tModLoader The Thorium Mod

The OP says that upon killing Plantera the world should be enriched with illumite and I haven't gotten any I installed cheat sheet and they are still in the game files so is it effectively removed or is it a bug/glitch. I have also killed the fallen beholder like 7 times and I haven't gotten a single spawn of loadstone but I know how wonky percentages are so I wont call this a bug but just something worthy of note. anyways, I love the mod looking forward to dying repeatedly to Ragnarok :)
If your in multiplayer, that's 100% the issue. Valadium and Lodestone in the current public version of the mod is only able to generate four times each. So four spawns of Valadium and four spawns of Lodestone. However, in multiplayer, the flag that checks for the amount of spawns in a world is kinda broken, so there's no limit. That's also most likely why Illumite doesn't appear at all.

Not sure if it's been brought up previously [I might have missed it though] but there seems to be a really interesting bug with the Crystalline Charm in Multiplayer. It gives you extreme range on pickaxes while also unfortunately sapping the range of everyone's else. It makes creating contained boxes easier but it is quite annoying when you have to constantly pick up and drop your pickaxe if you're hit by the negative range.
Well known and has been fixed for the next version. :happy:

How to get the three mechincal creations?
I'm assuming you mean The Twins, Destroyer and Skeletron Prime? Just summon them with mechanical eyes, worms and skulls.

So i'd like to point out some problems that I really hope will get fixed during any of the following updates to this pretty amazing mod:
  • The Flight Armor set bonus can be exploited by holding down the space bar in low gravity after flight time is over, which makes you float indefinitely and even gain height.
  • Grave Limb attached to your face floats really high when mounted.
OfyozUH.jpg
  • The Star Scouter acts really weirdly, in that:
    • It sticks around after you die, it doesn't run away like other bosses.
    • It doesn't make your respawning time get longer.
    • It always aims about 10 degrees counterclockwise from your current location.
  • The Danger Doomerang(s) act sort of weirdly too:
    • 2 of them launch at once from a single item.
    • One of them pierces the first enemy and then returns after hitting something else or reaching it's limit, while the other returns after hitting anything.
    • They can almost never be launched when standing on a slope.
    • Akin to the Star Scouter, their aim is also wrong with about 10 degrees, this time clockwise.
YCoc6fr.jpg

Qm6CiRp.jpg
  • Jellyfish Resonators don't check for an Ocean Biome, they only check for water proximity and daytime, allowing you to spawn the Queen Jellyfish wherever there's water.
And I guess there's also some really small suggestions, like:
  • Maybe fix the Ocean Chestguard stretching it's pixels in it's walking animation, just how most vanilla armors used to before 1.3.
  • Maybe nerf the Bellerose's tornado distance or make it break on contact with blocks, it's really weird when I break stuff from really far away, like, for instance, a Queen Bee Larva from a beehive that's nowhere near me.
    • Speaking of the Bellerose, you could probably change that misleading tooltip to "Hold UP or DOWN to control your descent".
  • Maybe make the Queen Glowstick launch some other kind of glowstick that doesn't have a 1/3 chance of coming back as an item, just so you won't have a 1/3 chance of getting free money.

Last edited:
I think the Danger Doomerang's effect is intended, both it and the bow fire two shots, which makes it seem like one of the unique properties of the set, though I don't think the melee weapons carry that feature. I've personally found the boomerang quite useful, but the bow very difficult to use.

If we're pointing out general fixes, first thing that comes to mind is a typo that has been around forever. The "Poison Vile" accessory that you can purchase from the Desert Traveller does appear to be a vial of poison, so shouldn't it be Poison Vial?

Forget that 1/3 chance of getting the glowstick back from the Queen Glowstick, I just found that, bizarrely, the buy and the sell price for the Water Walking Boots is exactly the same, which means you can very easily just constantly buy and sell them. And because they're an accessory, this can only give you more and more money, because you can buy it with a positive modifier and sell it for a profit.
Undeniably, this is an exploit that needs to get out of this mod.

And I didn't even think about it, but it can probably be paired with the Silver Tongue potion for an even more broken money making exploit... So... yeah.

Forget that 1/3 chance of getting the glowstick back from the Queen Glowstick, I just found that, bizarrely, the buy and the sell price for the Water Walking Boots is exactly the same, which means you can very easily just constantly buy and sell them. And because they're an accessory, this can only give you more and more money, because you can buy it with a positive modifier and sell it for a profit.
Undeniably, this is an exploit that needs to get out of this mod.

And I didn't even think about it, but it can probably be paired with the Silver Tongue potion for an even more broken money making exploit... So... yeah.

Do you know how many ways in this game there is to make absurdly easy money? One more isn't really an issue imo

Eh doesn't seem worth the time to fix it, more important stuff to deal with first. Like the final content update atm.

so eventually is fine,

it seems that the shine shoes buff make yr character glitch out in multiplayer . constant 5 damage ticks and then recover life and teleporting around.the thorium shield does too it seems.maybe its just me having other mods?

it seems that the shine shoes buff make yr character glitch out in multiplayer . constant 5 damage ticks and then recover life and teleporting around.the thorium shield does too it seems.maybe its just me having other mods?

The answer is, Thorium's too big.

It has way too many buffs that it overflows Tmodloader or something, which makes many of the modded buffs render as vanilla buffs or debuffs over a server.

You can see this all over the place. Mounts, summons, and yes, even the shoe buff, will display incorrectly in multi. It all works fine, everything will behave as it should, you will just see buggy behavior in your own instance of the game.

You guys are on the right track with your assessments of my "last" update, but there is an unfortunate truth to it. This next update will be the last major content update I add to the mod. Any further updates I release will be dedicated to bug fixes, visual improvements, balance, better consistency, etc. There is a possibility for a sort of Thorium Mod : Part 2, but I dunno... I'll have to play it by ear.

I'll be sure to elaborate further when I fully release the update, but trying to juggle my job, the mod and other stress inducers can get the best of you sometimes. :sigh:

Here's some small spoilers just in case you guys think I'm dead...
OJzjUU4.png
OxcAy6P.png
This look awesome, and hopefully this one is released :)

the thorium pax is acting weird for me. it's flat out not working most of the time, but if i click using my technique for cookie clicker i can dig through the stone at a snails pace because every great once in awhile it'll swing. also, icy arrows need a buff, they are directly inferior to frostburn arrows which have the same barrier to entry (getting to a snow biome and getting a crafting material).

Last edited:
thee thorium pax is acting weird for me. it's flat out not working most of the time, but if i click using my technique for cookie clicker i can dig through the stone at a snails pace because every great once in awhile it'll swing. also, icy arrows need a buff, they are directly inferior to frostburn arrows which have the same barrier to entry (getting to a snow biome and getting a crafting material).
Not sure what the issue with your thorium pax is :confused:, but Icy arrows and Frostburn arrows don't do the same thing. Make sure your up to date on the mod and try them out, you'll see they have very different effects.

So here's a little spoiler for one of the armors you can make in the depths. I'm sure you guys know which class its for.
KF7iC86.png
Oooh. That looks so good. Can't wait to try this out. Also is the new Depths part of that biome creator thing I saw mention of a while back?

Not sure what the issue with your thorium pax is :confused:, but Icy arrows and Frostburn arrows don't do the same thing. Make sure your up to date on the mod and try them out, you'll see they have very different effects.
just realized why it was breaking, i play with "even more modifiers" which adds modifiers to weapons, armor, accesories, and tools; and it decided to give my pickaxe a mana cost. this will be resolved when i find a lucky die and reroll the modifier.

just realized why it was breaking, i play with "even more modifiers" which adds modifiers to weapons, armor, accesories, and tools; and it decided to give my pickaxe a mana cost. this will be resolved when i find a lucky die and reroll the modifier.
Or you can sell it, rebuy it, throw it on the ground, pick it up, and it should be different unless hiccup fixed that glitch.

Back
Top Bottom