tModLoader The Thorium Mod

I was in single player, so I guess I'm just unlucky :/
Thanks for the response though.

If it happens with only thorium mod and it keeps happening super constantly on single then maybe reinstall thorium mod. Just in case it happens multiple times in successionl.

Love this mod! The new summoner items are so awesome and needed! The dragon skull minions (sorry, can't remember their name off the top of my head) look so completely badass, they're my favs currently. Please keep it up. I'll update tomorrow and check out the new goods. I'm going to donate as well, thanks tons!

well, looks like i need to update before i begin the final chapter of my world, golem, cultist, pumpkin/frost moon, pillars, then ragnarok left to defeat, i just hope rng with the prefixes for enemies doesnt give me a tough and rare prefix like it did with the destroyer... 240,000 HP...

Edit: the daedulus stormbow with holy arrows still shredded it, it was just a matter of who died first, because my health regened fast enough to not make me die in 2 seconds.

Love this mod! The new summoner items are so awesome and needed! The dragon skull minions (sorry, can't remember their name off the top of my head) look so completely badass, they're my favs currently. Please keep it up. I'll update tomorrow and check out the new goods. I'm going to donate as well, thanks tons!
You should totally check out the Sacrificial Dagger the Zombie NPC sells eventually, it's very Diablo 2 esque Necromancer feeling.

Edit: the daedulus stormbow with holy arrows still shredded it, it was just a matter of who died first, because my health regened fast enough to not make me die in 2 seconds.
Welcome to Destroyer the easiest boss in the planet because he has ninety million parts that share a healthbar and gets shredded by a single box in the sky with a rain cloud.
Maybe you could incorporate that nerf into the mod, cause I tried the same strategy and it really made it the usually heated battle less enjoyable :/
I don't see a reason too. There is a ton of methods that make him trivial in a fight if you bother trying them. Like the rain cloud staff, any summons that can fly, or making a small hole and shooting bullets down into him. Anything with piercing damage absolutely shreds him in no time at all. He's the easiest boss just because he's a worm enemy.

Welcome to Destroyer the easiest boss in the planet because he has ninety million parts that share a healthbar and gets shredded by a single box in the sky with a rain cloud.

I don't see a reason too. There is a ton of methods that make him trivial in a fight if you bother trying them. Like the rain cloud staff, any summons that can fly, or making a small hole and shooting bullets down into him. Anything with piercing damage absolutely shreds him in no time at all. He's the easiest boss just because he's a worm enemy.
True, true. I feel like expert also didn't do much, as avoiding the head pretty much guaranteed success

True, true. I feel like expert also didn't do much, as avoiding the head pretty much guaranteed success
Expert just makes his little dudes more annoying in all honesty. If you build a little box a little ways into the sky you can just afk sit there and never worry about damage except for them. Honestly I think its relatively fine though as killing him can lead to some hardmode things that will greatly help out against the other two.

even so, if you dont get lucky enough find either the nimbus rod or stormbow, its still like fighting a hydra with toothpicks, so nerfing them would be best done as a rarer drop chance than a damage down.

Expert just makes his little dudes more annoying in all honesty. If you build a little box a little ways into the sky you can just afk sit there and never worry about damage except for them. Honestly I think its relatively fine though as killing him can lead to some hardmode things that will greatly help out against the other two.
The probes aren't too annoying, being a good source of hearts. They also get slaughtered really easily by holy arrows.

The probes aren't too annoying, being a good source of hearts. They also get slaughtered really easily by holy arrows.
They vary depending on class. Summoners might have a bit more trouble taking them out. Rangers completely annhilate them all. Mages difficulty varies on if they spawn under the Nimbus or not dying on their way up. Melee and Throwers would probably have the worst time but if a melee places the box -just- right and farms something like an ice scythe then it should be much easier to just drop those on its body and shred him.

i know this is a bit random, but do you know anyway to use NPC models in paint? i want to try and sprite something as a idea for your mod, but i want to be able to use a NPC as a template to start off with.

They vary depending on class. Summoners might have a bit more trouble taking them out. Rangers completely annhilate them all. Mages difficulty varies on if they spawn under the Nimbus or not dying on their way up. Melee and Throwers would probably have the worst time but if a melee places the box -just- right and farms something like an ice scythe then it should be much easier to just drop those on its body and shred him.
In vanilla, Thrower is obsolete by then, so yeah, they'd get destroyed. I feel that any class can take it with proper prep, though it still may be a grindy battle.

well, looks like i need to update before i begin the final chapter of my world, golem, cultist, pumpkin/frost moon, pillars, then ragnarok left to defeat, i just hope rng with the prefixes for enemies doesnt give me a tough and rare prefix like it did with the destroyer... 240,000 HP...

Daedulus Stormbow is actualy not so OP, but only Holy Arrows, making deadly combination with Daedulus Stormbow. If Daedulus StormBow isgoing to be nerfed, trust me bow after that will be actually so useless. Do not blame bow, but only arrows.

In vanilla, Thrower is obsolete by then, so yeah, they'd get destroyed. I feel that any class can take it with proper prep, though it still may be a grindy battle.
I think vanilla Thrower could kill the Destroyer but they'd be destroyed by the other two. I only say this because dropping bombs on him would be a fast way to break him. You could also go the extra mile by building your safety box and then layering the area underneath it with ore that isn't destroyed by dynamite. Then just have fun absolutely blowing up everything with dynamite and anything else you have on hand. Keep something strong on hand for the probes though. But yeah it's a grindy battle for all classes.

Back
Top Bottom