tModLoader The Thorium Mod

i'll just leave this here... been doing a "prepare to cry edition" playthrough and flesh armor is starting to feel extremely overpowered. it's not that great when everything one hits you but for the majority of people this is actually AFK tank moon lord type stuff. there is other persistent damages you can employ that will give an entire dummy field cap of flesh... my line here is currently healing me for 35-40 a second. :nurseeek:

View attachment 159109
that's pretty dumb and easily fixed. make dummies not drop suitable flesh.

The danger dual shot seems kinda overpowered for being obtainable just after the EoC. While it's accuracy at longer ranges is a bit eh, it's fast fire rate and decent damage combined with the double shot make it easily able to out preform pretty much every other bow weapon of the tier and quite a few later ones. And it's knockback easily pushes away any non boss enemies if it doesn't outright kill them.

Well, it *is* possible I don't know what I am getting myself into. But I modded Doom for years, and if it is just cleaning up PNGs then there shouldn't be anything to it. Open it up, CAREFULLY use the eraser on the areas that should be blank/transparent, save, do it again for the next one. Um... I can use Microsoft Paint, right? That is the only program I *know* I can get a full transparency with on Windows XP.

My Doom mod (used EDGE/3DGE) had about 4000 sprite flats to edit/keep updated/etc. I ain't the world's greatest artist, but I can definitely erase stuff with a fine-tooth comb. The main problem I *do* see is the sheer amount of images that must be in your mod. The good news? Only a comparatively small portion of them suffer the white-out problem, mostly new images since around 1.12.****, at least as far as I can tell. The worst offenders so far are the Reality Slasher (neat sickle, BTW) and the Bloodthirsty Warg mount: they are both completely white. I can't figure the Warg, though, except that there might be a sprite overlay effect in front of it. The sickle, though, may just be that I can't make out the fast-moving handle on a white background. I can see the blades okay, though.

The danger dual shot seems kinda overpowered for being obtainable just after the EoC. While it's accuracy at longer ranges is a bit eh, it's fast fire rate and decent damage combined with the double shot make it easily able to out preform pretty much every other bow weapon of the tier and quite a few later ones. And it's knockback easily pushes away any non boss enemies if it doesn't outright kill them.

i think the danger dual-shot is fine overall it's just that bows are generally really weak and almost no one seems to care.

Can you make the Marine stone walls obtainable, so we can build artificial biomes? because right now, my aquatic depths biomes always get corrupted or disappear completely, leaving a giant hole under the beach. Is it even possible to make an Artificial Aquatic depths biome in other locations other than the beach? thank you :)

i have an idea for this mod ! what about you guys add some more content about the scandinavian mythology ? like a loki boss or something...

i think the danger dual-shot is fine overall it's just that bows are generally really weak and almost no one seems to care.
While I don't disagree with most pre hard mode bows being underpowered, the dual shot is very strong for when you get it. It has a dps of ~115 with fire arrows. Comparably, the minishark has ~112 with silver bullets. The dualshot not only beats it in raw dps with cheaper ammo, it's also better against enemies with higher defense. While at long range the shark has an advantage due to less spread, that doesn't really apply to bosses due to their huge size and against crowds of enemies due to larger numbers. Also it's made of 8 easy shards while the shark costs 35g.

Will throwers ever get a lunar tier armor set? Healers get the celestial set, so why don't throwers get an armor set for in between Shade Master and Tide Turner w/Crown?

I'll second this, thoirum has some really nice throwing armour and thrower has a bit of an awkward gap between its dungeon and Ragnarok tier armour. So I'd like to see a set added to help smooth this gap out as well.

Providence is post - Ragnarok?

eventually there will be 6-7 post ragnarok bosses depending on if you're buffing them or not, and if you know how worms work, but i don't think providence is harder than ragnarok if you're on expert.

if you are buffing bosses with the demon trophy/celestial onion then mechanical bosses are pretty much post-ragnarok. i've just killed them on my current playthrough and prime is a real pain... 10 times the health means you're almost 100% going to have to deal with a dungeon guardian form and it took me an eternity to kill it... because it started at 104k health at 4:30 am on my first kill of it.

on the flesh armor dummy thing you can get even stronger effect just by making a similar set up that holds summon creatures... so that won't actually fix the problem, or heck, even just normal spawns if you use conveyors or hoiks to move them where you need them

Today I witnessed Ragnarok while playing alongside a friend.

...I am both amazed and scared out of my mind of this boss. I begin to wonder how I am even going to TRY and face these three alone as a Summoner, especially with Omnicide's death countdown...

Today I witnessed Ragnarok while playing alongside a friend.

...I am both amazed and scared out of my mind of this boss. I begin to wonder how I am even going to TRY and face these three alone as a Summoner, especially with Omnicide's death countdown...
8JYu4Uy.gif

if you can dodge a wrench you can dodge a death...

Eh, look... I have beaten Dark Souls II and all DLC (except for the Ivory King's guard fight) without cheating. There's a difference between difficult-but-rewarding and "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!! I HATE YOU!! WHERE DID I LEAVE MY GAS CAN AND MATCHES!?" fights (look up "The Fume Knight"). To be honest, I don't really have the time (with a 13-hour-shift job and a girlfriend) to learn how to defeat stuff much more difficult than the Moon Lord on Expert, nor am I inclined too. The problem with Terraria and other games is that the bosses are NOT optional, you can't just say "screw it" because crafting materials, items, NPCs, events, etc. are locked until said boss is defeated.

On the other hand, Cheat Sheet is awesome for customizing user experience... Ragnarok? There's an insta-kill button for that! :)

The core problem with all gameplay suggestions is this: what is "fun"? Some people like mindless wandering and fighting nothing more dangerous than blobs, because they want to make an awesome base and play dress-up (I know, I have a sister who plays that way). Others are for the combat, like me, because I like popping stuff with weird toys due to stress, curiousity, and because I can. OTHERS like the *challenge*, which I can relate to, but different levels of challenge are comfortable for different people. You want to beat Ragnarok the hard way, that's okay, I have the Cheat Sheet workaround. But we should be mindful of poor souls who are compelled to play the game the "right" way, and just don't have the skill to kill a string of bosses in 5 minutes.

Plus I find Ragnarok annoying for a different reason: I can't outrun it, and it keeps killing me outright in 20 seconds or less. It's *obviously* possible to win, since it's been done by others, but I am not willing to invest time to learn. Sometimes I miss having spare time and no responsibilities... ;)

Plus I find Ragnarok annoying for a different reason: I can't outrun it, and it keeps killing me outright in 20 seconds or less. It's *obviously* possible to win, since it's been done by others, but I am not willing to invest time to learn. Sometimes I miss having spare time and no responsibilities... ;)

Asphalt runway + Terrarium Boots = Outrun anything. Me and my friend built one for Moon Lord, and it works just as well for 'ol Rag. Granted, some of his attacks can deter this, but they CAN be outrun. Even to the point they despawn. Best advice? Run far enough away from them, but not too far. We did despawn the boss by running TOO fast.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom