tModLoader The Thorium Mod

I'm glad to hear you enjoy the content! :happy: Truth is, the effects for the TerraBow and TerraStaff already exist, but I just don't have an appropriate sprite yet. I've been trying to get a good one going, but haven't had much luck. Just know that they will be made and sometime soon as well.
You mind if I try taking a shot at making them?

Well be my guest, but beware my standards!
Is this good enough?
TerraStaff.png

*Can make spaghetti* Does that meet your standards? :3
That's good to hear though, about the staff and bow. I'm excited to see them in action! Also, seriously, HOW do you people work so fast? >___>
Also, I've been finding a bit of a problem when playing modded Terraria lately... It's so easy to accidentally miss content or fight a boss out of order. Does anyone have any tips for general progression order to follow? Or are there any challenges/playthroughs that any of you have done to make it more crucial to seek out all the secrets and items?

*Can make spaghetti* Does that meet your standards? :3
That's good to hear though, about the staff and bow. I'm excited to see them in action! Also, seriously, HOW do you people work so fast? >___>
Also, I've been finding a bit of a problem when playing modded Terraria lately... It's so easy to accidentally miss content or fight a boss out of order. Does anyone have any tips for general progression order to follow? Or are there any challenges/playthroughs that any of you have done to make it more crucial to seek out all the secrets and items?

For the most part it's just memory. Boss order in Thorium is generally Thunderbird > King Slime > EoC > corrupt biome boss > queenbee/skeletron/queen jellyfish in any order, WoF, Beholder, Mechs, Lich/Plantera (Lich is hard, so no shame in waiting) Pumpkin Moon, Golem, Frost Moon/Duke/Martians (any order) Lunatic Cultist, Ragnarok/Moon Lord.

There's also a specific sequence of biome exploration that I consider to be "the intended sequence" but that's harder to map out because it also depends on what you're doing. For the most part though, if you want to "find everything" just follow the boss sequence and spend time in each of their zones, showing all materials to the guide that you find. You should find MOST things like this, with only certain secret items being particularly elusive (SEARING BLADE.)

It appears as if the minion from the Meteor Head Staff is doing significantly less damage per hit than is indicated by its tooltip. Seems to be doing more like 7-8 damage rather than 16.

I noticed that the Soul Forge armors and weapons have less defense and effect power than the Chlorophyte, why is this? You can only get them after beating Plantera, so why are they weaker than Pre-Plantera items?

Just by the way, since it's been in the game for a multitude of patches now and has been broken for all of them, the Magik Staff and the Amber Augmented Magik Staff still don't work. You hit mobs and it just does the original damage, the debuffs do nothing ^^

I've said it before, but people don't donate for balanced items nor do they want me to try and balance them. They want the item to do everything and deal 10000 damage. I cant knock them though, since in their mind they're paying for an item, and they want their moneys worth...
Maybe you could just mark it in the tooltip that the items are "Donated by _____" so that people know they're less balanced than other mod specific items.

Last edited:
Maybe you could just mark it in the tooltip that the items are "Donated by _____" so that people know they're less balanced than other mod specific items.
Well that's not always the case. There's a few items that are absurdly powerful and he DOES mark those with *Cheat Weapon* in the description.

Well that's not always the case. There's a few items that are absurdly powerful and he DOES mark those with *Cheat Weapon* in the description.
Those certainly do help, but I've come across a lot of early game material that was too overpowered and didn't realize it until later that it was a donator item. The *cheat weapon* status seems to apply to very endgame weapons, and marking every item as *Donated by ____* would help people steer clear (if they so choose) from overpowered items throughout their playthrough, not just endgame. Plus, marking endgame items as *cheat weapons* probably makes people use them less, considering they're "cheating"

Sam, remember when I said that you should give the cook the ability to make special food if you give him the correct ingredients? Well I came up with some ideas for recipes and also I was thinking that it should probably take him a while to make the food. The recipes are rough so if you do add this as a mechanic, feel free to adjust the recipes however you like.

Here are my ideas for recipes:

Pumpkin Soup - Pumpkin + Fireblossom + Water Bottle

Blueberry Pie - 10 Blueberries + Hay (Can act as Wheat) + Water Bottle

Seafood Chowder
- Shrimp + Salmon + Some other Ocean Fish

I'll post more if I come up with any.

I'm really new on this forum, but i can't seem to find any information about the Searing Blade
8f3aed95d9514e41af4c24657b18f81d.jpeg

There are some more items i couldn't find on the contents list of this mod. I'd like to know where to get these items.
Great mod, i'm loving it. Died about 200+ times already haha

I'm really new on this forum, but i can't seem to find any information about the Searing Blade
8f3aed95d9514e41af4c24657b18f81d.jpeg

There are some more items i couldn't find on the contents list of this mod. I'd like to know where to get these items.
Great mod, i'm loving it. Died about 200+ times already haha
The folded metal is sold by the Blacksmith while holding the Black Hammer in your inventory

It appears as if the minion from the Meteor Head Staff is doing significantly less damage per hit than is indicated by its tooltip. Seems to be doing more like 7-8 damage rather than 16.

That would be the effect of the defense stat.

I noticed that the Soul Forge armors and weapons have less defense and effect power than the Chlorophyte, why is this? You can only get them after beating Plantera, so why are they weaker than Pre-Plantera items?

Titan stuff, or items like berserker/harbinger stuff? The former can be gotten as soon as all the mechs are down, and the latter are pretty strong in their own right, but aren't really meant to be "upgrades" to the usual vanilla armors. Sidegrades more like.

Titan stuff, or items like berserker/harbinger stuff? The former can be gotten as soon as all the mechs are down, and the latter are pretty strong in their own right, but aren't really meant to be "upgrades" to the usual vanilla armors. Sidegrades more like.
Beserker/Harbinger. And if they're meant to be sidegrades, why aren't they at least equal to the vanilla armors they parallel?

Back
Top Bottom