Worm, Wispy was ready for him. Sidestepping and taking advantage of his lack of maneuverability, she stuck the sharp end of the sword into the side, drawing a long but shallow scratch in the armor. However, the Worm wasn't the only one Wispy had to deal with. Soon, not one.. but
two eyes drifted down. Unlike the Worm, they seemed not to be made of metal, instead looking rather similar to the Eye we'd fought at the beginning of our time together. One of them, with a green eye, ignited the air in front of it, spitting out globs of putrid green flames. It didn't seem to be very accurate, and Wispy had no trouble dodging. The other eye, which seemed a bit less aggressive, stayed back among the clouds, occasionally shooting out a precise purple laser. Wispy didn't look like she minded these, letting them cut cleanly through her robe with little effect. I was keeping an eye out for the last attendant, the Skull, but he seemed to either not be around or waiting before showing himself. Either way, Wispy wasn't having too much trouble with the Worm, but a number of small flying orbs had taken to the sky and were firing a rather large amount of red beams at her. Eventually this seemed to get to be too much, planting the sword into the ground, and unleashing a scream. This had a rather immediate effect, popping out the large red lenses on the probes with a bright blue spark. In response to this, the Worm sprang forward, before twisting into what seemed to be an effort to wrap itself around her and crush her. After a second, it looked like it had succeeded. Turning its large red eye to me, it sprang forward. However, out of the coil it left behind sprang something... A huge sword. It landed solidly into the head of the Worm with amazing precision, and the lights dimmed slowly out, marking the death of the first Mechanical Beast, the Worm.

However, the victory was short lived. In response to the death of their brother, the two Eyes tossed away their flesh, leaving two hulking steel hulls trailing bloody tendrils, one sporting teeth and spouting a fountain of green flame, and the other with a thin barrel with a focusing lens on it, which was firing the lasers at much faster rates. The teeth one flew into Wispy, chomping hard. While Wispy was able to avoid the charge itself, that only led her into the perfect position to take a huge blast of flame from the gaping jaws. Before I could see what Wispy had for a comeback, a sound coming from above alerted me to the arrival of the last Mech: the Skull. Instead of watching Wispy, it seemed to have turned its cold eyes to me, but wasn't attacking. It seemed less bloodthirsty and more... curious. Whatever interest it had in me was soon lost as he drifted to back up the Eyes in a similar manner to the way they had the Worm: He drifted over them, firing explosive charges and lasers from two of his arms, and keeping the other two around himself. Wispy was busy showing off a new attack I'd never seen before, though. She was firing off short rapid bursts of lasers from her mouth, which were slowly but surely wearing down the Eyes' metal armor with their constant pelting. The fight seemed to be going in her favor, of course, but I couldn't help but notice that she was moving a bit sluggishly, and her cloak looked fairly scorched in spots. I think it was the first time I'd seen her injured. The teeth Eye was spotted all over with small holes and cracks that green flame was spewing out of, and the laser Eye wasn't in any better shape. With a final burst of lasers from Wispy, the laser Eye went dark and collided into the other, and both went up in a huge ball of stinking green fire. The Skull finally let out a roar that almost reminded me of a laugh in some ways, and entered the fray.

Even though the final and most powerful of the Mechs was engaging Wispy, the fight was a good bit simplified. Without having to worry about incoming fire from all directions, Wispy was able to focus more on the enemy in front of her, taking chomps at the large metal bones connecting the hands to the Skull, and keeping out of the way of the explosions. Sweeping a saw-like appendage at her, the Skull was not showing any bother to the bites. Wispy didn't look like she was just blindly biting him, but I was incapable of deciphering her tactics if she had any. Soon enough, though, she showed me, taking a secure hold of the bone with her jaw, and releasing on of her screams. The attached hand, a nasty looking vice, clacked at the air for a few seconds, before hanging limp and falling to the ground, nothing but scrap metal now. The Skull responded to this by opening multiple ports along itself from which emerged large spikes, and hurling itself into a spin toward her. This danger was avoided by a few hasty jumps backward by Wispy, and the Skull's normal attacks quickly resumed. The saw soon took another sweep, but found itself caught inside of Wispy's jaw. With a violent thrashing of her head and a growl, the hand was torn from the rest of the arm, which flailed for a moment before the two huge bone segments were tossed aside, one landing close enough I had to leap to my own safety. A minute of screaming soon shattered the lens of the laser hand, leaving the arm to fall limply to the ground. Another spinning spike charge later, Wispy grabbed ahold of the explosive cannon, pulling hard as she retreated behind me. With a sudden burst of speed, she charge forward, slamming the wrist of the hand into the sword that was still lying in the head of the Worm. Thanks to the blade's huge size, there was still a good length of the edge to work with, allowing Wispy to remove the last hand from the Skull. The Skull drifted close, then, stopping at only a few feet from Wispy, who began growling. The Skull started to seep a bright orange energy, and I wasn't sure if that was good or bad. Eventually the orange aura was so thick it was if the Skull itself was aflame, and it kept rattling. After a moment, Wispy bent back, and performed the first attack I'd seen her do, on the zombie during the first night. Slamming her head into the Skull, the jaw promptly fell off, the eyes went dark, and the fight was won.

Just in time, too. As I gathered the things I'd brought, the sun just barely broke over the horizon, leaving us with a beautiful sunrise to watch as we started the walk home.

~End of Chapter Fifteen~
~Chapter Sixteen coming hurk~

Aaawweeesome...! You also increased the size of chapters substantially. Cool!
You should now also probably change "Wispy getting his groove on" too, now that we know she is a she.

Sorry that it's been a while since I've been able to write a chapter. I'm a busy man.

~Chapter 16: The Road Ahead~

After the battle, I was tired. I don't even remember lying down, I just opened my hut's door and the next thing I know I'm waking up in my bed. I guess fighting giant metal monstrosities will do that to a guy. Having no idea where Wispy was, I made my way to the Library to talk to Gerald about why I just spent my night killing a bunch of robots. As I walked over, I noticed that most the buildings were dark inside, and the normal bustle of people was nowhere to be seen. A bit odd, but I soon saw why as I entered the the Library. Everyone was inside, listening quietly as Gerald issued orders. I was a bit worried, so when he finished I went up and asked him what it was all about. Here's a log of our conversation:

"Ah! Jared, there you are! Alright, listen closely."
"I'm all ears, but what exactly was that all about? And it's Aiden, by the way."
"Just preparations for what's to come, Jared. But anyway, pay close attention, this is important."
"The metal beasts you killed are... A seal, I suppose a good word is. A seal to a seal. Who holds the key to another seal. Which allows access to a god which is also a seal. Which holds back the final, most important seal. Lots of seals. But for now, all you need to know is that killing those beasts awoke something of a spirit of the Jungle. Plantera, the ancient texts call it. Or her, if you want to get technical. Killing her will give you a key. This key is very old, and very important. It will open a temple that is populated by Lizhards, which are essentially humans but better in almost every way. You need to kill their god. Wispy will know what to do."

"Uh... Kill giant plant, go to temple, kill god?"
"Essentially. When you finish that, come back here and I'll tell you what to do next."
"Sounds great. Just go kill a god. How hard can it be?"

It seemed Gerald had already gone back to some old texts, so I went to find Wispy. After a bit of wandering, I found her circling around my hut. I was about to head off, when it occurred to me I had no idea where the Jungle was. I figured there'd be some maps in the Library, but as I was heading back there, the strange lizard man from before poked me. Turning, I followed as he hopped off to a small hut at the edge of town. Then I realized something. Lizhard. Lizard. This guy was probably one of the temple people. I assumed he was friendly as Gerald was letting him stay, but I was wary anyway. Once inside the hut, I was greeting by him as well as a youthful looking woman wearing nothing but some vines. Turning my head, blushing, I noticed the other inhabitant. A giant, blue mushroom. Yay. Not exactly sure what I was doing here, I just stood there until the woman addressed me.

"Hello there, Aiden. I'm Maria, a Dryad. Gerald called me here, along with my two companions here. You'll have to forgive them, they haven't mastered English quite yet."
"Uh... Alright. So... What's going on here?"
"Well, first of all, we need to give you this."
*She handed me a rolled up map.*
"That will tell you how to reach the Jungle. Be careful not to lose it."

"Alright: Don't lose Jungle map. Gotcha. Anything else?"
"Just a word of advice. Be careful. Plantera is very old, but that does not mean she's weak. Don't drop your guard for a second."
"Sounds good. Can I go now?"
"Yes, you should probably head off as soon as possible. Oh, and remember: You're looking for a large pink flower. Destroy it, and then Plantera will come for you."

With a nod and a bow, I exited the hut and then me and Wispy were on our way.

~End of Chapter Sixteen~
~Chapter Seventeen coming who knows~

Yeah, it's been forever, but I figured it was time to continue onward with this.

~Chapter 17: You're in the Jungle, baby!~

Let me say one thing. The jungle is very, very hot. Dear god, I've never been so sweaty in my life. It didn't help that with every step my leg got stuck in the mud, making movement itself a tedious task. Wispy's usual aura or whatever one might call it kept the normal beasts at bay, which was a relief to me. The turtles and giant green flying things and really wierd blue jumpy bug-like creatures seemed rather peaceful, but I've heard more than enough stories of them smashing, ripping, and biting unprepared adventurers to bits. Sometimes I wonder how many times over I'd be dead if it weren't for Wispy, and this was definitely one of those times. Slowly the two of us trudged through the thick environment, whacking away giant flowers and ferns, and untangling ourselves from long vines that hung from the dense canopy above us. And by "we" I mean "me". Wispy doesn't appear to have any of these troubles. It's like nature's habitual troubles avoid her for some reason. If only I could be so lucky. Eventually, though, we finally stumbled across what I assumed we were looking for: A large pit, leading into the overgrown depths. Nervously hacking away vines obscuring the opening, I wondered what we were going to find down here. Nothing good, I could only expect.

As we ( Or rather I, Wispy just seemed to chuck herself downward ) slowly shimmied down the long vine rope, I noticed that it didn't take long for the rather small opening to quickly open up into a wide, immensely forested pit of plantlife. Somewhat nervous, I kept a close eye on an enormous yellow structure attached to the ceiling. Or rather, the swarms of enormous flying insects watching guard over it. I'd thought the Corruption was terrifying, sure, but this was something new. Herds of turtles underfoot, I waited until Wispy had clearly evacuated all the nasty monsters from the area before descending further, hesitantly placing my foot on the muddy ledge. Despite the cold hands of terror strangling my heart, I had to admire the beauty of the complex ecosystems they had here. However, my awe was soon disrupted as something I had disregarded as a vine leaned forward, obviously trying to bite my head off. In a wild panic, I swung my huge blade at it with all my strength, only stopping when I was no longer hitting anything. The vine/Evil demon plant lie on the ground, tattered to pieces. I was safe. For now. Despite my fear, Wispy soon decided we were taking too long, and nudged me down a long, twisting tunnel. I didn't like it, but I had to deal with it.

Soon enough we were out of the way of the huge caverns, instead traversing a long network of narrow tunnels. I had gained some composure, and me and Wispy were able to dispatch the carnivorous plants and giant insects with relative ease. Every once in a while, we would pass a small, ornately constructed shrine with some kind of treasure chest in it. Now equipped with some green gloves seemingly made of plant fibers and some wooden boots that created flowers ( Don't ask, I thought it was cool, okay? ), we trudged onward, our path illuminated only by the small delicate blue flowers and odd glowing green fungal clumps that grew everywhere. According to the guys that knew stuff, I was looking for a flower. Wonderful description. Sure, I found a flower. I found a whole lotta flowers. I even found a flower that I could put behind my ear. Yet no giant plant demon saw fit to devour my corpse. However, as I brushed away a thick net of vines, I found what I could only assume what was the flower. It was considerably huge, and illuminated everything with a pink, mystical glow. Wispy confirmed my hypothesis, bopping up and down and pushing me toward it. I had to wonder how she knew what we were looking for, but alas. Such thoughts would lead to nothing but a headache. Anyway, I scouted around, removing plants and thorns that could hinder me, and prepared to squash the flower.

~End of Chapter Seventeen~
~Chapter Eighteen coming probably a long time from now~

Oh yeah and a few people I think might like this and could provide me with some good tips: @Teal, @Derunih, and I think the other people I had in mind have read it already.

Dragging me to your work via tags. Expertly done, little frog `:p I shall have a read later.

EDIT: Cursed distractions... Much later, it seems `:sigh:

Last edited:
Woohoo, gonna try to pump out a chapter every day after school, and hopefully not disappear for days on end again.

~Chapter 18: Garden Warfare~

Finally fully prepared to face the worst this overgrown hell could provide, I took a battle stance and thrust my blade right into the pulsating pink plant. Bursting away, the vibrant petals quickly withered away, breaking down into a soft powder that quickly blew away on an unfelt wind. For a few minutes, I stood still with my blade out, ready to defend myself. As the seconds ticked by, it occurred to me that I really didn't know that this was the right flower, and Wispy couldn't be expected to be right all the time. Turning to return to the long trek through the caves, I suddenly came face to face- er, plant, with an even more giant version of the flower I had just obliterated. At that moment I unleashed probably the most high-pitched and pathetic scream of my life, and ran at speeds near the speed of light to the other side of the small clearing we were in, screaming for Wispy to do her usual stuff and save me. It also occurred to me through the terror that gripped me that even when I was faced with giant eyeballs, giant worms, giant skeletons, and robot versions of the aforementioned, I'd never been quite so terrified as I was in this place. Something to ask about Gerald about, I suppose. These thoughts were soon erased from my mind as Wispy positioned herself in front of me, hissing at the giant unholy monster plant. The Plant didn't like this, not one bit. Slowly, the large shining petals peeled away from the main body, revealing some giant, nasty, green jaw-like appendages. Slowly bobbing up and down, it coughed and hacked a moment, before spitting up a large barbed orb, which I barely scrambled out of the way of in time.

Wispy, it seemed, was done with the Plant's display of power. Ruffling her coat ( Something I had never seen before, I don't think ), she let out a short scream, which seemed to only anger the Plant. Seeing that her attacks weren't getting through, Wispy switched to a tactic of dodging a selection of small pink barbs and more thorny orbs, but I wasn't sure if she had a plan or not. So far, I don't think we'd faced a foe that she hadn't been able to deal with. That was actually a little terrifying. Okay, a LOT terrifying. Soon, my fears were confirmed when a long green tentacle with a nasty-looking vice on the end gripped her, tossing her to the side. Wispy hit the wall hard. As it neared me, I only had one thing in my hand, and I placed the blade's width in front of me, not wanting to see as the Plant devoured me. However, as I could feel the heat of it's mouth on my neck, a wondrous sound filled the chamber. It reminded me of humming, but it was as if I heard it not with my ears, but in my very soul. A very odd feeling. I was sure I'd heard the melody before, but I couldn't think of it. After a few minutes, I opened my eyes, and remembered to breath. The Plant was gone. No trace of it anywhere. Wispy was hopping up from where she'd lain crumpled just moments before, and a pain in my hand suddenly alerted me to the presence of a small key made out of a strange brown stone in my hand. Not sure how it got there, and not sure I wanted to know, I motioned to Wispy and yet again the two of us went marching into the depths.

~End of Chapter Eighteen~
~Chapter Nineteen coming tomorrow, hopefully~

List of Bosses down:
The Eye
The Worm
Robo Eye
Robo Worm
Robo Skeleton
The Plant

To go:
The Statue
The Lunatic
The Pillars
The God

Got through the entire thing. And... My only complain is that there isn't more! I like how it flows, and want to continue reading about this interesting character you have thought up.

One note, which I thought of... Early Wispy's pronouns. You change between ha and she a lot, to show the uncertain gender. Unless you want to keep the switching back and forth (Or can't be bothered editing, same as me `:p ) Then I suggest ones like they, them, and their. Sorry if that has already been brought up, again really enjoyed the read.

Got through the entire thing. And... My only complain is that there isn't more! I like how it flows, and want to continue reading about this interesting character you have thought up.

One note, which I thought of... Early Wispy's pronouns. You change between ha and she a lot, to show the uncertain gender. Unless you want to keep the switching back and forth (Or can't be bothered editing, same as me `:p ) Then I suggest ones like they, them, and their. Sorry if that has already been brought up, again really enjoyed the read.
Thanks! I'll get around to writing more soon... *Drags self away from anime*

On the matter of the pronouns, I used a pattern of he-they-she ( or was it he-she-they? ), inspired by a game I played once that dealt with a non-human character with undefined gender. No one else noticed that, interestingly enough. I wanted to kinda paint a picture that the Guide was circulating through seeing Wispy as the different genders, rather than just pinning her as a "They".

Thanks for the feedback, though!

Back
Top Bottom