tModLoader The Thorium Mod

Beserker/Harbinger. And if they're meant to be sidegrades, why aren't they at least equal to the vanilla armors they parallel?

They are? Harbinger offers the highest damage spike in the whole game, berserker armor offers life regen and another good damage spike (that's all-class I think) dread is great for dodging and not getting hit in the first place, and flesh armor is also one of the top choices for survivability.

That would be the effect of the defense stat.

No. I tested it by letting a slime minion (vanilla) and the meteor head minion attack the same mob, one at a time. The slime actually did more on average. Neither staff had a prefix, and the character had nothing else equipped.

Just a precaution, I'd suggest against baseless dismissal. Why would I single out the meteor head staff of all things based on damage reduction from defense, when everything is affected by it?

They are? Harbinger offers the highest damage spike in the whole game, berserker armor offers life regen and another good damage spike (that's all-class I think) dread is great for dodging and not getting hit in the first place, and flesh armor is also one of the top choices for survivability.
I tried fighting Plantera and the Golem using Berserker armor and got crushed to pieces. I'm just saying if nothing else they need better defense stats so one can at least stay alive long enough for the life regen to kick in or to pop a potion.

I tried fighting Plantera and the Golem using Berserker armor and got crushed to pieces. I'm just saying if nothing else they need better defense stats so one can at least stay alive long enough for the life regen to kick in or to pop a potion.
If you are on the expert mode, more and more big arena is needed to you could dodge Plantera more better. Small arena for a plantera is mostly every time a lose to her.

Just a precaution, I'd suggest against baseless dismissal. Why would I single out the meteor head staff of all things based on damage reduction from defense, when everything is affected by it?
Don't take what he said personally. Sometimes, people really don't think about it. In the case of the meteor heads damage, its actually more of a dps reading than a damage reading. The way I have the head working makes him rapid fire attack enemies in short little bursts. The total damage of those bursts is supposed to deal about as much as the staff says he will on hit. Its wonky and not easy to understand, but its the only way I currently could get him to function without him attacking so quickly that you couldn't get a hit in yourself. I'm sure you know about that mechanic, hit-amount limitations.

Which mods go well with this one?
If you think the game isn't hard enough, try out Prefixes for Enemies. It can be pretty fun, expecially once projectile prefixes kick in and you encounter this mod's Abomination.

I know a ton of people play with Tremor alongside this one, but I'm not a fan of that, personally. A lot of content is very similar and overlap in their purpose. But I find Thorium's content to be better in most cases, so I use that.

Don't take what he said personally. Sometimes, people really don't think about it. In the case of the meteor heads damage, its actually more of a dps reading than a damage reading. The way I have the head working makes him rapid fire attack enemies in short little bursts. The total damage of those bursts is supposed to deal about as much as the staff says he will on hit. Its wonky and not easy to understand, but its the only way I currently could get him to function without him attacking so quickly that you couldn't get a hit in yourself. I'm sure you know about that mechanic, hit-amount limitations.

Ah, alright. It's just one item and not a really big deal, just thought it was weird it performed rather poorly compared to what one might expect. But, I was on expert mode, probably fudges it if that's how the meteor head works.

Last edited:

Lol speaking of which that mechanic still unfortunately happens ones u reach a certain number of those minions. However that's to be expected much like the celestial dragon. :)

Ok. Thanks

this is juat an idea but there should be a plantera yoyo acting like the eye of the destroyer it has the same type of attack form but uses petals in stead of lasers but it can do like 63 dmg its just a ool idea over my love of the eye of the destroyer

this is juat an idea but there should be a plantera yoyo acting like the eye of the destroyer it has the same type of attack form but uses petals in stead of lasers but it can do like 63 dmg its just a ool idea over my love of the eye of the destroyer

Try the flower pow. It's similar enough, actually rather decent and underated.

Ah, alright. It's just one item and not a really big deal, just thought it was weird it performed rather poorly compared to what one might expect. But, I was on expert mode, probably fudges it if that's how the meteor head works.

Truth be told, the reason I figured it was defense reduction was because it seems rather strange to code the minion damage with some sort of modifier instead of just having to tooltip be accurate. Defense impacts lower end damage values more than anything, even like 10 defense will halve a 16 damage weapon's damage output. It there really IS something wonky with it, it's... strange, to say the least.

Regardless, the meteor head staff shines for its knockback anyway. It's not really something that will do a ton of damage, use bees or something for that, but it's good at keeping things pinned down and unable to really attack. Try it on BoC or that snow biome spider in hard mode, you'll see what I mean.

I came up with a few more recipes.

Mushroom Medley - 1 of every type of mushroom

Mana Berry Pie - Same as the Blueberry pie recipe except you use 5 mana berries instead of blue berries.

Rainbow Gelatin - 50 Gel, 50 Pink Gel, 1 Jelly

That's what I got so far. I was trying to think of recipes that could use some of the materials used to make dyes like Orange Bloodroot but I can't think of anything.

I came up with a few more recipes.

Mushroom Medley - 1 of every type of mushroom

Mana Berry Pie - Same as the Blueberry pie recipe except you use 5 mana berries instead of blue berries.

Rainbow Gelatin - 50 Gel, 50 Pink Gel, 1 Jelly

That's what I got so far. I was trying to think of recipes that could use some of the materials used to make dyes like Orange Bloodroot but I can't think of anything.
The cook is definitely in for a purpose buff. I've noted and saved all of your ideas, and they'll be used when the time comes. :)

Back
Top Bottom