tModLoader The Thorium Mod

@DivermanSam So I've just started to experiment with mods in terraria and I have to say this is one of the highest caliber mods I've ever seen, even among minecraft and skyrim communities. I just have a couple suggestions I thought would make this mod more interesting. Possibly for the next update or something.
1. Make bosses that are more interesting to fight. Something like, instead of just the usual clash of meat, a boss that has unique mechanics to its fight. For example: a boss that damages you more if you're moving, so you need to stay as still as possible to take minimum damage.
2. More unique weapons for every class. I'm a weapons glutton personally, so this is just my personal opinion. You can just disregard this one if you'd like. In any case, I noticed things like the flesh, titan, lodestone, etc. Items being the same old same old. Especially the melee weapons, which despite the fact that they come in different forms don't come with effects and abilities as good as things like magic or ranged. I figure for the melee weapons you could add more unique effects to them, like a sword that leaves behind a trail which can hit multiple times after the first hit, or at least a damage buff for the simple ones to make them more viable. Things like this for ranged and magic weapons as well, and more unique attack methods than necessarily the simple singular projectile.
3. More things for the adventurous terrarian to find as they explore. Perhaps add some items that can only be found underground in special areas or even new biomes for an explorer to discover.
Though I understand these additions would take a considerable amount of work, and they are just personal suggestions, I believe it would make the mod even more fun to have and experiment with. Thanks for reading, if you got this far(I know I write a lot, sorry!)
I agree with you on swords needing some help maybe,

maybe an effect like if you swing your sword in one direction a mirrored sword is behind you as well. Or maybe that could be an accessory to make any sword do it??

sword that shoot a projectile that bounces off walls

sword that increases movement speed on attack

magic weapons in this mod are all very diverse and unique though props to the mind of @DivermanSam

Last edited:
i'm not sure but i think the thorium anvil might be crashing the game, i used T-EDIT to remove it and my game stopped crashing on load.

this is the error i believe,
Code:
System.OutOfMemoryException: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.
  at Terraria.UI.Chat.ChatLine..ctor()
  at Terraria.Main.DrawMenu(GameTime gameTime)
  at Terraria.Main.do_Draw(GameTime gameTime)
  at Terraria.Main.Draw(GameTime gameTime)
  at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DrawFrame()
  at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
  at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
  at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
  at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame()
  at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
  at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
  at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
  at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args)

i'm not sure but i think the thorium anvil might be crashing the game, i used T-EDIT to remove it and my game stopped crashing on load.

this is the error i believe,

Reinstall the mod and reload it. If this is multiplayer then thats a tmodloader issue. Reinstalling it should fix everything.

Nestling spawns are driving me nuts
My bag is just full of bird carcasses
Tell me, what version of the mod are you using, and where are the nestlings attacking you? The surface?
[doublepost=1459384738,1459384668][/doublepost]
Maybe an effect like if you swing your sword in one direction a mirrored sword is behind you as well
What a good idea... :eek:
[doublepost=1459384795][/doublepost]
So I'm flying about as a ghost at the lower layers... I am assuming all this greenish ore I am seeing is Thorium? It's EVERYWHERE. I think you need to tone down the spawnrate, maybe cut it in half.
I think its funny that you think that, when most people want the opposite... :sigh:

so another funny thing i noticed. i had a reinforced thorium pax on a plaque prior to the latest update, but when i come back on after applying the latest update i noticed that my reinforced thorium pax has transformed into a Terrarium Bomber! not sure if ill just keep it on the plaque or toss it haha. also prior to me updating and when i tried joining my friends updated game server, instead of the parrots flying around that dropped the avian cartilage being there which my friend was seeing.. the blood moon boss patchwork was flying around my screen XD

so another funny thing i noticed. i had a reinforced thorium pax on a plaque prior to the latest update, but when i come back on after applying the latest update i noticed that my reinforced thorium pax has transformed into a Terrarium Bomber! not sure if ill just keep it on the plaque or toss it haha. also prior to me updating and when i tried joining my friends updated game server, instead of the parrots flying around that dropped the avian cartilage being there which my friend was seeing.. the blood moon boss patchwork was flying around my screen XD

Tmodloader issues.

That's tModLoader multiplayer for you...

I definitely agree with you on the sword weapons being a little lack luster. Giving each sword varying speed, damage and on hit debuffs isn't really "unique". I sometimes have some trouble coming up with unique or even thematic effects for these swords however. I always have the fear the effects I might give them are unbalanceable in what they do, and by that I mean it might do something completely wicked, but if I tone down its damage it becomes too weak but if I raise it, it becomes too strong. :sigh: I'll definitely work into overhauling the swords though. I'm planning on making this update as meaty as possible with changes and improvements, and I WILL NOT release it until I'm completely satisfied with it.
I'm using the most recent, and yes, surface. It seems like there's always at least two of them trying to murder me.
Humor me and tell me the version number.

[doublepost=1459384738,1459384668][/doublepost] What a good idea... :eek:
[/QUOTE]
Tell me
Tell me, what version of the mod are you using, and where are the nestlings attacking you? The surface?
[doublepost=1459384795][/doublepost] I think its funny that you think that, when most people want the opposite... :sigh:

:D:D day made

Uh I don't know what I'm doing with this quoting lol

i think that a hard mode version of the divers sword with a cooler effect would be pretty interesting, maybe like being able to spawn a little whirlpools similar to what fishron does, but in a chosen location.

i think that a hard mode version of the divers sword with a cooler effect would be pretty interesting, maybe like being able to spawn a little whirlpools similar to what fishron does, but in a chosen location.
I know pumpkings mod has something exactly like that

I think we should have a couple more monster mobs. I had the thought of anthropomorphic rats in the cavern layer and reptilian monkey things in the jungle.

Does the Thorium Ore generate together with world generation? I want to use TerraCustom to generate my world so its more "complete", but I also wanna play with the Thorium Mod installed. Any way to create the world with that tool and still have Thorium Ore to be generated (if this is a problem at all)?

Does the Thorium Ore generate together with world generation? I want to use TerraCustom to generate my world so its more "complete", but I also wanna play with the Thorium Mod installed. Any way to create the world with that tool and still have Thorium Ore to be generated (if this is a problem at all)?
I think Terracustom won't generate any modded ore

How about an accessory, which will push people away from the character? Like, a forcefield. It won't do any sorts of damage, just to push the mobs away, won't work on bosses either. For example, I usually play as a Gunslinger and I almost always use Exploding Bullets. And those in close range are definitely a disaster, as if you're wearing shroomite armor and you're shootin' with mostly only the Sniper Rifle. Let's also say it procs every somewhat 3-6 seconds. It can get quite something when you kill yourself becouse of mobs, and that they're way too close.
How about an accessory, which will determine my problem in my above text? Like, an accessory which removes the Self Damage from the Explosion bullets, or self damage in general. I know it can get OP, but let's say it procs only within 5 seconds.
How about addin' flasks? Like, Blood Flask which regens HP with a 25% chance per your hit, a Frostfire flask, a Shadowflame flask, an Eletricity Flask which will give the "Confusion" debuff and others?
..Am I supposed to be loosin' hope in mo' guns, or no?
How 'bout addin' more Explosive weapons? Like, a rocket storm which will shoot out 5 rockets only consuming 1, but will have a huge delay between shooting, like, 6-7 seconds. Or a debuff, "Unloaded", where after shooting out the 5 rockets, you have to wait for the debuff to wore off if you wish to still shoot out 5 rockets, otherwise you shoot out 1?
And after expecting the bow section, I can tell that we do indeed need more ranged weapons in general, not just guns. My friend was doing a Ranger walkthrough, and he only used a Platinum Bow, a Shadowflame bow, a Pusle Bow and the Tsunami. Just 4, when we only use 1-2 of the explosive weapons and 7 of the guns. I guess I understand why you're currently aiming to make more bows, and not just guns.
How about more buff potions? Like, "Quick Fingers" which allow you to shoot faster and it only works for 2 minutes, "Bunny's Legs" which buff your jumping for 30 seconds or 1 minute, "Spiked Hands" which give a 10% damage buff that works for 1-2 minutes, "Shock" flask which will give your weapon extra electricity damage, "Undead" potion which turns you into a skeleton, "Money Saviour" which will save your money after you die, works for 30 minutes, "Item Saviour" which saves your items if plaing in Mediumcore, works for 20 minutes, "Body Keeper" which will allow you to respawn once in Hardcore*, works for 5 minutes/infinite, one use, hard recipe.
And is such a weapon possible? A katana which will teleport you to your cursor giving the same debuff as the Rod of Discord, but maybe make it a lil' bit different or somethin', which will hit every enemy that was behind your cursor? Like, a bunch of enemies, but as soon as you click, boom, you damage 'em and you teleport behind 'em. Like, straight before teleporting you, it shoots out a projectile of the same length as how far away your cursor is fromy our character. Should be crafted with the Arkhalis.
How about a glove/gauntlet weapon? With like a punching animation by using all the ranged weapon's animations (pointin' ye arm in directions) and giving it a melee effect instead? That'd make a unique weapon.
How about differing the weapons? The Axes get medium stats, the Swords get less damage but quicker speed, and the Warhammers get the highest damage yet the slowest speed? (May take a crap ton of rework, so feel free to nevermind that suggestion)
This may take a lot of work, but these are just suggestions that I'm quite sure I'm not the only one who's waiting for/wondering about.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom