tModLoader The Thorium Mod

i'm having a bit of an issue, none of the characters i've made are getting the family heirloom. they simply just haven't spawned with one

Edit: all of my characters spawn with the carrot, i think this may be part of the problem

I've noticed that the projectile from The Zapper starts at the character's back, rather than in front of the gun barrel.

Sounds (No pun intended) amazing! Honestly I would love to see this in some update!

IKR?! :D
[doublepost=1503313261,1503313160][/doublepost]
I'd like to offer an idea of separating the Prefistoric Staff into two separate "virtual" weapons like the Thor's Hammer to allow precise control over what exactly you summon, in what order and how many of. Currently the randomness of it, which is nowhere to be seen among other vanilla and Thorium summon weapons, kinda diminishes its otherwise great value. In some situations, I'd like an army or dragons. Sometimes I need a flock of pterodactyls. Currently, it is nearly impossible and would take years of resummonning.

I also agree with this. I think that it'd be cool to just left click for dinos and right click for the other one. It'd be so great.

having fun with the new update but I don't know if having the tier IV and V ("the tier" I guess) butterfly staves being pre-hardmode is a good idea, as even the tier II and III staves are good summoner weapons in pre-hardmode. (the ruby, diamond, and shroomite butterflies are available pre-hardmode, so IV is craftable) If anything I'd suggest making tier IV and V staves require the Mythril/Orichalcum anvil to craft them.
Speaking of the butterflies, not sure if a glitch or intentional but sometimes a few butterflies transform into the items they are based on when you catch them. So far I've noticed this with the hellwing butterflies (hellstone bar), luminite butterflies (luminite bar) and the jungle spore butterflies (jungle spores) Seems to happen at about an 8-10% rate through testing. (worth noting that this is the only way to get luminite outside of re-fighting the moon lord if tremors isn't downloaded)

I can vouch for the top-level butterfly staff being severely OP for pre-Hardmode. I was playing with a friend the other day, and she was using that staff; I literally couldn't get a hit in on anything below a proper boss because the butterflies would just eat everything instantly. Crimson mobs, Underworld demons, Dungeon creatures, it didn't matter, they were all butterfly chow in a matter of seconds. She even summoned the thunderbird boss (whose proper name escapes me at the moment) and I watched it die to butterflies in about thirty seconds.

I think if the butterfly staff didn't apply ichor until the final tier (which shouldn't be obtainable until hardmode) it would be fine. Shredding the wall of flesh in expert mode at tier 2 because of the ichor debuff is a bit ridiculous.

That being said, it is a really cool Summoner weapon.

Err, How do I download the latest 1.4.0.6 update with Butterflies? Just downloaded it from here, but it was 1.4.0.5

The bard class is stupid. there are large gaps where the game just slows to a crawl, weapons that dont do what they say, and worst of all, inspiration is chewed through like butter with the last weapons, making them USELESS. a good example is the sonic amplifier. it is the weapon crafted out of shooting star fragments from pillars, and it costs 9 inspiration to fire three shots. 3 inspiration per shot. this is STUPID compared to weapons you get at the beginning of hardmode like the Chrono ocorina which only cost 1 inspiration to do 250 dmg+, and then the sonic amplifier costs 3 inspiration to do 200 dmg. its stupid.

also, hallowed megaphone costs 2 inspiration per shot even though its description says 1.

Speaking of the butterflies, not sure if a glitch or intentional but sometimes a few butterflies transform into the items they are based on when you catch them. So far I've noticed this with the hellwing butterflies (hellstone bar), luminite butterflies (luminite bar) and the jungle spore butterflies (jungle spores) Seems to happen at about an 8-10% rate through testing. (worth noting that this is the only way to get luminite outside of re-fighting the moon lord if tremors isn't downloaded)

I've seen it too, but I don't think that can be a glitch. The game code isn't smart like that. It doesn't know that the mob is called a this or that in the same way a person does, only in the sense of knowing to display certain text in certain situations. It also doesn't know that the name and location of a butterfly relates to the names and locations relevant to other items. Code-wise, there's nothing linking Butterfly X with Resource Y, unless @DivermanSam put something in the code to link them. The only kind of bug I could see this being is if these were meant to be "on-kill" drops, and the game was registering catching with a net as a kill event, causing it to sometimes produce its rare drop in place of its "self" drop (also a distinct item in the code). Even then, the drops themselves wouldn't be a glitch, and it might fall into the "Not bug - feature." category as a way to not risk losing the butterfly trying to get its drop.

I've seen it too, but I don't think that can be a glitch. The game code isn't smart like that. It doesn't know that the mob is called a this or that in the same way a person does, only in the sense of knowing to display certain text in certain situations. It also doesn't know that the name and location of a butterfly relates to the names and locations relevant to other items. Code-wise, there's nothing linking Butterfly X with Resource Y, unless @DivermanSam put something in the code to link them. The only kind of bug I could see this being is if these were meant to be "on-kill" drops, and the game was registering catching with a net as a kill event, causing it to sometimes produce its rare drop in place of its "self" drop (also a distinct item in the code). Even then, the drops themselves wouldn't be a glitch, and it might fall into the "Not bug - feature." category as a way to not risk losing the butterfly trying to get its drop.
now that you put it like that, fair point. (it was on-catch, not on-kill) I do really like that I can get luminite without having to re-fight the moon lord (most post-game mods tend to require a TON of luminte) so having those is helpful. I should probably do a full test on which butterflies can drop items when caught.

now that you put it like that, fair point. (it was on-catch, not on-kill) I do really like that I can get luminite without having to re-fight the moon lord (most post-game mods tend to require a TON of luminte) so having those is helpful. I should probably do a full test on which butterflies can drop items when caught.
I know that I've seen the gem butterflies drop their gems, and the mushroom butterflies dropping magic mushrooms.

The bard class is stupid. there are large gaps where the game just slows to a crawl, weapons that dont do what they say, and worst of all, inspiration is chewed through like butter with the last weapons, making them USELESS. a good example is the sonic amplifier. it is the weapon crafted out of shooting star fragments from pillars, and it costs 9 inspiration to fire three shots. 3 inspiration per shot. this is STUPID compared to weapons you get at the beginning of hardmode like the Chrono ocorina which only cost 1 inspiration to do 250 dmg+, and then the sonic amplifier costs 3 inspiration to do 200 dmg. its stupid.

also, hallowed megaphone costs 2 inspiration per shot even though its description says 1.

I totally agree with Sonic Amplifier, this is so weak compared to other weapons. Its projectiles don't even pierce, it uses too much Inspiration and deals a bit small damage. Well, also buffs granted from it were weak I think.

Speaking of butterflies in thorium.

I have no clue why, but the butterfly staff, charm and lure, cannot be crafted.

I don't know if this is a version glitch, a conflict with a mod, or the fact that i'm a moron sometimes, but I checked a modded in game item recipe checker*, and the wiki, and I can't craft jack.

Help? It seems OP and blooming amazing and I wanted something to help with revengeance mode from calamity, especially for those bosses.

MOD LIST:
Cheat Sheet v0.2.7.2
Elemental Unleash v1.3.1
Loot Bags v0.10.2
Which Mod Is This From? v2.2.1
Shorter Respawn Time v0.2.4
MorePotions(40 new potions) v1.193
Wing Slot v1.2.9
Yet Another Boss Health Bar v1.1.3
*Recipe Browser v0.2.0.6
Thorium Mod v1.4.0.4
Reduced Grinding v4.17
Fargo's Mutant Mod: Summons and Souls v0.11.2
imkSushi's Mod v4.1.3
Calamity Mod v1.1.7.971

Thanks in advance.

FORGET, APPARENTLY IT IS VERSIONS, THOUGHT IT WAS, FFS REEEEEEEE!

Though I've had another question, which is easier, granite boss or the champion.

Hey guys, just wondering if someone could help me out. I have a pretty decent pc. Nvidia gtx 1070 16 gbs of ram and i7 processor. For some reason when I put on the icy armor set my fps kind of drop to about 30 and the game runs in a slomo state. Everything is slow, walking, enemies, etc. Wearing any other non modded armor works fine with effects and even dyes. Having mods that increase minion count and having 100 of them doesnt even lag or drop fps. Just the armor sets for some reason. I have tried verifying the game, reinstalling, turning everything down to low, turning frame skip on/off, turning nvidias settings to performance, putting vsync on, using gefore to optimize the game, deleting a config file in the my game/terraria folder (Saw as a recommendation when searching for similar issues on google), etc. I have tried a lot of things and nothing has worked. I love this mod can someone please help me out? Thanks in advance.

Having mods that increase minion count and having 100 of them doesnt even lag or drop fps.
how in the name of god can you have 100 minions!!!!????? even using cheatsheet max minion increased by 20 and other mods armor,accesories to boost minion capacity you cant get more than 50!?!

Back
Top Bottom