• Video Game Characters

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • Kanto Kup™

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post your idea)

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What's the rest of your team so far? Because if you have a slow, bulky Regenerator pivoter like Galarian Slowking alongside your Mienshao that combo is really hard to break. That's called a Regenerator core, the concept being that they can keep swapping between each other safely, slowly chipping away at the opponent while remaining largely unscathed themselves.

It's not broken by any means, but it's a very strong backbone for a team.

What's the rest of your team so far? Because if you have a slow, bulky Regenerator pivoter like Galarian Slowking alongside your Mienshao that combo is really hard to break. That's called a Regenerator core, the concept being that they can keep swapping between each other safely, slowly chipping away at the opponent while remaining largely unscathed themselves.

It's not broken by any means, but it's a very strong backbone for a team.
I've showed pictures of the team so far; stupid gimmicky Porygon-Z, slightly less stupid gimmicky Meowscarada, and less stupid Excadrill.

I'm admittedly also considering trying to put together a team where I pick some of my favorite characters/ingame team members and put them all in one team, but that's just a random idea.

Tried to make the best possible set for each mon so far. Slowbro and Glowking are the two suggestions I have for Regenerator pivots if you want either of them.

Your team actually isn't terrible, only slight modifications to make each member's best set given the team. You don't really have to change anything, these are just suggestions.

Pory-Z is a gimmick pick just as a Pokémon so I didn't bother it. It's ok, actually a pretty good stallbreaker but I don't think we've gotten someone sadistic enough to make a stall team yet.

Meow is a pretty good set, regular spikes are better than toxic spikes though and Hone Claws is kinda pointless if your actual nuke is Leaf Storm (Special move). I don't hate Hone Claws as a choice, but give it Flower Trick and Triple Axel if you're gonna use it.

Excadrill was kinda fine, but this set is slightly better. Iron Head and tera Blast are equal in value, but only if you save tera for it which based on Pory-Z's set you will not. But EQ is kinda non-negotiable cuz it's insanely strong, SD is excellent, and Rapid Spin is very useful, so your last slot will be your brick break/Tera Blast/Iron Head slot.

Mienshao. Fake out, then base your next move off of what you think will happen. Pivot out with U-Turn, hit a psychic or ghost switchin with Knock Off, or nuke someone dumb enough to stay in on a weakness with High Jump Kick. Missing would suck, but you have regenerator.

Pivots. Don't feel like you have to use one, but they work really well with Mienshao and Future sight can force switces into Pokémon that your other Pokémon can handle. Chilly Reception is a really good switching move because it activates Snow, stopping Sun, Rain, or Sand teams in their tracks. Slowbro also works, albeit slightly less so.

You could also do that and just put Pokémon from past teams together. That's what my new Legue team is. Granted, two of them came from my regular competitive team but it's a solid enough concept.

Tried to make the best possible set for each mon so far. Slowbro and Glowking are the two suggestions I have for Regenerator pivots if you want either of them.

Your team actually isn't terrible, only slight modifications to make its best set given the team. You don't really have to change anything, these are just suggestions.
[snip]
I'll probably keep them as is for now to be honest. Mostly just personal preference.
You could also do that and just put Pokémon from past teams together. That's what my new Legue team is. Granted, two of them came from my regular competitive team but it's a solid enough concept.
It'd likely be a few from characters (I'd love to pick one of Esther's team members but the problem is this:
1705516922278.png
I can't easily see which ones are fine, aside from knowing that Tyko, Zaryl, and I think Ixia and Jano are good to go) and a few from past runs (or active but paused ones, mostly) to represent my favorites.
And one of them would be either Cirru (Emerald run Castform that spams water boosts) or Yoink (Emerald run Linoone who stayed on the team because he just kept. Giving. X Attacks and Rare Candies. I'm not even kidding I have like 20 X Attacks from just Yoink)

I probably won't put High Jump Kick on Mienshao to be honest. I know my luck too well and it's probably never gonna land (<- the same person who Metronome'd a Guillotine and landed it in FireRed when I wasn't even overleveled).

Jut realized that your Meowscarada has Petal Blizzard and not leaf storm lol
Hone claws is fine.
We both messed up, I was mentally correcting you and I called Petal Blizzard "Leaf Storm" and Leaf Storm "Petal Blizzard" before going "...Wait-"

Might go for Drain Punch on Mienshao. It's a move I like on a personal level (Solus, enough said) and it's decent(?)

Drain punch would have been my second reccomendation. If you're running below 2/3rds health, it can help top you off.
Drain Punch it is then

And now I have Drain Punch in at least two movesets and they're both from the Mienfoo line, you have no idea how satisfying that feels

Not sure if I'll have energy left to work on the team more today, so here's the current progress:
1705524950163.png

Back
Top Bottom