tModLoader The Thorium Mod

I'll do what I can capt'n! If RNG isn't too nice I'll set myself up with the stuff with Cheatsheet to do it! Guess the only question that remains is if minions work on target dummies, or if I'll have to live-fire it?

Minions don't target dummies, I assume this is simply to stop them from auto targeting these instead of actual enemies.

Well. Since I lost all progress I finally got around to finishing Terraria again. I have to say though that the Terrarium Pulse Rifle is rather powerful. Like I'm pretty sure it out classes the S.D.M.G in terms of damage. I'll have to check it out later to be sure but all the same with my Ranger ready to go I'm eagerly awaiting the new future content you're coming out with.

Well, doing my testing anyway with 50 Meteorite stacked outside my base, standing on it for a bit to keep myself damaged, adn letting the mobs come to the minions.

The slight is when it comes to the Morale Banner, I seem to be having issues testing it, to the point where a minion I was sure was reacting favorably to it during my Moon Lord evicerations isn't showing healing when one-shotting these mooks... I'm wondering if I shouldn't be testing this on sturdier things, like spamming Eye of Cthulu.

Still, I'm confident in saying that at least the two summon weapons I've found, the Void Lance to be incomparable with both, and the Sacrificial Dagger works fully with the Morale Banner and at least partly with the Lifebloom Effect (the dagger itself I wasn't sure of it triggering but the minion benefits.) All turret items (Queen Spider, Frost Hydra, Lunar Portal and Rainbow Crystal) also do not benefit sadly. As Lifebloom is a rather common buff I feel like I'm confident in sharing the minions I managed to get it to trigger and not trigger with.

Lifebloom Works
Slime Staff
Starfish Staff
Hatchling Staff
Spider Staff
Raven Staff
Beholder Staff
Pirate Staff
Stardust Dragon Staff
Deadly Sphere Staff

Sacrificial Dagger Minion (Dagger itself questionable)

Lifebloom Not Work
Hornet Staff
Imp Staff
Optic Staff
Pygmy Staff
Xeno Staff
Tempest Staff
Stardust Cell Staff

Void Lance

All Turret Staffs (Frost Hydra, Spider Queen, Lunar Crystal, Rainbow Crystal)
I forgot to check the Draconic Magma for Lifebloom, but I'll double-check it during the EoC fights. Any summon weapons I missed?

I have an emerald staff with the blizzard book ( for that amazing stun-lock ) and another weapon from tremor, i think, it's a weapon made from demonite.
I'm not that knowledgeable in the tremor mod but a good early game magic weapon you can get in thorium is a Thor's Hammer: Magic. To make it get 20 thorium bars and a thorium anvil then make a Thor's Hammer: Melee after that have it in your inventory and reforge into the Thor's Hammer: Magic. Considering that you remake it each time try to aim for a good modifier like mythical which is the best modifier for certain magic weapons. Your going to want to go to the jungle next to make the Jungle armor set which is in the original game so look up the materials needed from the wiki. While your there trying to getting the materials for the Jungle armor set try to farm up 4 stingers and 10 jungle spores for the Jungle's Wrath staff. If you have at least 10 demonite make the dark wave staff for later. Try to farm strangle bulbs for their petals so that you can make the petal armor set for increased magic damage after beating skeletron. For bosses to take on next it would be the eater of worlds or brain of cthulhu. Technically you can skip them because of the thorium mod but eater of worlds is worth facing if your playing on expert mode for his scarf. After beating skeletron you can go in the dungeon and farm dark casters for a high tide drop and with an enforced thorium pax you can mine hell stone so you can make hellstone bars for a Inferno staff. Next take the Dark Wave, Jungle's Wrath, High Tide, and the Inferno Staff to a demon alter and make a Lights Lament.

I'm not that knowledgeable in the tremor mod but a good early game magic weapon you can get in thorium is a Thor's Hammer: Magic. To make it get 20 thorium bars and a thorium anvil then make a Thor's Hammer: Melee after that have it in your inventory and reforge into the Thor's Hammer: Magic. Considering that you remake it each time try to aim for a good modifier like mythical which is the best modifier for certain magic weapons. Your going to want to go to the jungle next to make the Jungle armor set which is in the original game so look up the materials needed from the wiki. While your there trying to getting the materials for the Jungle armor set try to farm up 4 stingers and 10 jungle spores for the Jungle's Wrath staff. If you have at least 10 demonite make the dark wave staff for later. Try to farm strangle bulbs for their petals so that you can make the petal armor set for increased magic damage after beating skeletron. For bosses to take on next it would be the eater of worlds or brain of cthulhu. Technically you can skip them because of the thorium mod but eater of worlds is worth facing if your playing on expert mode for his scarf. After beating skeletron you can go in the dungeon and farm dark casters for a high tide drop and with an enforced thorium pax you can mine hell stone so you can make hellstone bars for a Inferno staff. Next take the Dark Wave, Jungle's Wrath, High Tide, and the Inferno Staff to a demon alter and make a Lights Lament.
Dayummmmmmmm, nice, just what i need :] Thanks a lot for your advices, oh, also, is Jungle Armour better or worse than Petal Armour?! And the Petal spawn before or after skeletron?! Thanks again <3 Oh, so the Dark Wave thing is from Thorium, got it :]

Hey @DivermanSam , the Soul Cleaver from the Lich cannot be reforged by the goblin tinkerer - is that intentional? I don't think it is, and it's hurting my damage quite a bit not being able to reforge it.

Dayummmmmmmm, nice, just what i need :] Thanks a lot for your advices, oh, also, is Jungle Armour better or worse than Petal Armour?! And the Petal spawn before or after skeletron?! Thanks again <3 Oh, so the Dark Wave thing is from Thorium, got it :]
It depends Petal armor give more magic damage but less mana reduction and Petals spawn before skeletron but you can't make petal armor till after skeletron.

It depends Petal armor give more magic damage but less mana reduction and Petals spawn before skeletron but you can't make petal armor till after skeletron.
Ohhh, wait what!? I thought the Black Smith NPC sells that arcane thingy before skeletron!?! Anyways, the Jungle's Warth is amazing, it's help me a lot at progressing in the jungle. Gonna fight EoW with Magic Robe ;) Wish me luck, cause i'm gonna need it.

Ohhh, wait what!? I thought the Black Smith NPC sells that arcane thingy before skeletron!?! Anyways, the Jungle's Warth is amazing, it's help me a lot at progressing in the jungle. Gonna fight EoW with Magic Robe ;) Wish me luck, cause i'm gonna need it.
If so then my bad. Also one more thing you should probably get an enchanter's sword it has an upgrades that help you through early and late hard mode. Be on the look out for a Demon Scythe in the underworld they drop from demons and has a low reforge cost so try to get a Mythical one if you can although Thor's Hammer: Magic is around the same lvl of power. Good luck on your fight!

If so then my bad. Also one more thing you should probably get an enchanter's sword it has an upgrades that help you through early and late hard mode. Be on the look out for a Demon Scythe in the underworld they drop from demons and has a low reforge cost so try to get a Mythical one if you can although Thor's Hammer: Magic is around the same lvl of power. Good luck on your fight!
Thanks, just finished fighting him :) It was really easy, the Jungle's Warth did a great job ;) Especialy when he's stick together :))

So, i challenged myself to beat skeletron with 360 HP, and 15 def with Mythical Petal Staff..
Everything didn't went like i expected..
I thought i was gonna die, until he has like, under 500 HP.
I almost killed it, but lack of time D: and mana D: So he 1 shot me :[
So sad *sob* *sniff*

Last edited:
Hmm, so I was looking at the OP to see how to get strange plating and it drops from the FOUR mechanical bosses? The mod doesn't have the motherboard/whatever you want to call it. So who is the fourth?

So, i challenged myself to beat skeletron with 360 HP, and 15 def with Mythical Petal Staff..
So sad *sob* *sniff*
Daytime skeletron. Rekt

So sad *sob* *sniff*
Have you considered placing down a star in a bottle? That really helps with early game mana regen issues for boss fights. Also working on mana regen potions does wonders too.

So sad *sob* *sniff*
Potion brewing, always worked. Trust me.
Oh and, could you tell me what accessories and what armor, items and everything did you use? I'm doing a Mage playthrough with Thorium, and seems like I won't be able to do it either. I'm not quite the dodger.

Hmm, is there something wrong with the droprates, or am I extremely unlucky? I've killed over 90 GiantsTortoises and I got only ONE Turtle Shell. On wiki it says, that it has 1/17 chance to drop. Is it possible, that this mod lowered it? I play in normal mode.

/edit: now it's over 110 and still only one :(
/edit2: YEEES!!! The 137th dropped it!!!! XD
/edit3: There must be something wrong with the droprate. Killed 200 Giant Tortoises, killed over 1300 Hornets, got two Uzis but also only two Turtle Shells.
/edit4: YEEEEES!!! After two hours of farming I got the third turtle shell. I killed 220 Giant Tortoises.

Last edited:
Hmm, is there something wrong with the droprates, or am I extremely unlucky? I've killed over 90 GiantsTortoises and I got only ONE Turtle Shell. On wiki it says, that it has 1/17 chance to drop. Is it possible, that this mod lowered it?
Your RNG is being an :red:.

Back
Top Bottom