tModLoader The Thorium Mod

Sorry if this was asked, but I am new to mods. Do I have to recreate a world once I load this mod, or can I use one I have been playing on?

Last edited:
Sorry if this was asked, but I am new to mods. Do I have to recreate a world once I load this mod, or can I use one I have been playing on?
You can play on an older world, but Thorium Ore, Smooth Coal and Magma ore will be much harder to come by. Life Quartz will also be unobtainable, which is all but required for a healer playthrough (if your playing multiplayer).

its not 100% needed to make a new world to play the mod, but it makes some earlier resources (thorium, magma ore, smooth coal, life quartz) much harder to get, and life quartz is pretty much a no-no on older worlds, but they arent massively needed for progression.

Holy mother of all balls Ragnarok armor is AMAZING! Sadly, the boss fight was easier than the Moon Lord, but really cool and fun.

@DivermanSam Hey mate, in Multiplayer if a player uses a summon/pet or mount, they glitch out severely and seem to teleport around everywhere without any animation to the other players. On their screen it looks and plays fine, but to everyone else they look super glitchy and teleport around everywhere. For instance, my friend is currently using the bubble jellyfish from the Queen Jellyfish for his pet and anywhere he goes it looks like he's on a slime mount (he isn't) and he glitches around and teleports. As soon as he removes the pet he goes to normal walking and looks completely fine. This exact thing happens if he uses a modded mount (such as the crab mount) as well. Any ideas? I think it may be a tModloader problem since it happens with other modded mounts/pets too, but I thought you might know a way to fix it/a way to talk to the tmodloader dev about it.

To get illumite, do I need to start a new world? Loaded an older one, killed Plantera a couple times, no go on the illumite.

I know from looking at recipes that Family Heirloom combines with the Dormant Hammer to make the Mjolnir (so I sure hope you didn't chuck the heirloom for being "useless"....)

Terra Items drop their Broken Hero counterparts from the Mothron (I know because I did a Solar Eclipse after the patch and 2 Broken Hero Staves dropped basically right away) and you just combine the Night's-type weapon and Hallowed weapon of those damage types to get the "True" editions, then those two True ones to get the Terra item. By the by, Terra Staff is awesome. It may have a short time on the screen but you can use it combined with the Wither Staff and Toxic Flask to kill Golem in under 30 seconds with Reality Breaker, easy.

Hmm a Scarab boss would be cool!1.3.3 may add something like it but who knows???
Also that was really helpful thanks!! Saikoureality

Back
Top Bottom