tModLoader The Thorium Mod

Although this thread is probably littered with what i am looking for, unfortunately i am not ablke to find it.

What is this class stuff eeveryone is speaking of, and i am seeing in game?

BUG: Putting the Silver Mouthpiece into decorative slot causes a ctd
Screenshot_21.png

Although this thread is probably littered with what i am looking for, unfortunately i am not ablke to find it.

What is this class stuff eeveryone is speaking of, and i am seeing in game?
Thorium Mod adds 2 classes: Healer and Bard
The newest update just introduced the Bard class, so everyone is talking about it
I'm doing an all-class-but-mostly-bard playthrough with a few other big mods and I'm enjoying these bard weapons so far! :happy:

Thorium Mod adds 2 classes: Healer and Bard
The newest update just introduced the Bard class, so everyone is talking about it
I'm doing an all-class-but-mostly-bard playthrough with a few other big mods and I'm enjoying these bard weapons so far! :happy:
ok, but is it just a build, like what you can do with vanilla terraria, or is it an actual class, and how does it work exactly, was what i was trying to ask.

ok, but is it just a build, like what you can do with vanilla terraria, or is it an actual class, and how does it work exactly, was what i was trying to ask.
healer and bard class are to be played in multiplayer because the classes help other players, play them in single player is not worth.

A "class" in Terraria is a specific build that utilizes armours and their set bonuses, and their specific weapons with the damage type to augment a playstyle.

Like how Necro Armor is for Rangers who do Ranged Damage, and Bows do Ranged Damage.
And Fossil Armour or Ninja Armour is for Throwers who do Throwing Damage, and various consumables like the Shuriken deals Throwing Damage.
And the Spooky Armour is for Summoners who uses Summon weapons that deal Summon damage.

In Vanilla the classes are: Melee, Ranged, Magic, Throwing, and Summon. They all play differently.

So now in ThoriumMod, in addition to the Vanilla classes, you have the Bard class who deals Symphonic Damage, and the Healer class who deals Radiant Damage.

EDIT: The Healer, while still able to deal damage, is severely gimped in terms of damage but makes up for it with powerful healing abilities for other players. They directly restore the health of other players, mostly.

The Bard, new addition, buffs themselves and other players whenever their weapons hit enemies. The buffs are short-lived but they're able to sustain it as long as they attack. They also have weird "Huge Instruments" that they can deploy on the field, like the Summoners' turrets--except it only works when the bard is near it (playing it) and that they do a variety of effects like buff Movement Speed of the Bard and and his allies.

Last edited:
healer and bard class are to be played in multiplayer because the classes help other players, play them in single player is not worth.
I'm playing Bard in Single Player right now and my character is very powerful IMO
And their buffs also help themselves not just other players

Warning- do not play thorium with the mod antisocial enabled. Antisocial enables social accessories to have there effects enabled. By putting a bard accessory in the social category it will crash the game.

Guys any help on this ?
The mp3 sound file at Sounds/Music/Aqua.mp3 failed to load
at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.Autoload()
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.do_Load(Object threadContext)

Inner Exception:
Insufficient memory to continue the execution of the program.
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Helpers.GetExceptionFromResult(UInt32 result)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.SoundEffect.AllocateFormatAndData(Byte[] format, Byte[] data, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.SoundEffect..ctor(Stream stream)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.SoundEffect.FromStream(Stream stream)

Edit: I downgraded the tModloader and it works just fine. I find it weird that on 0.10.0.2 it doesn't tell that the mod is outdated or from another version (also others mods like tremor and calamity they all say that they are outdated)

Last edited:
Pretty big bug, bard accessories crash the game when put in the vanity slot. I dont know if this affects all bard accessories, so far I've only seen it with the silver mouthpiece and plunger mute.

A "class" in Terraria is a specific build that utilizes armours and their set bonuses, and their specific weapons with the damage type to augment a playstyle.

Like how Necro Armor is for Rangers who do Ranged Damage, and Bows do Ranged Damage.
And Fossil Armour or Ninja Armour is for Throwers who do Throwing Damage, and various consumables like the Shuriken deals Throwing Damage.
And the Spooky Armour is for Summoners who uses Summon weapons that deal Summon damage.

In Vanilla the classes are: Melee, Ranged, Magic, Throwing, and Summon. They all play differently.

So now in ThoriumMod, in addition to the Vanilla classes, you have the Bard class who deals Symphonic Damage, and the Healer class who deals Radiant Damage.

EDIT: The Healer, while still able to deal damage, is severely gimped in terms of damage but makes up for it with powerful healing abilities for other players. They directly restore the health of other players, mostly.

The Bard, new addition, buffs themselves and other players whenever their weapons hit enemies. The buffs are short-lived but they're able to sustain it as long as they attack. They also have weird "Huge Instruments" that they can deploy on the field, like the Summoners' turrets--except it only works when the bard is near it (playing it) and that they do a variety of effects like buff Movement Speed of the Bard and and his allies.
Thank you.

That was what i thought, but i know that some mods add actual classes, as in an rpg class, without the mod turing terraria into an rpg itself, like with N terraria.

Hello! I'm sure it was mentioned before but how ores from this mod generate along with TerraCustom and LargeWorldEnabler? Are the ores going to be rarer than usual? This question probably should be posted on terracustom or largeworldenabler thread though...

Hello! I'm sure it was mentioned before but how ores from this mod generate along with TerraCustom and LargeWorldEnabler? Are the ores going to be rarer than usual? This question probably should be posted on terracustom or largeworldenabler thread though...

I totally didn't think about that being an issue when I started playing a fresh game last night. I'd like to know the answer to this as well.

Terracustom adjusts ore amount to world size but the question is whether this effect occurs with Thorium ores or not.

Last edited:
Guys any help on this ?
The mp3 sound file at Sounds/Music/Aqua.mp3 failed to load
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.do_Load(Object threadContext)

Inner Exception:
Insufficient memory to continue the execution of the program.
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Helpers.GetExceptionFromResult(UInt32 result)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.SoundEffect.AllocateFormatAndData(Byte[] format, Byte[] data, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.SoundEffect..ctor(Stream stream)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.SoundEffect.FromStream(Stream stream)

Edit: I downgraded the tModloader and it works just fine. I find it weird that on 0.10.0.2 it doesn't tell that the mod is outdated or from another version (also others mods like tremor and calamity they all say that they are outdated)

S o , i got the exact same problem : does that mean that you can play Thorium using TMD 10.01 but all other mods wont work due to being made for 10.02 ?

It would be far easier to find what is making Thorium not work on 10.02 ( for the two of us at least )

Back
Top Bottom