tModLoader The Thorium Mod

My partner and I are playing multiplayer.Trying to put the Shield of Cthulu in any vanity slot causes the game to crash. The Shield of Cthulu doesn't cause a crash if he tries to put it in an equipment slot. It only happens with other equipment equipped and has been reproduced with Band of Replenishment and the One Ring. Other items used (but unequipped for testing) are the Thorium Shield, Goblin War Shield, Frostspark Boots, Lava Waders, and Worm Scarf. Anyone else having this problem?

This is the error message he gets when it crashes.

My partner and I are playing multiplayer.Trying to put the Shield of Cthulu in any vanity slot causes the game to crash. The Shield of Cthulu doesn't cause a crash if he tries to put it in an equipment slot. It only happens with other equipment equipped and has been reproduced with Band of Replenishment and the One Ring. Other items used (but unequipped for testing) are the Thorium Shield, Goblin War Shield, Frostspark Boots, Lava Waders, and Worm Scarf. Anyone else having this problem?

This is the error message he gets when it crashes.
Yep, I replicated this exact crash as well -- only when I had Band of Replenishment and the One Ring equipped while placing Shield of Cthulu in a vanity slot like you said.

Although I've got to say, I never would've found this crash without trying your unique equipment combination. :p

me and my friend got this mod a few days ago and so far I'm really enjoying it, but I have to ask:
is the prophecy staff suppoused to heal you to full hp upon returning to you after healing an ally?

This is what's happening for me when I heal my friend and it seems like this isn't supposed to happen because of what it says on the wiki.
As an example we were farming in the dungeon and my hp was 76/400 and I cast it once (one projectile) from this staff healed my friend and I got instantly healed back up to 400/400 when that projectile returned to me (this was in 1.4.0.1 and I have now updated to 1.4.0.2 but havent played yet because i am waiting for my friend so I dont know if this update fixed it)

Glad to see spark taser is just as overpowered as always. Last thrower run I did I actually wound up using it as my main weapon until the white dwarf kunais were obtained, post-moon lord. I'd suggest nerfing it down a bit, either cutting it's fire rate or it's damage output, because at the moment there's very little reason to use any other throwing weapon for a majority of the endgame. Also going to note that using it with the life-steal vial makes it steal life super often, I dunno if that's unintended or that's just how fast it's attacking.

*edit*
just in case anyone's having issues with finding some of the new bard weapons, I decided to compile a list of locations I found for them. A grand majority are crafted, but a few aren't. those are...
Flute: Surface Chests
Aquamarine Wineglass: Aquatic depths chest
--------Hardmode-------------
Bagpipes: ??? (couldn't find it, I'm assuming it's a horde of gnomes drop)
Kazoo: ??? (no clue on this one)
24 Carat Tuba: Drops from Flying Dutchman
Sunflare Guitar: Drops from Frankenstein ('s monster)
Vuvuzellas: Drops from plantera
Triangle: Martian Saucer

Last edited:
When I try to load the mod I get this error:

The texture file at Projectiles/Healer/HolyAura.png failed to load
at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.Autoload()
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.do_Load(Object threadContext)

Inner Exception:
Insufficient memory to continue the execution of the program.
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Helpers.GetExceptionFromResult(UInt32 result)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.Texture2D..ctor(GraphicsDevice graphicsDevice, Stream stream, Int32 width, Int32 height, XnaImageOperation operation)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.Texture2D.FromStream(GraphicsDevice graphicsDevice, Stream stream)
at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.Autoload()

I'm using tModLoader 0.10.0.2 and the latest thorium mod from 7/3/17.
This is on a laptop with built in Intel Graphics 3000. Mods that don't add new assets work fine (like crafting expansion mods)
Mod page says it's compatible with TML 10.0.2 so I dont know whats wrong.

How do i get Opal to make the ring?
you find opal just like any other gemstone
[doublepost=1499188681,1499188630][/doublepost]
Glad to see spark taser is just as overpowered as always. Last thrower run I did I actually wound up using it as my main weapon until the white dwarf kunais were obtained, post-moon lord. I'd suggest nerfing it down a bit, either cutting it's fire rate or it's damage output, because at the moment there's very little reason to use any other throwing weapon for a majority of the endgame. Also going to note that using it with the life-steal vial makes it steal life super often, I dunno if that's unintended or that's just how fast it's attacking.

*edit*
just in case anyone's having issues with finding some of the new bard weapons, I decided to compile a list of locations I found for them. A grand majority are crafted, but a few aren't. those are...
Flute: ??? (couldn't find it, I'm assuming surface chests?)
Aquamarine Wineglass: Aquatic depths chest
--------Hardmode-------------
Bagpipes: ??? (couldn't find it, I'm assuming it's a horde of gnomes drop)
Kazoo: ??? (no clue on this one)
24 Carat Tuba: Drops from Flying Dutchman
Sunflare Guitar: Drops from Frankenstein ('s monster)
Vuvuzellas: Drops from plantera
Triangle: ??? (assuming it's related to the dungeon)
I've found two flutes and its from surface chests

i need to get a new world to find it or it spawn when i activate the mod in the world i already played before?

Thanks for the help on those two, lightbowser1 and adeliz, edited those two into the post. Mainly having it as a future reference for my own run since I'm unsure on what to do for skeletron atm. (probably skyware lute with sitar as a backup)

Hey Divermansam, can you make a download link for your mod because when i try downloading the mod, it says the mod browser is under heavy load.

Hey Divermansam, can you make a download link for your mod because when i try downloading the mod, it says the mod browser is under heavy load.
check the first page of the thread they must have an altyernative download link.
[doublepost=1499194161,1499193762][/doublepost]
Thanks for the help on those two, lightbowser1 and adeliz, edited those two into the post. Mainly having it as a future reference for my own run since I'm unsure on what to do for skeletron atm. (probably skyware lute with sitar as a backup)
well on the wiki theres already the armor and accesory progression list for the bard the only thing that remains is the weapons list.

edit: theres the weapons for the bard as well but some of them are in WIP on how get them.

Last edited:
Just got the unreal modifier on the shade dagger. I'm wondering if the "ultimate" modifier for that one should be legendary instead, considering that it's a sword and everything.

On another note, was the drop rate on the greedy magnet nerfed or did I just get unlucky, since I had to defeat 9 Flying Dutchmans over 3 pirate invasions for one to drop.

On another note, was the drop rate on the greedy magnet nerfed or did I just get unlucky, since I had to defeat 9 Flying Dutchmans over 3 pirate invasions for one to drop.
RNG was being a douche on you (yes there are times when terraria help you and others hate you for specific items)

RNG was being a douche on you (yes there are times when terraria help you and others hate you for specific items)
lol it's like the uzi where I farm it for hours on a ranger build and don't get it then have 3 randomly drop on the same non-ranger playthrough

Also on the black dagger, I'm still confused as to what the point of the alt-fire on that weapon is. The normal fire is absurdly good (even compared to the spark taser, though it obviously can't home like that can) but the alt-fire is both slow and suffers from the multi-shot pierce thing that vanilla guns suffer from when using multi-shot guns + piercing ammo.

Found a bug? I guess. If player has The Ring equipped, then, in few minutes maximum game will crash with this message. https://gyazo.com/898875dd44c289f5ca26a5ec85a5cf9e
898875dd44c289f5ca26a5ec85a5cf9e

Back
Top Bottom