tModLoader The Thorium Mod

How can I craft the Quasar's Flare? I wanted to check what crazy things it does, took necessary materials, but it seems I can't craft it.

How can I craft the Quasar's Flare? I wanted to check what crazy things it does, took necessary materials, but it seems I can't craft it.
I remember there was somethin *celestial*.Try show celestial stone/shell to guide.I can wrong

*After checking* Wrooong.Show luminite bar to guide.
[doublepost=1465150503,1465150045][/doublepost]
Bah...here full recipy to that stuff
RNGvyIz.png

This actually gives me an idea. I personally think that if you give yourself higher jumping ability, it's your responsibility to manage it properly. However, I do consider the Zephyr accessory to be a bit pointless as it stands, with all of the other things that can increase speed - particularly any of the sprint boots. If it had, not full fall protection but the ability to let you fall farther before you take damage (basically, treat falls as X% shorter), that would make it a lot more useful.

Though...I'd also accept making it an alternative to the Anklet of the Wind in making the Lightning Boots (or an ingredient with one of the Cobbler's boots to make one or more forms of sprint boots, come to that).

EDIT: Actually, I personally don't get much use out of the Cobbler, simply because the Vanilla boots are so good. I'd love to see more content based around the boots, to make them more of an alternative. For instance...

Zephyr + Steel-Toed Boots: Perseus Boots, +2 Defence, Allows the wearer to run super-fast.

Perseus Boots + Strange Alien Tech: Hover Boots, As Perseus Boots, plus allows the wearer to glide (like the Flying Carpet and Hoverboard).

Rocket Boots + Turbo Boots: Mach Boots, Combined effects of both, plus the ability to dash by double tapping a direction (no damage to mobs, but high knockback).

Slag Stompers + Lava Waders + Molten Scale: Dragon Jackboots, the effects of all the included, but with complete immunity to lava.

...just as some examples.

Can't fault the ideas, but not sure if there's some overlap with Quality of Life or not, jus saying ^^;

Can't fault the ideas, but not sure if there's some overlap with Quality of Life or not, jus saying ^^;

Well, there shouldn't be, since all of the suggestions I made use items from this mod. That aside, I think it would be impossible to avoid overlap with other mods entirely. I mean, I personally don't like to use this alongside Tremor because there's just so much overlap, but other people do. It's all a matter of preference, really.

Is it possible for a mod to edit vanilla fishing catches? As it stands now, every single pre-hardmode armor is outclassed by the Molten Armor... which is technically a pre-EoC armor. Preventing the Reaver Shark from being caught before Skeletron, or even WoF, would actually give a purpose to this mod pre-hardmode. It would also fix the vanilla game's single largest balance issue.

I still haven't reached the Lich and Ragnarök, I can't wait to battle them. But making nice-looking houses is more important. :p

Is it anything major or can all players actually enjoy playing?
There's some buggy stuff like some staves working strangely and some boss summoning items not working all the time (and Queen Jellyfish not working at all), but my friends and I have been able to have a fun enough time playing Expert.

Hey, are there any workarounds for summoning the two glitched bosses (Thunder Bird and Queen Jellyfish) in multiplayer? Thanks.
from what people seem to have suggested, and from me trying myself, the thunder bird should spawn if you are alone, and everyone else is far enough away from you, and the queen jelly may possibly work if everyones standing in the ocean when you spawn it.
i'm not too sure myself, i have been playing multiplayer a bit with a friend, the thunderbird spawned fine, ut the queen jelly unfortunatly didnt.

Hey, are there any workarounds for summoning the two glitched bosses (Thunder Bird and Queen Jellyfish) in multiplayer? Thanks.
Thunderbird just kinda works when it feels like it, so you have to get a couple flares.
Queen Jellyfish pretty much doesn't work at all in multi, sadly.

Well, there shouldn't be, since all of the suggestions I made use items from this mod. That aside, I think it would be impossible to avoid overlap with other mods entirely. I mean, I personally don't like to use this alongside Tremor because there's just so much overlap, but other people do. It's all a matter of preference, really.
Didn't quite say they were the same, as I said, seems all good :)

Is it possible for a mod to edit vanilla fishing catches? As it stands now, every single pre-hardmode armor is outclassed by the Molten Armor... which is technically a pre-EoC armor. Preventing the Reaver Shark from being caught before Skeletron, or even WoF, would actually give a purpose to this mod pre-hardmode. It would also fix the vanilla game's single largest balance issue.

I still haven't reached the Lich and Ragnarök, I can't wait to battle them. But making nice-looking houses is more important. :p

You could try not sequence breaking. <3

I don't think it's Thorium's job to radically alter the base game, just expand on it. It's on you to practice restraint on rushing the best stuff as fast as possible.

Back
Top Bottom