tModLoader The Thorium Mod

Welp, sorry for the hassle guys. I've updated on the Mod Browser and I've also updated the mod on Media Fire again in the hopes that that one works for people that prefer to manually update. So go ahead and update the easy way and enjoy the mod!

Beholder has a mask now, btw.

P.S. tModLoader can now detect how many items, npcs, mount, etc. the mod has. Do you think someone could tell me those numbers compared to some other mods?

You have more items than tremor.
[doublepost=1459739824,1459739442][/doublepost]
Ancient Obsidian is kinda easy to get don't ya think?

Ancient obsidian, how do I get this?

It still requires Granite armor to make the actual pieces though, unless there's also Ancient Obsidian gear now, Idunno, didn't dig at that too much myself yet.

Unless you're a ranger, and are firing in any direction but straight up.
Ok, admittedly a minor technical flaw but still... (In all srsness, brought it up a while ago while he was doing bugfixing things. He may be looking into it still.)

So been playing on your mod for a few days @DivermanSam and I got to say I've enjoyed it so far. Although trying to download the new patch for the Tmodloader version 0.8.0 somehow crashes the game when it's booting not sure if the mod or the loader but I would like to know what's causing the problem.

Edit: I play on a Linux machine if it helps narrows it down? Not asking you specifically but I would like some help from the other forum goers if I could get it.

I mean I would try to check but unfortunately my mod browser doesn't work... IDK why it doesn't it comes out as all blank. Even if I type in Thorium, it still doesn't work...

Well its just a vanity shift, no stat change occurs if you wear one or the other.
[doublepost=1459771963,1459771859][/doublepost]
So been playing on your mod for a few days @DivermanSam and I got to say I've enjoyed it so far. Although trying to download the new patch for the Tmodloader version 0.8.0 somehow crashes the game when it's booting not sure if the mod or the loader but I would like to know what's causing the problem.

Edit: I play on a Linux machine if it helps narrows it down? Not asking you specifically but I would like some help from the other forum goers if I could get it.
I would try uninstalling the mod (make sure you don't load a world afterwards), then redownload Thorium. That usually fixes any problems you might encounter. After re-installing, its safe to load the worlds again.

I feel as if the slowness given when wearing ancient obsidian should be lessened a tiny bit. The armor is rather useless at the time you get it, as most players only have Wall of Flesh left when they obtain it.

I feel as if the slowness given when wearing ancient obsidian should be lessened a tiny bit. The armor is rather useless at the time you get it, as most players only have Wall of Flesh left when they obtain it.
I disagree completely. The defense that it gives is kind of ridiculous. You're virtually unchecked by all pre-hardmode enemies and hazards and it helps with any extra exploration you want to do before entering hardmode. I can understand from a speed-run stand point, that its lacking, but that's not the armors purpose.

I disagree completely. The defense that it gives is kind of ridiculous. You're virtually unchecked by all pre-hardmode enemies and hazards and it helps with any extra exploration you want to do before entering hardmode. I can understand from a speed-run stand point, that its lacking, but that's not the armors purpose.
Thing is, that defense becomes completely useless when fighting any boss after skeletron, whom I consider to be the final boss you battle before the wall of flesh. The armor is far too slow for it to even be worth exploring in. I do not speed run any boss, by the way.

You should really make more Summoner Items. (Correct me if I'm wrong) but there's only 2 summoners item in the mod right now. Please make Summoner viable from the start!
Two...? There's like 8 weapons and 2 armor sets!

- Well admittedly, only four true Summoner weapons exist, but the other 4 deal summon damage, summon minions in an offensive manner or buff your minions.

- Thunder bird drop
- Aquatic bar crafting
- Expert mode beholder
- Living flame blocks, bones, souls of night
- Confused zombie sells 2
- Silk and souls of light & Night make 2

Last edited:
Hiya! Coming to the end of my playthrough using this, tremor, pokemod, prefixes and a few Quality of Life mods. Figured I'd put my 2 cents in. :D

Pickaxes always seemed underwhelming. They were, in general, harder to get than vanilla versions that had higher %s.

The magic staves, both hard mode and pre-hard mode were amazing! Farming in the dungeon for 45 minutes for high tide - not so amazing. :p I used most of the staves pretty extensively and I think the hard mode ore staves were, in general, less useful than pre-hard mode staves. I loved the pre-hm staves effects. I kinda wished there was an upgraded version of them for hm, especially the High Tide & combined staves. The hallowed staff was awesome, though. Haven't used chlorophyl yet!

I used the White Knight armor 'til I got into shroomite stuff. Awesome set, really interesting effect. Made casters much more viable, imo.

I have no idea how to get the Empty Seed bag. It mysteriously popped up about 40 hours in. I'd been growing material since the start, too. Not sure what to say 'bout this. :x

The boss fights were awesome, but please chill out on the 'dust' trails. The Lich is literally a slide show. 1fps fight for me. Phase 1 was fine, Phase 2..not so fine(expert).

Coznix was /slightly/ laggy in phase 2 my first time, but not my second. Not sure why. I'm going to blame prefixes on that one~

All in all awesome mod. :D I'll definitely make it a staple addon to any future play-throughs! Thank you very much for the fun time!

Inspired by Akimasus really good post about his playthrough, i want to give also my 2 cents about my current one (Pre-Hardmode still).

First of all I LOVE THIS MOD, GIVE ME MOARR!

On a more serious note i agree with Akimasu that most Pickaxes are not worth makinbg since they are weaker than the original ones. Only the Imporved Thorium Pickaxe is one i ended up using pre-hardmode.

The Staves on the other hand were hands down amazing, i had so much fun using them and the possibility to upgrade them and make Light's Lament or Blood Boil is really motivating and both are a blast to use.

But the bows really disappointed me, Eternal Night and Hemorrhage both have interesting effects but they are less flashy when compared to the staves and both dont deal much damage at the point we can get them.
Perhaps they can be improved by giving them auto-fire and a tad more damage and effect power?

I didnt play summoner too much but the thunder bird was my constant companion, but i wish there were more variety and a few more summoner weapons.....please:happy:

Queen jellyfish is a fun fight and i really like her drops:)

Until now Thorium is a amazing experience and i cant wait to see what hardmode has in store:D

@DivermanSam Thank you and keep up the amazing work:happy:

Thing is, that defense becomes completely useless when fighting any boss after skeletron, whom I consider to be the final boss you battle before the wall of flesh. The armor is far too slow for it to even be worth exploring in. I do not speed run any boss, by the way.
I disagree there as well. I used the Obsidian armor as a second armor set all the way up till I got Terrarium armor. The armor is extremely useful in a large number of ways with its immunity to lava and burn damage. While you are a bit slow in most things the utility it brings is beyond measure.

Hiya! Coming to the end of my playthrough using this, tremor, pokemod, prefixes and a few Quality of Life mods. Figured I'd put my 2 cents in. :D

Pickaxes always seemed underwhelming. They were, in general, harder to get than vanilla versions that had higher %s.

The magic staves, both hard mode and pre-hard mode were amazing! Farming in the dungeon for 45 minutes for high tide - not so amazing. :p I used most of the staves pretty extensively and I think the hard mode ore staves were, in general, less useful than pre-hard mode staves. I loved the pre-hm staves effects. I kinda wished there was an upgraded version of them for hm, especially the High Tide & combined staves. The hallowed staff was awesome, though. Haven't used chlorophyl yet!

I used the White Knight armor 'til I got into shroomite stuff. Awesome set, really interesting effect. Made casters much more viable, imo.

I have no idea how to get the Empty Seed bag. It mysteriously popped up about 40 hours in. I'd been growing material since the start, too. Not sure what to say 'bout this. :x

The boss fights were awesome, but please chill out on the 'dust' trails. The Lich is literally a slide show. 1fps fight for me. Phase 1 was fine, Phase 2..not so fine(expert).

Coznix was /slightly/ laggy in phase 2 my first time, but not my second. Not sure why. I'm going to blame prefixes on that one~

All in all awesome mod. :D I'll definitely make it a staple addon to any future play-throughs! Thank you very much for the fun time!
The new tmodloader update (0.8) dealt with a lot of lag problems I think you won't experience lag with those bosses again

Would love to see more summon weapons and possible gears from the future updates. Did a thread a couple months back about some ideas, but I loved the starfish staff this mod has ^^

Back
Top Bottom